Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebec01 View Post
    BlueNote has the simplest solution to this, in case it was missed:

    1) Download the ipk files, as seen in Patapoof's post:

    - File Manager Service: http://www.webosnation.com/filemgr-service
    - SysTools Manager: http://www.webosnation.com/systoolsmgr-service

    2) Use WebOS Quick Install to install the IPKs to your Touchpad (probably the same way you installed Preware the first time!):

    - Plug in your touchpad (just charge, dev mode enabled)
    - Click the green plus sign on the main screen
    - Browse to the IPK
    - Click the install button on the main screen

    Once you've installed these two ipk's manually, you can return to Preware and continue as normal.

    I did this last night, no issues. Pretty easy!

    -X
    restart the device after the 2 services are installed ...then proceed ...I don't know why so don't ask me !!
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    restart the device after the 2 services are installed ...then proceed ...I don't know why so don't ask me !!
    Tried that several times. Still will not install.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by ctpicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    restart the device after the 2 services are installed ...then proceed ...I don't know why so don't ask me !!
    Tried that several times. Still will not install.
    Your problem with installing 'UberCalendar' is not related to these 2 services. The solution to your problem, is to either 'doctor' your TouchPad and start fresh. Or to replace the modified files on your TouchPad, with the original files extracted from the doctor.

    From the IPKG log posted by you, the following two files seem to be the one's creating the problem.:
    usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs

    Solution:
    1. Uninstall all patches. (At least all the calendar related patches).
    2. Replace the above mentioned 'modified' files with the original files from the doctor.
    3. Reinstall all the patches.

    Alternately you could try:
    1. Uninstall all patches. (At least all the calendar related patches).
    2. Delete ' usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs '
    3. Rename by deleting 'webosinternals.orig' from the following file and use it instead -> ' usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ '
    4. Delete ' usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs '
    5. Rename by deleting 'webosinternals.orig' from the following file and use it instead -> ' usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ '
    6. Reinstall all the patches.

    Hope this helps. I have been able to resolve similar problems with other patches, by doing exactly this. But I cannot guarantee it will work for you, or that it may not cause other problems. So please be warned and be prepared to doctor.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  4. #24  
    Thank you so much. I'll give it a try and let you know how it works out.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Your problem with installing 'UberCalendar' is not related to these 2 services. The solution to your problem, is to either 'doctor' your TouchPad and start fresh. Or to replace the modified files on your TouchPad, with the original files extracted from the doctor.

    From the IPKG log posted by you, the following two files seem to be the one's creating the problem.:
    usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs

    Solution:
    1. Uninstall all patches. (At least all the calendar related patches).
    2. Replace the above mentioned 'modified' files with the original files from the doctor.
    3. Reinstall all the patches.

    Alternately you could try:
    1. Uninstall all patches. (At least all the calendar related patches).
    2. Delete ' usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs '
    3. Rename by deleting 'webosinternals.orig' from the following file and use it instead -> ' usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ '
    4. Delete ' usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs '
    5. Rename by deleting 'webosinternals.orig' from the following file and use it instead -> ' usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ '
    6. Reinstall all the patches.

    Hope this helps. I have been able to resolve similar problems with other patches, by doing exactly this. But I cannot guarantee it will work for you, or that it may not cause other problems. So please be warned and be prepared to doctor.
    Oh, first, the problem is that although UberCalendar indicates it fails to install. It shows in Preware as installed and it won't allow me to Remove it. Any ideas?
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by ctpicker View Post
    Oh, first, the problem is that although UberCalendar indicates it fails to install. It shows in Preware as installed and it won't allow me to Remove it. Any ideas?
    1. Uninstall all patches, except for 'UberCalendar'.
    2. Replace ' usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs ' with original file from doctor.
    3. Replace ' usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs ' with original file from doctor.
    SKIP -> 4. Delete ' usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ '
    SKIP -> 5. Delete ' usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ '
    6. Delete '.webosinternals.patches.packages' from '/media/internal/'
    7. Delete 'webos-patches.log' from '/media/internal'
    8. Reinstall all the patches.
    Last edited by sledge007; 02/26/2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Attached original files deleted, as they are not to be redistributed
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ctpicker View Post
    Oh, first, the problem is that although UberCalendar indicates it fails to install. It shows in Preware as installed and it won't allow me to Remove it. Any ideas?
    Tried you suggestions. Doesn't seem to help. Am I missing something in your instructions for steps 3 & 5?
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    1. Uninstall all patches, except for 'UberCalendar'.
    2. Replace ' usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs ' with original file from doctor.
    3. Replace ' usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs ' with original file from doctor.
    4. Delete ' usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ '
    5. Delete ' usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ '
    6. Delete '.webosinternals.patches.packages' from '/media/internal/'
    7. Delete 'webos-patches.log' from '/media/internal'
    8. Reinstall all the patches.

    PS: I have attached the TWO ORIGINAL files from the doctor.
    Sorry, don't see the two attachments.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by ctpicker View Post
    Tried you suggestions. Doesn't seem to help. Am I missing something in your instructions for steps 3 & 5?
    Which set of instructions are you referring to? Have you tried the instructions in my POST #26

    Quote Originally Posted by ctpicker View Post
    Sorry, don't see the two attachments.
    It could be that you may need a certain number (maybe TEN) of posts before you can see the attachments.

    PS: PM me your email ID and I will email you the files.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by ctpicker View Post
    Sorry, don't see the two attachments.
    I'll try your latest suggestion.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ctpicker View Post
    I'll try your latest suggestion.
    Yes I tried your suggestions in Post 26. I'm going to try a Device Info / Restart Options / Full Erase and then see if the files you reference to delet are there.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Which set of instructions are you referring to? Have you tried the instructions in my POST #26


    It could be that you may need a certain number (maybe TEN) of posts before you can see the attachments.

    PS: PM me your email ID and I will email you the files.
    Please send them to <email link removed by staff> me via PM.
    Last edited by sledge007; 02/25/2012 at 09:56 PM.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by ctpicker View Post
    Please send them to <email link removed by staff> me via PM.
    Did A Doctor Reset. Everything working now.

    Thanks very much for your help.

    Regards
  14. pacman84's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    #34  
    Alright, so I cannot install Internalz and the required patches/packages right now through preware on my touchpad. I guess this is related to the other problems in this thread. I am sure Jason is busy with his studies right now. Still it would be soooo neat if he fixed this as it seems to be a minor thing...
    -pac
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman84 View Post
    Alright, so I cannot install Internalz and the required patches/packages right now through preware on my touchpad. I guess this is related to the other problems in this thread. I am sure Jason is busy with his studies right now. Still it would be soooo neat if he fixed this as it seems to be a minor thing...
    -pac
    Read post #19, it's pretty easy, just download the two files, and install them with Preware.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  16. pacman84's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    #36  
    Thank you for pointing me there! Still I wish there would be a more convenient way. But then, it's still do-able, so it's not so bad.

    -pac
  17. P_Yiddy's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    #37  
    Thanks for the links to the working files
  18. #38  
    As I already mentioned in another thread, this problem has been fixed. I just got word from @JayCanuck on Twitter.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  19. #39  
    Jason Robitaille ‏ @CanuckCoding
    Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$, $FileMgr$, $and$ $SysToolsMgr$ $downloads$ $have$ $been$ $fixed$ $and$ $will$ $be$ $working$ $on$ $the$ $feed$ $in$ $the$ $next$ $few$ $hours$
    Updates to all three services are available in Preware now.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  20. #40  
    Thank you jason!

    Sent from my White Touchpad with Communities
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions