Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 397
Like Tree44Likes
  1. #181  
    Well I had installed this yesterday from preware and it was working until I rebooted my TP. No longer able to connect.I did notice I made the mistake of not installing Easy Samba first in preware. Instead I just installed Wifi File sharing and allowed it to install the dependencies as well.

    I went back into preware just a bit ago in attempt to redo the install and noticed there was a package update for Wifi File sharing. So I decided to try installing the update first which didn't seem to help.

    I then went to check and see if Easy Samba was actually installed and running. Found the startSamba.sh command to start it earlier in the thread. When I run it I get the following:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.shiftyaxel.wifisharing.samba/samba/startSamba.sh
    Stopping smbd:
    smbd: no process killed
    Stopping nmbd:
    nmbd: no process killed
    Opening ports 137, 138 on UDP, 139, 445 on TCP:
    Starting nmbd:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.shiftyaxel.wifisharing.samba/samba/startSamba.sh: line 16: /opt/sbin/nmbd: not found
    Starting smbd:
    root@ColinsHPTouchPad:/# /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.shiftyaxel.wifisharing.samba/samba/startSamba.sh: line 18: /opt/sbin/smbd: not found


    After that I decided to try and remove Wifi File sharing first and Easy Samba second in preware in attempt to start the install process over. However Preware wont remove Easy Samba.
    The IPKG Error log shows the following:
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.shiftyaxel.easysamba.prem 2>&1
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.shiftyaxel.easysamba.prerm: line 1: /opt/bin/ipkg-opt: not found
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.shiftyaxel.easysamba.prerm: line 2: /opt/bin/ipkg-opt: not found

    So I'm sort of stuck now. I'm not sure how to get rid of it. Its weird too because Optware Advanced Linux Command Line Installer, Optware Bootstrap, and Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$ $are$ $installed$ $as$ $well$. $I$ $did$ $notice$ $that$ $if$ $I$ $try$ $to$ $run$ $ipkg$-$opt$ $from$ $within$ $novaterm$ $its$ $not$ $found$ $so$ $maybe$ $that$'$s$ $my$ $problem$? $The$ $only$ $problem$ $is$ $preware$ $says$ $its$ $installed$ $and$ $wont$ $allow$ $to$ $reinstall$ $it$ $without$ $first$ $removing$ $Easy$ $Samba$ $which$ $I$ $cant$ $due$ $to$ $errors$. $Got$ $any$ $ideas$? $thanks$.

    *edit hrm ipkg-opt doesn't seem to be anywhere on the system doing a find from the / dir.
    Last edited by crucialcolin; 03/05/2012 at 09:18 PM.
  2.    #182  
    @cldavis3 Hmm, that's strange. Device and webOS version?

    @crucialcolin Uh-oh, that's not so good. You can try running the following from your pc commandline with the device plugged in, they manually uninstall the apps without checking dependencies:
    palm-install -r com.shiftyaxel.easysamba
    palm-install -r com.shiftyaxel.wifisharing

    From there you can uninstall/reinstall optware bootstrap and advanced command line installer and see if that works. What device and webOS version are you using?
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  3. #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    @cldavis3 Hmm, that's strange. Device and webOS version?

    @crucialcolin Uh-oh, that's not so good. You can try running the following from your pc commandline with the device plugged in, they manually uninstall the apps without checking dependencies:
    palm-install -r com.shiftyaxel.easysamba
    palm-install -r com.shiftyaxel.wifisharing

    From there you can uninstall/reinstall optware bootstrap and advanced command line installer and see if that works. What device and webOS version are you using?
    I'm on an HP touch pad using 3.0.5. The palm-install method didnt seem to work returns command failed with returnValue: false. Also they don't show up in the app list(palm-install -l). Looks like some further investigating is needed. Thinking if i can just fake preware into not seeing the apps it will allow me to reinstall them all one by one.
  4. #184  
    Just to update I managed to solve it Got the idea to go into preware and manually reinstall mobi.optware.ipkg-opt_0.99.163-16_armv7.ipk from the Preware Optware feed url otherwise known as Optware Advanced Linux Command Line Installer. My guess is something got messed up on the original install for some reason. Now hopefully it will continue to work after another TouchPad reboot
    ShiftyAxel likes this.
  5. #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    @cldavis3 Hmm, that's strange. Device and webOS version?

    @crucialcolin Uh-oh, that's not so good. You can try running the following from your pc commandline with the device plugged in, they manually uninstall the apps without checking dependencies:
    palm-install -r com.shiftyaxel.easysamba
    palm-install -r com.shiftyaxel.wifisharing

    From there you can uninstall/reinstall optware bootstrap and advanced command line installer and see if that works. What device and webOS version are you using?
    TP running 3.0.5
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by cldavis3 View Post
    TP running 3.0.5
    Okey dokey, can you try running the following from your device's command-line and post the output?
    su
    ipkg-opt update
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  7. #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Okey dokey, can you try running the following from your device's command-line and post the output?
    su
    ipkg-opt update
    Assuming that I use wTerm to do this (I am new to this), the output is:

    Failed to create temp directory "(Null)": Permission Denied
  8. #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by cldavis3 View Post
    Assuming that I use wTerm to do this (I am new to this), the output is:

    Failed to create temp directory "(Null)": Permission Denied
    you did setup a password for admin rights in wterm yeah and did the "su" bit beforehand?
  9.    #189  
    Yeah, you need to be root to run ipkg-opt. If you were root when it gave you that error, however, it looks like there's something going on with permissions. Possibly an optware thing that could be solved with a reinstall, possibly a matter of a restart?
  10. #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Yeah, you need to be root to run ipkg-opt. If you were root when it gave you that error, however, it looks like there's something going on with permissions. Possibly an optware thing that could be solved with a reinstall, possibly a matter of a restart?
    With that small but valuable bit of additional information for the novice - Several packages are downloaded and installed with the final message "successfully terminated"

    I am not in a position to test this out until tonight so I will see then. I still have only the one file smb.conf in the /opt/etc/samba folder. Is that the way it is supposed to be?
  11.    #191  
    I believe it creates the other files on first run, so you should be all good.
  12. #192  
    i havent tested myself but im assuming this setup works just as well within a VPN setup so ppl at work can literally have full file access to/from their Computers/NAS or webOS devices regardless of where they are.
  13. #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    I believe it creates the other files on first run, so you should be all good.
    Got home and still no joy. Cannot see shares on Win7 or my Android device
  14. #194  
    Wouldn't it be appropriate for the version number to be listed in the 'About' pop-up? Thanks.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Stanley Krute likes this.
  15. #195  
    i havent tested myself but im assuming this setup works just as well within a VPN setup so ppl at work can literally have full file access to/from their Computers/NAS or webOS devices regardless of where they are.

    My work VPN disables all local network resources - drives, printers, everything. I can't even see the devices when I'm connected to the VPN.

    Unrelated - my Pre2 and Touchpad work very well with Windows 7. XP is kind of slow accessing them.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 03/06/2012 at 04:52 PM.
  16.    #196  
    @cldavis7 hold on, did you only run ipkg-opt update? If so, then the packages you saw weren't being installed, merely lists being updated. Try 'ipkg-opt install samba' and that should work.

    @Sanjay I'll add it in for the next version.
    Stanley Krute and Sanjay like this.
  17. #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    @cldavis7 hold on, did you only run ipkg-opt update? If so, then the packages you saw weren't being installed, merely lists being updated. Try 'ipkg-opt install samba' and that should work.

    @Sanjay I'll add it in for the next version.
    Thanks for the help so far. I did the install with the attached output. I do not know what these mean for me to do. FYI app is still not working
    Attached Images Attached Images
  18.    #198  
    Hmm, well at least we've got samba working. What happens when you run 'testparm'? Also try executing startSamba.sh in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.shiftyaxel.wifisharing.samba and posting the output, that way I can ensure that samba's starting.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  19. #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Hmm, well at least we've got samba working. What happens when you run 'testparm'? Also try executing startSamba.sh in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.shiftyaxel.wifisharing.samba and posting the output, that way I can ensure that samba's starting.
    Not sure how to “run” or execute anything. I need very basic instructions for for the novice.:-) Thanks.
  20. TimBoch's Avatar
    Posts
    312 Posts
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    #200  
    I can only get this to work about 1 out of 10 times and even when it shows up in my Network, it loses connection very quickly. I'll keep monitoring this thread to see if it becomes more stable. On a side note, be careful about deleting files. I uninstalled the Wifi file sharing program and Samba, which seemed to go ok, but when I deleted the 2 Optiware programs, I made a mess of my TP and have had issues getting patches to reinstall.
    Tim Boche

    Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions