Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by breathlessTP View Post
    Not only did a device restart but noticed after I updated Preware feeds that holding the power button down to bring up the menu with Luna restart in it -- it wasn't there. Only choices I had was Airplane Mode, Shut Down and Cancel.

Any other thoughts on what's wrong?
    Well that's not there because when you EPR'd you removed that patch.. you need to reinstall the patch before you see it.

Are you getting any errors when downloading or loading the patch feeds? Check your patch feed and post the exact feed URL here, as well as make sure it is turned on.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Well that's not there because when you EPR'd you removed that patch.. you need to reinstall the patch before you see it.

Are you getting any errors when downloading or loading the patch feeds? Check your patch feed and post the exact feed URL here, as well as make sure it is turned on.
    Ahhh..as to removing patch when I EPR'd. And, I hadn't gotten any errors so far when I updated feeds ... until now. I just went back into Preware and before I could see what it said, I did get it error. First time that happened.

I've opened my Feeds and noticed I don't have webos-patches (3.05) at bottom of the list.
    I also noted there are 2 feeds exactly alike for Touchplayer. I turned one off.

Thanks for help with this - I appreciate it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Yup you are somehow missing the actual patch feed it looks like.

Add that back and you should be good to go, it's the same url as the kernels, just replace kernel w/ patches
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...

Add that back and you should be good to go, it's the same url as the kernels, just replace kernel w/ patches
    Okay - got it. Should IS COMPRESSED be ON or OFF?
    Okay - got it. Should IS COMPRESSED be ON or OFF?

Luna Restart?
    Ahhh..as to removing patch when I EPR'd. And, I hadn't gotten any errors so far when I updated feeds ... until now. I just went back into Preware and before I could see what it said, I did get it error. First time that happened.

I've opened my Feeds and noticed I don't have webos-patches (3.05) at bottom of the list.
    I also noted there are 2 feeds exactly alike for Touchplayer. I turned one off.

Thanks for help with this - I appreciate it.
    Your webos-internals feed configuration is incorrect.

I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling Preware (to fix the default feeds), and to stop changing the default feeds manually.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Sooooo.....replace, not to replace? Reinstall not reinstall?

HELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!
    Sooooo.....replace, not to replace? Reinstall not reinstall?

HELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!
    Check my signature. You should follow the instructions from the developer of the tool.

In general, trying to guide people to fix things manually (when manual intervention has caused the problem in the first place) is not time-efficient. A simple uninstall and reinstall will fix your feeds.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Okay. I've reinstalled Preware and am sitting at the screen (File Type Association) which asks if I'd like to add Preware to the association list for .ipk?

Since this is something I don't remember answering (when first getting a Touchpad), what should it be Yes, or No.? Don't remember if this was covered in the guide for setting up the Touchpad.

Thanks - I'm hanging in here and NOT in a panic ---- yet.
    I have mine set as yes

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Check my signature. You should follow the instructions from the developer of the tool.

In general, trying to guide people to fix things manually (when manual intervention has caused the problem in the first place) is not time-efficient. A simple uninstall and reinstall will fix your feeds.

-- Rod
    Well I uninstalled then reinstalled Preware, etc. and my installed Patch still reflects 1; Saved Package List in Preware shows everything I had installed; Power Button only gives choices for Airplane Mode, Shut Down and Cancel and NOW IS TIME TO PANIC!
    Well I uninstalled then reinstalled Preware, etc. and my installed Patch still reflects 1; Saved Package List in Preware shows everything I had installed; Power Button only gives choices for Airplane Mode, Shut Down and Cancel and NOW IS TIME TO PANIC!
    Install the patch which does the power button options. Why would you expect to see the option when the patch is not installed?

Not sure what the panicing is about. You can always doctor.

-- Rod
    Install the patch which does the power button options. Why would you expect to see the option when the patch is not installed?

Not sure what the panicing is about. You can always doctor.

-- Rod
    Rod, even after following your (expert) advice by uninstalling/reinstalling Preware to get webos-patches/3.0.05 in Feeds, I'm still back at square one with 1 Patch listed under Installed Packages. That's my real concern and thus panic. Don't want to install another patch (pb options) until the above is resolved.

And, even more to panic about is visiting the doctor. Don't know how to and from what I've read in here -- it's scary. Won't the doctor (he or she) cause me to lose all my info such as paid apps, account info etc.?

With that said, guess I gotta make the visit like it or not. Right?
    Rod, even after following your (expert) advice by uninstalling/reinstalling Preware to get webos-patches/3.0.05 in Feeds, I'm still back at square one with 1 Patch listed under Installed Packages. That's my real concern and thus panic. Don't want to install another patch (pb options) until the above is resolved.

And, even more to panic about is visiting the doctor. Don't know how to and from what I've read in here -- it's scary. Won't the doctor (he or she) cause me to lose all my info such as paid apps, account info etc.?

I'm yet to see you post enough information to allow anyone to assist you.

Do you imagine that we can guess which patch it is that is still installed? Why have you not.posted the ipkg log from running EPR? What happens when you uninstall that patch?

Make it easy, not hard, for people to help you.

-- Rod

The one thing I can say from the last few posts, it sounds like you are assuming a patch in saved package list is an installed patch which is not the case. Those are patches you had previously installed, the fact that it only shows 1 patch currently installed explains why you aren't seeing the advanced reset options.

Is preware showing you have patch updates available?

If not, as Rod said, attempt to install the advanced reset options. If you get an error log, post it.
    I'm yet to see you post enough information to allow anyone to assist you.

Do you imagine that we can guess which patch it is that is still installed? Why have you not.posted the ipkg log from running EPR? What happens when you uninstall that patch?

Make it easy, not hard, for people to help you.

-- Rod
    Well being a "noob" at this, I'm doing the best I can and I'm very sorry to upset you and/or anyone trying to help me. I don't know how to post from the ipkg log after having run EPR and I hadn't uninstalled any patches that I know of.

All I was doing is trying to find out why Preware showed I only had 1 patch installed when in fact I know I had more. My questions/concerns weren't meant to make it hard for members to help me - only meant for me to learn and understand. If I've offended or confused you and anyone else then I apologize.

Thanks for your comments - I am always appreciative.
    Well being a "noob" at this, I'm doing the best I can and I'm very sorry to upset you and/or anyone trying to help me. I don't know how to post from the ipkg log after having run EPR and I hadn't uninstalled any patches that I know of.

All I was doing is trying to find out why Preware showed I only had 1 patch installed when in fact I know I had more. My questions/concerns weren't meant to make it hard for members to help me - only meant for me to learn and understand. If I've offended or confused you and anyone else then I apologize.

Thanks for your comments - I am always appreciative.
    No-one's upset - just guiding you on the best way to help others help you.

EPR would have removed all your patches. That's what it is designed to do.

When you install something, look in the app menu (the menu in the top left corner) and you can email an IPKG log from there to yourself and then attach it to a post here.

-- Rod
    I had similar situation Patches installed before update to 3.0.5 (when on 3.0.2, 3.0.4 etc) are still in your system. So Preware knows they are in... But somehow those patches are not available in 3.0.5 so thus Preware does not recognize them (except only 1

Do as Rod advised: use Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) to remove all patches, reinstall Preware (in case you did any manual changes in feeds setup) and than install only patches available for 3.0.5.
    Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
    My Palm Pre 2 and TouchPad 32GB are waiting for useful updates and enhancements
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelcu View Post
    I had similar situation Patches installed before update to 3.0.5 (when on 3.0.2, 3.0.4 etc) are still in your system. So Preware knows they are in... But somehow those patches are not available in 3.0.5 so thus Preware does not recognize them (except only 1

Do as Rod advised: use Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) to remove all patches, reinstall Preware (in case you did any manual changes in feeds setup) and than install only patches available for 3.0.5.
    Thanks for offering some help - I appreciate it!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12