1.    #1  
    Its been 2 weeks now since 3.0.5. Can the devs give us an update on whats going on with our patches? Must be something holding us in limbo. What is the problem?
    Read this ....

Important notice about patches and 3.0.5

.... be silent .....

.... and be happy that this guys are doing great job ......
    most of the 3.0.5 patches are already out...

hit preware, go for it...

laterzzzzzz.......
    32g and playing
    Quote Originally Posted by bldegle2 View Post

laterzzzzzz.......
    I only show the one patch still, how are you seeing them? Beta feeds?
    Hi I can't see any of the 3.0.5 patches, only the device profile service override....where the other??

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bldegle2 View Post

laterzzzzzz.......
    Are you trolling or what? All of the patches available are "placeholders" there are no updates available. Either that or my Touchpad hates me.
    No one see this "laterzzzzzz......."? Your eagerness undermine your judgement, I'd say, guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by DizWhiz View Post
    Are you trolling or what? All of the patches available are "placeholders" there are no updates available. Either that or my Touchpad hates me.
    You are correct. Run EMR and there will be no patches to entice you to want to install them. There has only been one 3.0.5 patch available to date. I installed it just to have something to do. :-).
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    Are we technically allowed to run these patches on TP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Awats View Post
    Are we technically allowed to run these patches on TP?
    Is it technically allowed, yes. Is it advisable, I don't and Won't.

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by old_geekster View Post
    Is it technically allowed, yes. Is it advisable, I don't and Won't.
    I mean *any* Preware patches. The sad thing is we have to just to make it work in some cases.
    Which cases.. Mine is working right now.. Patchless.. And i dont even realize it

There are 67 patches now available for 3.0.5 via the 'alpha' feeds. Currently there is only 'one' patch available in the general feeds. I would suggest a little more patience or otherwise there is always the slightly risky option of turning on the 'alpha' feeds.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Which cases.. Mine is working right now.. Patchless.. And i dont even realize it

I agree! It is far smoother and faster with 3.0.5.

Quote Originally Posted by bobeer1315 View Post
    Its been 2 weeks now since 3.0.5. Can the devs give us an update on whats going on with our patches? Must be something holding us in limbo. What is the problem?
    Oh you mean the guys who do not get paid to develop for WebOS? Everyone wants to know, and I am sure they are not just sitting there holding them hostage, they will get things out eventually.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I got some through Preware last night. I have beta feeds enabled, but not alpha.

alan
    "Are you trolling or what? All of the patches available are "placeholders" there are no updates available. Either that or my Touchpad hates me."

Trolling? Hardly.....and yes I have the beta feeds enabled and also have added the WebOS command line script for the other beta stuff....plus I have the 3.0.4 feeds added too....the TP is my learning base, I want to experience all the good and the bad....

I just got a Droid x2, it was like a seamless mind transferance of about 90% understanding the basics, and adding command scripts seems to be very similiar, this is my first experience with Android OS in all its glory (I mean, comon, successful porting of a 100% perfect Android OS of some flavor is a huge topic here and other places), all learned from using WebOS and the TP, the good and the bad.....

My apologies for not explaining better.....

Yesterday evening in USA another boatload of patch updates appeared. I am sorry if this is confusing to people running the TP stock and with no beta feeds enabled or script addins for more Kernal and other beta feedage....

I am not a troll, got a bit if dry humor in my bones and a nasty streak if wronged, otherwise I do try and help....and 'Laterzzz' and several variants with maybe more z's is my trademark ending at all the forums I post to...

Laterzzzz.....
    Last edited by bldegle2; 01/23/2012 at 12:07 PM.
    32g and playing
    Quote Originally Posted by bobeer1315 View Post
    3.0.5 patches have graduated to the beta feeds in preware. Once deemed stable, you should see them in General Feeds. If you have additional questions, contact the author of the patches you are interested in or follow webOS Internals on Twitter for the latest updates.
    <thread moved>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...