Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    All my patches disappeared, and also the option to install them again in not in preware anymore.

After the upgrade to 3.0.5, I was able to reinstall all my patches. However, one day I noticed all my patches were gone. I was still able to view the patches in preware at this point. But I kept getting a install error.

The next thing which led me here is reinstalling preware, and now I don't even have the option to install patches.

Anyone have any ideas what might be the issue? The patches feed is turned on in preware.

Edit:
    Ok, I was getting some 404 error for one of the testing feeds. So I disabled them and was able to see the patches after the refresh. Afterwards, I was able to install the patches, but after the required restarts none of the patches were installed.
    Last edited by nolimitz; 02/08/2012 at 06:53 PM.
    Same thing happened to me. I had to Dr. And reinstall preware and patches.
    Thanks,
    Hookie
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    So I'll have to use the webos doctor, then reinstall everything? I'm assuming all my apps, etc will be lost? Also, what about apps I paid for, I should still be able to reinstall those correct?
    Depends, have you done a backup?
    Thanks,
    Hookie
    Quote Originally Posted by nolimitz View Post
    So I'll have to use the webos doctor, then reinstall everything? I'm assuming all my apps, etc will be lost? Also, what about apps I paid for, I should still be able to reinstall those correct?
    Before going there, get the EPR in preware and run that. Then uninstall Preware and reboot the device, NOT a luna restart. Then reinstall preware and see what happens.

If that fails still then yes its doctor time. The doctor does a partial erase so apps and data get wipped but they come back when you sign back into your hp webOS account. Regardless of when you did a backup, all apps your have currently installed will come back, just maybe not the data you made in those 3rd party apps. Before running the doctor, go into the backup application on the touchpad and tap the button backup now to save the current state, it should not save the current fail with preware your having.

If you want the data of those 3rd party apps saved, then get Save/Restore app in preware and run that prior to the doctor then use that app to restore the data. Just do not restore the preware data to be safe.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I am getting a 403 error unable to run command - looks like an issue getting to the apptuckerbox.com webapage.. anyone else getting this?