1.    #1  
    Question - I'm trying to update File Manager and TouchVol on my Touchpad, but keep getting an IPKG error. The error says:

"Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -i --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error http://cdn.precentral"

curl: (22) The requested URL returned error 404

I appreciate any help on this. Thanks in Advance.
    looks like you are not getting access to the file for some reason. Have you tried at different times? Have you updated your feeds prior to trying.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    My buddy was getting the same error as Wgaich trying to install TouchVol. I think it was hanging trying to update the Filemgr.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by stephentr View Post
    My buddy was getting the same error as Wgaich trying to install TouchVol. I think it was hanging trying to update the Filemgr.
    Thanks for the quick responses.

Same here - it appears that the problem is with File Manager. I went as far as to uninstall and reinstall Preware, but same result.

Still need help here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wgaich View Post
    Question - I'm trying to update File Manager and TouchVol on my Touchpad, but keep getting an IPKG error. The error says:

"Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -i --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error http://cdn.precentral"

The reason is http://cdn.precentral

Error codes 403, and 404 usually mean the servers are down, which indeed they are. Until everything gets updated to webOSNation, instead of Precentral, they will continue to be down. They hope to have everything fixed in the next few days, so just be patient, and try it out every once in awhile, or check back here, as I'm sure there will be a thread or ten as soon as they are back up
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  6.    #6  
    Hey Sledge, thanks for your input.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wgaich View Post

I have the same problem, I have removed every thing and ran EPR and everything else and no avail. Hopefully its just the server problem and nothing else. Funny all other stuff installs just fine
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    If Preware can't download find the FileMgr service from the feed you could probably just download it from here:
    http://www.webosnation.com/filemgr-service
    and then install it from the .ipk with either Preware or webOS Quick Install.
    Is there any outlook for a fix to this problem?
    I had the same problem. I downloaded it from webos-nation and it worked! Thank you for the link, kmartind!!!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmartind View Post
    If Preware can't download find the FileMgr service from the feed you could probably just download it from here:
    http://www.webosnation.com/filemgr-service
    and then install it from the .ipk with either Preware or webOS Quick Install.
    I've followed this way then it worked. Thank you very much
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
    Is there any outlook for a fix to this problem?
    The download script needs to be fixed, I believe since these items are closed source that Jason would have to do that. If he's on a similar schedule to the students I work with, it's midterms time right now.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I can't seem to download the filemgr-service file ... even though I'm logged in it apparently doesn't realize it and there is only an option to log in. When I do, it doesn't recognize my log in!
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
    I can't seem to download the filemgr-service file ... even though I'm logged in it apparently doesn't realize it and there is only an option to log in. When I do, it doesn't recognize my log in!
    That sounds like a cookie/log-in related issue.
    I was able to login and d/l both File Mgr service and the SysTools service as well straight from webosnation and install with preware. Note: if it requires a luna / full restart, preware will not prompt you this way.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Note: if it requires a luna / full restart, preware will not prompt you this way.
    Thanks for pointing that out I keep forgetting what threads I have and haven't posted that in.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I got this issue sorted out using the download link above.
    Thanks!
    I also had trouble updating some patches so followed the steps above. However I seem to have lost Preware I installed it via WebOSQI and it seemed to go ok but it doesn't show up on my Pre2 anywhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Have you tried using "Just Type" to locate Preware? Unless you did a doctor or USB wipe, the only other possibility I can think of is accidental deletion.