Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  

I know the video date is from October last year, but it does show off a working 3.0 with mouse et all. That gives the impression that someone has it working already for some time.
    Athlon 2 x4 @ 2.9
    Finally beefy hardware, and speed to match!

Eat your hearts out, hat3rs.
    Vistaus and xandros9 like this.
    This looks like it was hacked by chomper , this was the guy who did that basic android in cards hack.
    Busy man
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i think putting webOS on every hp computer, laptop, printer etc. was HP's original intent when they bought palm.

then leo arrived... rest is history
  5.    #5  
    Indeed ccx. But at least the video shows that there is some working port, so that means it is possible without the source code.

@p41m3r Yeah indeed

@matt: Yes, chomper. Is he on webOSNation too?
    HP, PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN.
    I would love an webOS program on my computer. It just makes sense. It opens up the door for more app idea's.

and don't just make it for HP computers. Make it for every PC and Mac.
    Vistaus likes this.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    there was a post I read a few months ago on this forum I think. There was a laptop on hp's website that had some kind of download file for webos. But I don't remember much, I was just skimming through posts one day
    It's simply the emulator image, probably with a custom kernel that supports mouse input. The emulator image is compiled for x86 (unlike the Windows Phone emulator image, for example), so it's not so complicated to get it working on a PC.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    I imagine one the opens sourcing of the code is done. A standard x86 PC port will be one of the first things to turn up.
    i bought my Touchsmart PC because of this. Please HP make it happen!
    Well, it happens that webOS advantage is that it's not a real operating system for the most part, so it's easily plugged into any system that has a competent web browser. So what you are asking for is actually easy. And I bet HP wants someone else to do it, that's why they are freeing webOS.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    i think putting webOS on every hp computer, laptop, printer etc. was HP's original intent when they bought palm.

then leo arrived... rest is history
    Yeah that was their intent from the beginning. Sadly it never happend.

HP snubs Windows, plans to integrate webOS into PCs
    Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Well, it happens that webOS advantage is that it's not a real operating system for the most part, so it's easily plugged into any system that has a competent web browser. So what you are asking for is actually easy. And I bet HP wants someone else to do it, that's why they are freeing webOS.
    If it would run as a full webOS and not as some layer on Win than I would install it as soon as the first testing port is ready.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    It's simply the emulator image, probably with a custom kernel that supports mouse input. The emulator image is compiled for x86 (unlike the Windows Phone emulator image, for example), so it's not so complicated to get it working on a PC.
    Alright, then tell us how to to it without the source code.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    webOS is very much a "real operating system". This is why the open source roadmap is so important, the last thing that will be open sourced is the GUI, this is important because it keeps people from using the GUI as a layer over Win/Linux/Mac/Android/etc. I guess it doesn't keep people from doing it, but the rest of the OS will have been OS'd months before the GUI, so the hope is the actual "real operating system" is already running on PCs/Phones/Tablets prior to the GUI being released.

Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    If it would run as a full webOS and not as some layer on Win than I would install it as soon as the first testing port is ready.
    I would guarantee you will see this. Seeing as most of the hardcore webOS folks are not primarily windows users. Personally I am looking forward to running webOS as an OS on a PC.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Vistaus likes this.
    As posted once before I have an HPdm-4010us laptop which dual boots in Win7 and QuickWeb. I bought this 11.6" screen AMD processor machine last November partly because the specs indicated that it had webOS. It was built in China in June of 2011. The QW is linux based and may be some kind of a relative to the webOS on the TP. Coincidentally perhaps it is listed as v3.1. There is no provision for communication with the TP. Older versions of QuickWeb below v3 are different from this latest version. I have put in the win7 side an Android emulator alpha build available free from BlueStacks and run it with a couple of the test apps they give you. It is now going beta. It would seem this would be possible with Touchpad webOS.
    Last edited by jpash549; 02/07/2012 at 03:47 PM.
    My Ubuntu push on my PC may get very jealous when that happens. Till then, there's the emulator
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    They were so close with all this stuff... I keep on feeling like something great was always just around the corner with webOS.

Remember this one?
    HP Stuffing WebOS into All PCs Starting in 2012 | PCWorld
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    It's been done before - there was a video going around a long time ago of a PC booting webOS 1.x, again using the emulator image. Obviously 3.x would be far more useful.

I don't think we'll get anything you can actually use though until all of webOS is open-sourced.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    My Ubuntu push on my PC may get very jealous when that happens. Till then, there's the emulator
    You mean the emulator that doesn`t fully support the keyboard and doesn`t support Accounts nor the App Catalogue (though Accounts is more important IMHO?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast