Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    lack of ability to install FileMgr Svc and SysToolsMgr Svc which are dependencies for InternalzPro and TouchVol respectively and other apps since my recent 3.0.5 doctoring is an unhappy consequence ...is there a solution forthcoming, or should I doctor to 3.0.x earlier, put them on, and then update OTA ?
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 02/17/2012 at 02:05 PM. Reason: title clarification
  2. #2  
    The problem is caused by the URL for the FileMgr ipkg being hard coded into the installation Script for Internalz Pro (and TouchVol). The referenve to Preware needs to be changed to webOSNation.

    The solution is to go directly to the FileMgr url and install it from there. REMEMBER TO LOG IN FIRST.
    http://www.webosnation.com/filemgr-service
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
    The problem is caused by the URL for the FileMgr ipkg being hard coded into the installation Script for Internalz Pro (and TouchVol). The referenve to Preware needs to be changed to webOSNation.

    The solution is to go directly to the FileMgr url and install it from there. REMEMBER TO LOG IN FIRST.
    http://www.webosnation.com/filemgr-service
    same url change "file" to "systools" and solve that problem too ...thanks !!
  4. #4  
    It seems Jason has gone AWOL. When he had not responded to any of the numerous posts in the respective threads, I had tweeted him directly about the issues with installing 'FileMgr' and 'SysToolsMgr' via Preware. But there has still been no response yet. He is generally very quick to update his work and it's not like him to let this issue have lingered for so long. I hope all is fine with him and it's just that he is busy with school and/or life. In the meantime, as pointed out above, all one has to do is download/install the two files directly from the servers and then install 'Inetrnalz Pro', 'TouchVol' etc. and other patches/apps that are dependent on these two services.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    It seems Jason has gone AWOL. When he had not responded to any of the numerous posts in the respective threads, I had tweeted him directly about the issues with installing 'FileMgr' and 'SysToolsMgr' via Preware. But there has still been no response yet. He is generally very quick to update his work and it's not like him to let this issue have lingered for so long. I hope all is fine with him and it's just that he is busy with school and/or life. In the meantime, as pointed out above, all one has to do is download/install the two files directly from the servers and then install 'Inetrnalz Pro', 'TouchVol' etc. and other patches/apps that are dependent on these two services.
    to do more in life than answer pitiful questions from ignorant posters like me...
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    to do more in life than answer pitiful questions from ignorant posters like me...
  7. #7  
    can't install any of these files. Gives me the dreaded can't open mime type files. And yes I am logged in. And I can't browse to the files cause I don't have internalz installed, arghh. GoAruna doesn't give me the option to open. Am I missing something?
  8. #8  
    Pretty sure it's right around mid-terms time for full time student like Jason, anyways, lets please keep it on topic.

    Below is an excerpt from a post I made in another thread explaining how to do the install.

    The bold part is specific to these patches, I kept the other part in there for those that don't know how to do either.

    You have two options, neither require a computer or internalz or a patch.


    If the link is to an .ipk you can throw the URL straight into preware using Install Package. (I used this method last week to load keyboard patches that were hosted on a file server that would not let me download the ipk properly, copy ipk link from file server and let preware do its thing.)

    Since this doesn't link straight to the ipk, once you have used the browser to download, you will still open preware and go to Install Package, but instead of pasting a URL, you will tap browse. Then browse to the downloads directory, tap the file (will be ca.canuckcoding.************.ipk) click okay at the bottom. You will now see the file path in Preware, you can the tap install.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmytvc15 View Post
    can't install any of these files. Gives me the dreaded can't open mime type files. And yes I am logged in. And I can't browse to the files cause I don't have internalz installed, arghh. GoAruna doesn't give me the option to open. Am I missing something?
    go here: http://www.webosnation.com/filemgr-service
    & go here: http://www.webosnation.com/systoolsmgr-service

    get them ...you must designate an installer if this is on the fone or tablet ...go to preware app and designate it as the "handler" for ipk files...

    do it...

    you must be logged in webosnation to get'em (free)...

    all bettah !!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    "If you modestly enjoy your fame you are not unworthy to rank with the holy."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  11. #11  
    I have been searching webOS Forum totally for two days and cannot find a fix. This is my second HP Touchpad. I had NO problem using WebOS Quick Start for Preware,; Then, as with the first TP, i used Preware to install Luna, Internalz Pro, File Mgr, UberKernal, UberCalendar, TouchVol. With the second TP I have tried installing these and others directly with WOQS but keeping receiving the same error message: Error Installing: See IPKG Log; or File dependency error. I have booted and rebooted. I have tried installing FileMgr Svc and SysToolsMgr Svc which are dependencies for InternalzPro and TouchVol.. To no Avail. I have no problem with my original TP, now only with this one.
    Any help is very appreciated. Thanks. Signed a Non-Techie
  12. #12  
    I downloaded those two dependencies from the links on webosnation directly to my laptop. Then I manually installed using WOSQI. Afterwards I was able to install Internalz Pro thru Preware.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ctpicker View Post
    I have been searching webOS Forum totally for two days and cannot find a fix. This is my second HP Touchpad. I had NO problem using WebOS Quick Start for Preware,; Then, as with the first TP, i used Preware to install Luna, Internalz Pro, File Mgr, UberKernal, UberCalendar, TouchVol. With the second TP I have tried installing these and others directly with WOQS but keeping receiving the same error message: Error Installing: See IPKG Log; or File dependency error. I have booted and rebooted. I have tried installing FileMgr Svc and SysToolsMgr Svc which are dependencies for InternalzPro and TouchVol.. To no Avail. I have no problem with my original TP, now only with this one.
    Any help is very appreciated. Thanks. Signed a Non-Techie
    <threads merged>

    Here you go.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  14. #14  
    Don't forget to luna restart after installation, if you are manually installing. I forgot to luna restart at first last week, since a manually downloaded and installed ipk with preware doesn't always (maybe not ever) prompt for luna restart, etc.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Don't forget to luna restart after installation, if you are manually installing. I forgot to luna restart at first last week, since a manually downloaded and installed ipk with preware doesn't always (maybe not ever) prompt for luna restart, etc.
    Interesting ...I noticed some ipk installs do a luna restart as a matter of course, others do not. Is this something the webOS "sees" or is it a command the programmer "forgets" to add at the end of the install instructions inside the ipk ??
  16. #16  
    well in Preware in the "Install Package" function, it states:

    Note: If this package needs a luna restart or device restart after installation, you will need to manually perform it when the installation is complete.

    I know the keyboard patches do the restart, but that is part of the installation process by default.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    well in Preware in the "Install Package" function, it states:




    I know the keyboard patches do the restart, but that is part of the installation process by default.
    you do know old school VWs means bugs ...hackers hate bugs... lol
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    Interesting ...I noticed some ipk installs do a luna restart as a matter of course, others do not. Is this something the webOS "sees" or is it a command the programmer "forgets" to add at the end of the install instructions inside the ipk ??
    This is something manually specified in the installation package control file. Most applications should be able to operate without a luna/java/system restart. The default submission form for the precentral feed requires either a fully built config or one only basic information and a server side script generates the remainder. The submission form itself has no input for creating the extended 'restart x' on install/update/remove attributes. So any package needing these attributes requires a 'static' config. FileMgr requests a Java restart on install, and TouchVol requests a Luna restart on upgrade and removal.
  19. Xebec01's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #19  
    BlueNote has the simplest solution to this, in case it was missed:

    1) Download the ipk files, as seen in Patapoof's post:

    - File Manager Service: http://www.webosnation.com/filemgr-service
    - SysTools Manager: http://www.webosnation.com/systoolsmgr-service

    2) Use WebOS Quick Install to install the IPKs to your Touchpad (probably the same way you installed Preware the first time!):

    - Plug in your touchpad (just charge, dev mode enabled)
    - Click the green plus sign on the main screen
    - Browse to the IPK
    - Click the install button on the main screen

    Once you've installed these two ipk's manually, you can return to Preware and continue as normal.

    I did this last night, no issues. Pretty easy!

    -X
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    <threads merged>

    Here you go.
    Well, I've tried everything. Read most of the threads and been following instructions, i.e., loading the files in particular order along with the dependancies. But I am still unable to load or unload UberCalendar on my 2nd TP. I've used Preware and QI but neither work. I keep getting the following IPKG Log:

    <<1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.postinst 2>&1
    6 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs.$rej$
    *** FAILED ***>>

    Any help very much appreciated.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions