Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mazzinia
  1.    #1  
    Guy from webOS Forums Russia has posted info that he successfully ported the old strategy game Z to HP TouchPad.

omigosh! I remember that one! Was really hard too, I still remember the units swearing and telling me "you suck!" when I failed (again and again). If I install this I'll have to find a way to clean up their potty mouths!
    Just tried it on a Pre3 ... it works and is fluid. There are just some small quirks that would have to be addressed

- screen not being all used ( 2 vertical black bands on the sides)
    - menu button (and buttons) present on the bottom , not accessible (the mouse stops just above them)

I admit that maybe there's need for a bit of extra zoom... but anyway...
    this version (0.1.0) is for 1024x768 resolution only, so - only touchpad now. But the game is very flexible, so it will be possible to make universal version or special for palm phones. I don't have pre3 so the external help will be needed for testing.

I will create tomorrow separate thread for Zod Commander.
    Last edited by Shadson; 01/29/2012 at 11:22 PM.
    I realized that it was made specifically for the touchpad (as resolution)

Just wanted to give it a try, and have to say that it's not so far from being able to use fully the screen, plus the game runs really fluidly
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadson View Post
    btw, you can install it from preware now - use 'list of everything' -> search icon -> type ZOD
    Ehm... actually I don't see it in preware, unless is on a feed that needs to be added ?
    Cha likes this.
    sorry, mistake, not available yet. But I hope it will be soon.

Update:
    Now can be downloaded from Official HP AppCatalog.
    Last edited by Shadson; 02/28/2012 at 02:34 PM.