Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Having trouble with installing Private Browsing 3.0.5-4 this morning on OS 3.0.5 from Preware. I ran EPR before upgrading to 3.0.5. I have also run AUSMT Recovery - Basic after it failed to install this first time.. Any suggestions ?

The IPKG Log
    Verify
    Nothing Interesting
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:--:--:
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.pathces.browser-private-browsing
    Install
    {"returnValue":true, "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    {"ticket"2, "status":STARTING" }
    {"ticket"2, "status":"CREATE_MP"}
    {"ticket"2, "status":"VERIFYING"}
    {"ticket"2, "status":"IKPG_INSTALL"}
    {"ticket"2, "status":"SUCCESS"}
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IKPG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh / media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.pathces.browser-private-browsing.postinst 2>&1
    9 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.apps.browser/source/BrowserApp.jsjsjs.$rej$
    *** FAILED ***
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.browser-private-browsing from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.browser-private-browsing.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Okay my bad, I had modified my BrowserApp.jsjsjs $to$ $set$ $a$ $home$ $page$, $and$ $apparently$ $even$ $after$ $removing$ $that$ $edit$, $the$ $patch$ $didn$'$t$ $want$ $to$ $install$. $I$ $just$ $replaced$ $the$ $file$ $BrowserApp$.$js$ $with$ $a$ $copy$ $form$ $the$ $Good$ $Doctor$, $and$ $everything$ $was$ $fine$.. $Thanks$.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Using 3.0.5, I tried to install the Private Browsing patch and it failed. I pasted below the IPKG log at the end of this post, none of which means anything to me. Not sure if any of the installed patches are involved. Please help. Thanks.

Installed patches:
    Add Download Link option
    Advanced Reset Options
    Arrows Keyboard Layout
    Custom Browser Gestures
    Faster Card Animations HYPER Version
    Find in Page
    Google Sync Behaviors Patch
    Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness
    Make It So
    Max Blocker
    Mimic Outlook Formatting on Email Reply/Forward
    Muffle System Logging
    No Autolaunch Keyboard in Browser
    No Launcher Button
    Quiet powerd Messages
    Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    Remove Tap Ripple
    Unset CFQ IO Scheduler
    Unthrottle Download Manager

IPKG log:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.

verify
    Nothing Interesting.

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 9972 100 9972 0 0 23554 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 94075

identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-private-browsing
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }

mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.

install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.

postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-private-browsing.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/Browser.jsjsjs.$rej$
    *** FAILED ***

remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.browser-private-browsing from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.browser-private-browsing.prerm)

delete
    Nothing Interesting.

failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Last edited by hangten10; 01/27/2012 at 11:19 PM.
    ^Did you try running EPR?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I don't really know what I'm doing but uninstalling Custom Browser Gestures allowed me to install Private Browsing. Reinstalling Custom was successful. I guess it makes a difference which patch is installed first.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by hangten10 View Post
    I don't really know what I'm doing but uninstalling Custom Browser Gestures allowed me to install Private Browsing. Reinstalling Custom was successful. I guess it makes a difference which patch is installed first.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    yup, this worked for me too.
    based on performance-wise, is it faster when using private browse? Can somebody check it or show me how to test it? I read a thread said so but I'm not sure if it is outdated?

the thread I read is
    How to make your browsing significantly faster
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenStones View Post
    based on performance-wise, is it faster when using private browse? Can somebody check it or show me how to test it? I read a thread said so but I'm not sure if it is outdated?

the thread I read is
    How to make your browsing significantly faster
    i don't think private browsing really make it "faster". the reason i use it is to keep from filling the device with a lot of temp files.

i just wish i could figure out how to have the browser remember to leave on or off based on last browser exit.
    Quote Originally Posted by grep123 View Post
    Okay my bad, I had modified my BrowserApp.jsjsjs $to$ $set$ $a$ $home$ $page$, $and$ $apparently$ $even$ $after$ $removing$ $that$ $edit$, $the$ $patch$ $didn$'$t$ $want$ $to$ $install$. $I$ $just$ $replaced$ $the$ $file$ $BrowserApp$.$js$ $with$ $a$ $copy$ $form$ $the$ $Good$ $Doctor$, $and$ $everything$ $was$ $fine$.. $Thanks$.

Can you (or someone please) walk me through that process?

I have so far unpacked the Doctor package and copied the 'BrowserApp.jsjsjs' $file$ $to$ $a$ $folder$ $on$ $the$ $Touchpad$.
    I also have 'Internalz Pro' installed.

I am also getting 'unreversed patch detected' when I try to uninstall 'Private Browsing' patch in 3.0.5, which I think caused the problem initially.. and the browser when opened on the 'Globe' Icon, is now missing the URL window! When opened by URLs/Icons stored in the 'Favorites' Launcher Tab however, the browser appears to UNbroken and functioning correctly.

?:-/?

Not sure what else to try, but would rather not Doctor!

Thanks!

EDIT: Fixed it. Unpacked 'Doctor' and replaced all browser files & patches. All good.
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 02/06/2012 at 03:07 PM.