webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  TouchPad Patches > Exporting TouchPad Contacts?
Exporting TouchPad Contacts?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GMMan
  • 1 Post By purplepansy

Old 01/20/2012, 08:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Has anyone had any success or is there any work on a patch to enable exporting contacts from the TouchPad contact list? Thanks.
skutcka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/2012, 11:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

I would like to know how to do this too from the Touchpad. Anyone know?
OriginalPreOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2013, 07:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skutcka View Post
Has anyone had any success or is there any work on a patch to enable exporting contacts from the TouchPad contact list? Thanks.
i think there is a patch from gizmo21 and john steffes. Thanx to both, but i cant figure out, how to do it then. I installed the patch i found in preware, but then. I couldnt find any further advice here.

is the anybody, who can help a normal user.

my problem is, that i have a pixi plus and a touchpad in the same palm-profile. But the contacts-sync between them is not good, There are some contacts on the touchpad, which are not on the pixi. I cannot understand this, because the sync goes out to google-account, but not back to pixi and vice versa.

what i have to do, to merge the 2 contact-lists together?

thanx for your Help in advance.

Achim from Giessen in Germany
achimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2013, 02:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

the patch is probably dumping a csv or other data file that can be imported into your contacts app of choice (outlook, google contacts, etc)... I'd check your USB partition.

As far as syncing contacts between devices, you need to be using google contacts, or some other cloud solution to keep them synced.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 06:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
the patch is probably dumping a csv or other data file that can be imported into your contacts app of choice (outlook, google contacts, etc)... I'd check your USB partition.

As far as syncing contacts between devices, you need to be using google contacts, or some other cloud solution to keep them synced.
Hi, oldskoolvwlover

Ok, so far , so good, but when IT does this.What I have to do to start the dumping? And another question is , where the dump-csv-file will be placed?

Thanx Achim
Old 01/05/2013, 08:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

my patch is just for fixing the Export to have more fields correctly exported.:
[Patch] Fixing/Enhancing vCard (.vcf) Export

and in this thread there are also links how to Export all contacts: Export all your contacts | webOS Nation
I hope touchpad also has a telephone app to enter the code. If not there should be a solution here in the forum to start "MONAD" app on touchpad.

for all you not so regular webosnations Readers i suggest:
Tips and Tricks for webOS | webOS Nation - Tips and Tricks for webOS | webOS Nation
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 09:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

and i think there was an other patch where you could export all contacts and send the .vcf file via email. just search for that in forum.
Old 01/06/2013, 06:39 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
my patch is just for fixing the Export to have more fields correctly exported.:
[Patch] Fixing/Enhancing vCard (.vcf) Export

and in this thread there are also links how to Export all contacts: Export all your contacts | webOS Nation
I hope touchpad also has a telephone app to enter the code. If not there should be a solution here in the forum to start "MONAD" app on touchpad.

for all you not so regular webosnations Readers i suggest:
Tips and Tricks for webOS | webOS Nation - Tips and Tricks for webOS | webOS Nation

hi gizmo,

thanx for your reply.

I tried all things you mentioned. And i think, i read all about exporting contacts from webos. But that was mostly for webos 1.4.5 up to 2.2.4, but not much and detailed about exporting from touchpad.

i tried both "monad"-codes in the call app on the tp, the cdma-code did nothing and the gsm code errors with, that there is no phone paired. So i tried to pair my pixi to the touchpad with success, then i used the call app on the tp and i could get the cellebrite soft on the pixi to work, but that exports only the contacts on the pixi, not the one on tp.

i also couldnt find the patch for emailing the contacts for the tp in preware. I found it for the pixi and there it worked. I think there is no such patch for the tp, because the contacts app is different from the contacts app on phones.

as last thing i searched for a sql-db-file like it exists on older phones e.g. My pixi, which i could download from the phone and browsed it with sql-database browser. From there one could export a csv-file of all contacts very easy.
but could find nothing similar.

besides that i found that some contact fields are not synced correctly between google and pixi e.g. The birthday field, this is very annoying, because i always miss the birthdays of friends and collegues, which i need to be showed in my calendar on the phone or tp. One can automate this with choosing a special calendar inside google calendar.

so this is, where i am standing now......

any additional ideas ?

thanx in advance

Achim
Old 01/11/2013, 03:59 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by achimi View Post
hi gizmo,

thanx for your reply.

I tried all things you mentioned. And i think, i read all about exporting contacts from webos. But that was mostly for webos 1.4.5 up to 2.2.4, but not much and detailed about exporting from touchpad.

i tried both "monad"-codes in the call app on the tp, the cdma-code did nothing and the gsm code errors with, that there is no phone paired. So i tried to pair my pixi to the touchpad with success, then i used the call app on the tp and i could get the cellebrite soft on the pixi to work, but that exports only the contacts on the pixi, not the one on tp.

i also couldnt find the patch for emailing the contacts for the tp in preware. I found it for the pixi and there it worked. I think there is no such patch for the tp, because the contacts app is different from the contacts app on phones.

as last thing i searched for a sql-db-file like it exists on older phones e.g. My pixi, which i could download from the phone and browsed it with sql-database browser. From there one could export a csv-file of all contacts very easy.
but could find nothing similar.

besides that i found that some contact fields are not synced correctly between google and pixi e.g. The birthday field, this is very annoying, because i always miss the birthdays of friends and collegues, which i need to be showed in my calendar on the phone or tp. One can automate this with choosing a special calendar inside google calendar.

so this is, where i am standing now......

any additional ideas ?

thanx in advance

Achim
Ok,

seams, that there is no knowledge out here about that, so i canceled all work about exporting contacts.

But, i found that configuring the Contacts-Accounts as Exchange-Accounts ist far better than to have them as google-accounts. All database fields are synced correctly now over my devices (Touchpad Wifi 16GB-webOS 3.05, Pixi+ WebOS 1.4.5 and Pixi+ webOS 2.1). This is awesome.

Hm but when it comes to calendars, the solution of the Exchange-Account ist not better than google, because there is only the standard-Calendar shown in the calendar-App. Although there is a Howto, how to change the useragent of the browser to be seen as an iphone-safari-browser and then go to the Google-Sync-Site and choose the calendars, one wants to be shown in the device, the additional Google-calendars are not shown on my devices. Though you need to have the calendar-account twice, when it is also the place where the contacts were saved.

Is there some knowledge about that out there ?

But the google-Calendar-Sync is somewhat functioning for 98 %, so this is not bad in my Op.
But together with the correctly synced contacts, i now have my birthdays again in my Calendars. Very good for now.

Cheers with beers

Achim
Old 01/11/2013, 10:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Great you solved it. But be aware that google wants to suspend EAS sync in January 2013. Though they said "for new devices", what ever that means.

Is there really no one in touchpad land that can show us how to export tp contacts in a .vcf ? Should be able to start monad app seperatly, but one must create launcher icon . I can start it via schedMyPhone (cron like app) on my Pre2.
Old 01/11/2013, 11:29 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quick note the monad app is only for phones, but you can copy it over and use it. It is not shipped with the TouchPad, so to get it you can download a phone Doctor and rip it from there.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: sanaking
Old 01/11/2013, 12:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Hmm not really a nobrainer but a start for the desperate. But how to start it then? Anyway to create a launcher icon in command line?
Old 01/11/2013, 05:51 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Great you solved it. But be aware that google wants to suspend EAS sync in January 2013. Though they said "for new devices", what ever that means.

Is there really no one in touchpad land that can show us how to export tp contacts in a .vcf ? Should be able to start monad app seperatly, but one must create launcher icon . I can start it via schedMyPhone (cron like app) on my Pre2.
hi,

thats, why i configured it very fast in January. Lets see what will happen. On another place i read, that webOS will not be affected with the suspendig of EAS.

hmmmmmm........

achim
Old 01/11/2013, 05:53 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Hmm not really a nobrainer but a start for the desperate. But how to start it then? Anyway to create a launcher icon in command line?
i will try to extract it. The doctor files are zips, arent they ?

Launcher icon? Startable? Is that your profession then ?

achim
Old 01/11/2013, 06:58 PM   #15 (permalink)

You'll need a capable archiver, because the file is inside a tar inside a gz inside another tar inside the zip. Also, you can't really "create" a launcher icon for an app. Once the app's in place you can use ##MONAD# in Device Info to launch it.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by sanaking likes this.
Old 01/13/2013, 12:44 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
You'll need a capable archiver, because the file is inside a tar inside a gz inside another tar inside the zip. Also, you can't really "create" a launcher icon for an app. Once the app's in place you can use ##MONAD# in Device Info to launch it.
hi gmman,

i used the archiver from precise pangolin (Ubuntu 12.04) and it seams to. Be very capable.

found the monad-app in:

/./usr/palm/applications/

in

nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz

/./

inside

webos.tar

in

/resources/

inside

webosdoctorp224pre2-wr-2.2.4.jar.

i extracted it. Then i created an ipk using ipk packager. Then i copied it to the TP, where i installed it using internalz pro.

according to your advice, i startet the app under device info with user defined app in the app-menu and i finally got celebrite app to export contacts.
like on fones it creates the pmmigration.vcf in the .temp-folder in /media/internal.

thanx for your help.
Old 01/13/2013, 01:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

just another info for those who wonder, this device info launch is possible only in webOS >3.x
https://developer.palm.com/content/a...idden-app.html

Thanks GMMan for helping and achimi for detailed docu. Will link this thread from export enhanced thread.
Old 03/09/2013, 01:39 AM   #18 (permalink)

I tried the command line contacts export from the March 8th, 2013 "Export your contacts via Command Line (homebrew)" article by Adam Marks. It seems like it worked, but I can't find the "ExportedContacts.vcf" file on my Touchpad. I can't even find the media/internal/ directory using Internalz Pro.

I really need my contacts on my Touchpad exported to a vcf file so that I can download them into my Pre. I encountered an error when I activated my Pre. I seemed to be able to log into my Palm Profile, but got an "couldn't restore" error . So all of my contacts, calendar, apps etc. have to be done manually.
purplepansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2013, 02:02 AM   #19 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

try to connect your TP to USB like mentioned in the article and the root folder you see on your PC there is /media/internal .
then grab it there and send to Pre via email on PC
Thanked By: purplepansy
Old 03/10/2013, 11:48 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
try to connect your TP to USB like mentioned in the article and the root folder you see on your PC there is /media/internal .
then grab it there and send to Pre via email on PC
Thanks! I have all of my contacts on my Pre now!
purplepansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0