Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
  1.    #241  
    @p41m3r I should be able to add local IP and Ping fairly easily. You shouldn't ever have to access a router's client list while using my app though, the Device Name I refer to is the one at the top of the preferences menu.

@cartogary Can you post up the IPKG logs? They should be available in the device menu during/after install.

@BlueRQ sweet, looking forward to them voting for you in the finalists for sure- yours looks the most professional imo.

@OhanaUnited Device Name is in Preferences, the first option.

@jcmarcos I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you saying that the app works but the Wifi icon doesn't light up? And it certainly should work with Win8 CP, unless Microsoft have broken something

@Wheel_nut Can you post the ipkg log? (Available in device menu during/after install) it sounds like there was some kind of connection error during ipkg-opt update, which gets package lists from the optware servers. Might be a case of trying again with a stronger network connection/when the optware servers aren't being sucky.

@drewksparks What OSes are they running? Currently samba/my config has a few niggles when it comes to authentication, some users may have to explicity login as Guest with no password.
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 03/13/2012 at 09:36 AM.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    @Wheel_nut Can you post the ipkg log? (Available in device menu during/after install) it sounds like there was some kind of connection error during ipkg-opt update, which gets package lists from the opt ware servers. Might be a case of trying again with a stronger network connection/when the opt ware servers aren't being sucky.
    Hi ShiftyAxel,

I have edited my post to add the ipkg log. I have the same problem on two TouchPads. Interestingly, two of the 3 dependent packages installed on both but the third fails.

I tried this several times last night and again this morning. Same result... so I don't think it is a network problem. Now, I don't know about the optware servers!
  3.    #243  
    Looking at the log, it's definitely the optware servers. I'm afraid the only suggestion I can make it to wait and try later, sucky I know. You could also try it manually by running the following in a terminal app (wTerm, XTerm):
    su
    ipkg-opt update

But Easy Samba's installer does the exact same thing, so it's probably a case of patience. Darn optware.
    Hi
    Having a problem getting Wifi file sharing to work, appear to have installed everything in the correct order - bootstrap, adv linux command line, homebrew JSJSJS $service$, $easysamba$, $wifi$ $file$ $sharing$, $followed$ $by$ $a$ $restart$. $Indeed$ $have$ $uninstalled$, $reinstalled$ $and$ $restarted$ $several$ $times$, $still$ $it$ $does$ $not$ $appear$ $as$ $a$ $network$ $share$.

However, when I run ...
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.shiftyaxel.wifisharing.samba/samba/startSamba.sh

I get …

Stopping smbd
    smbd: no process killed
    Stopping nmbd
    nmbd: no process killed
    Opening ports 137, 138 on UDP, 139, 445 on TCP
    Starting nmbd
    /opt/sbin/nmbd: error while loading shared libraries: libsasl2.so.2: cannot open shared object file, no such file or directory
    Starting smbd
    /opt/sbin/smbd: error while loading shared libraries: libsasl2.so.2: cannot open shared object file, no such file or directory

Using wTerm, this file libsasl2.so.2 cannot be found

Any help in resolving this would be much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    ...then added each other with the enyo network drive mapper app.
    Im sorry if I ask something it has been answered but I didn't see the info. Where can I find this? I am trying to get my Pre3 connecting to my Touchpad...

Many thanks
    Vas

Update: My bad. I found it
    Last edited by VasTheGreek; 03/13/2012 at 04:56 PM.
    I may be showing quite a bit of ignorance here, but in regards to getting 1.x devices to be able to share:

From what was posted earlier, the problem is the missing node.jsjsjs.

Wouldn't it just be a matter of copying the appropriate files from a Pre 2 and pasting them in? Then when an app needing those files was run, it would find them know what to do with them?

Or is it more complicated than that?
    What a terrific update with the addition of exhibition mode! The icons do not glow for me though. I tried on both my pre 2 and touchpad.

An update on my quest for media syncing incase anybody else is in my same boat. I tried the suggestion of doubletwist but found it slow, worse than itunes on windows which is saying something, and couldn't find the ablility to sync to a drive anyways just a lot of android evangelism. I did later find an add-on for songbird that I am using now called foldersync. Though it needs a little set up and does not have most intuitive UI, it does seems to get it done for now,allowing me to wirelessly sync specific playlists.
    Good to hear that its relatively easy to do. Having it conveniently displayed in the same app should help in the elimination process when issues arise.

You shouldn't ever have to access a router's client list while using my app though...
    True; I forgot that the WiFi preferences app can provide the needed info.

...the Device Name I refer to is the one at the top of the preferences menu.
    I've seen cases (XP, '03, 7) where the device name does not resolve but the IP does. It may be a combination of stopped services and a lack of proper bindings on the network interfaces, but its a pain when it does and can be elusive. Mapping by IP (\\10.10.10.x\Public or \\192.178.x.x\Public) should work then.

To those w/ Windows (7, Vista?) connectivity issues, check that the network/router you're on is listed as 'Home' or 'Work' in Network and Sharing Center. 'Public' was made for untrusted networks - library, cyber cafe, restaurants, airports, etc. - and is limited where sharing is concerned. If third-party firewall software is installed (like Comodo, Norton Internet Security, PC Tools, Zone Alarm...) verify that your network is trusted and the PC can be found on the network. Also, in Network Connections, check the wireless or local area connection preferences and verify that 'Client for Microsoft Networks' and 'File and Printer Sharing' are checked. The 'Link Layer Topology' bindings are not necessary in this case but they make searching for network devices easier. A fail safe check is usually disabling firewall and antivirus apps then trying to connect.

If all fail, PING tests will verify that the devices and PCs can 'see' and 'talk' to each other.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    @ShiftyAxel... here's the RC for the wifi signal... can you "approve" it or should i change something, feel free to tell... i'm happy to help...

wifi off rc1.png - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

and thanks ShiftyAxel and everyone else for your votes!

RQ
  10.    #250  
    @bluemark Eep, that's an error I wasn't expecting to see. Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling Easy Samba? With any luck that'll fix the error. What device/webOS version are you running?

@katefields Getting the files on the device is easy peasy, and 1.4.5 is totally capable of running samba. The problem lies in controlling samba. My app uses linux shell scripts (think batch files) to start/stop samba and modify the configuration files, but 1.4.5 doesn't have any native way of executing said scripts.

@koehler732 Curious, what version are you using? 1.5 should fix the glow issue for you, >=1.4 has a bit of a hacky way of checking the samba status.

@p41m3r Nice troubleshooting guide, do you mind if I quote you in the OP? I've been considering putting together a help section for a while now.

@bluerq Looking good, had a quick peek at it on a black background in photoshop and it looked fine
    Hi ShiftyAxel, appreciate the quick reply .. yeah, its an odd one!

And yes, I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling Easy Samba several times using Preware, but no luck.

Device is a HP TouchPad, running v3.0.5

Thanks again
  12.    #252  
    Are you comfortable with using the terminal? I think running the following should fix it:
    su
    ipkg-opt update
    ipkg-opt install cyrus-sasl-libs

It's weird though, that should be installed as part of samba.
    Hi ShiftyAxel, wow, that fixed the problem ... all running nicely.

Again, many thanks for your very quick responses.

Much appreciated
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    Have tried installing and uninstalling a number of times but does not seem to work. The wifi screen glows but I have not been able to locate the touchpad in my computers running XP and Win7.

When I run

However, when I run ...

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.shiftyaxel.wifisharing.samba/samba/startSamba.sh

I get

Stopping smbd
    Stopping nmbd
    Opening ports 137, 138 on UDP, 139, 445 on TCP
    Starting nmbd
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.shiftyaxel.wifisharing.samba/samba/startSamba.sh: line 16: /opt/sbin/nmbd: not found
    Starting smbd
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.shiftyaxel.wifisharing.samba/samba/startSamba.sh: line 18: /opt/sbin/smbd: not found

Anything I might have missed?
    Thank you ShiftyAxel. I just kept re-trying the install and it finally worked. I must have caught the Optware Servers napping

I had to do one last thing to make it work and I am posting here in case somebody else falls for the same gotcha ....

I am using the standard Vista Firewall and by default, it blocks File and Printer sharing. All I had to do was tick the box to allow File and Printer sharing and it all lit up!

I have still to use it in anger but WOW! What an App!

Edit: I should add that in order to get the TouchPad to appear on the Network I had to open a Terminal session. thendo the:
    su
    ipkg-opt update

Then uninstall and reinstall the Wifi File Sharing app.
    Not sure, but I think that I also re=booted the TouchPad

Hope this helps others who are having the same problem.
    Last edited by Wheel_nut; 03/14/2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Added details
    Quote Originally Posted by rioachim View Post
    I tried adding all the following lines (to /opt/etc/samba/smb.conf):

socket options = SO_RCVBUF=65536 SO_SNDBUF=65536 TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
    strict allocate = No
    strict sync = No
    read raw = No
    write raw = Yes
    max xmit = 65536
    use sendfile = Yes
    dead time = 15
    getwd cache = Yes
    otlocks = No
    refresh = 1
    aio read size = 16384
    aio write size = 16384
    write cache size = 65535
    [...]
    workaround to avoid timeout (but not to sppeed up file transfer): see attachment
    Hi

I tried all the above option in smb.conf, but it simply prevented samba to start (the server starts because port 139 and 445 are open, but no response....). Removing the parameters maked samba working again.

To have working copies of large file from Windows, you can also use SuperCopier which allows error recoveries during copies....

Charly
    Palm TC, T3, T5, TX, Treo680, Centro and HP Pre3
    Having got WiFi File Sharing working. I am having difficulty in maintaining the visibility of the TouchPad Public and Internal Folders.

If I leave WFS running in foreground and set the TouchPad and my PC aside for (say) 10 minutes, the TouchPad disappears from the Network Folder and the only way I have founf to restore it is to close Windows Explorer; Reboot the TouchPad and re-start WFS.

Is this behaving as designed or is there something in my setup whichis sending it to sleep?
    This worked first time for my TP. However I cannot get it to work on my Pre3.

I did try the above suggested:
    su
    ipkg-opt update

Then uninstall and reinstall the Wifi File Sharing app

But no luck.....how can I troubleshoot further what is going on?
    By the way the update and install seem to download files and install, so I guess the samba package missed some bits out?

Thanks for any help you can give
    Vas
    I also tried manually running

and I got

Stopping smbd:
    Stopping nmbd:
    Opening ports 137, 138 on UDP, 139, 445 on TCP:
    Starting nmbd:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.shiftyaxel.wifisharing.samba/samba/startSamba.sh: line 16: /opt/sbin/nmbd: not found
    Starting smbd:
    root@VasilisPapageorgiouHPPre3:/#
    root@VasilisPapageorgiouHPPre3:/# /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.shiftyaxel.wifisharing.samba/samba/startSamba.sh: line 18: /opt/sbin/smbd: not found

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Vas
    ...do you mind if I quote you in the OP? I've been considering putting together a help section for a while now.
    Not at all; feel free to quote. Hopefully some will find it useful.