Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By texasflood
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    After my TP has self updated to 3.0.5. I was still running, successfully, a number of 3.0.4 patches.
    I launched Preware today and it had a lot of 3.0.5 updates. I said OK to all. Now none of my patches are working but they showed installed without error.
    I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple with no success. I am looking for one to be the problem. I think that I am going to do EPR and go one by one but this is going to take time and I have to start dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by bs03 View Post
    After my TP has self updated to 3.0.5. I was still running, successfully, a number of 3.0.4 patches.
    I launched Preware today and it had a lot of 3.0.5 updates. I said OK to all. Now none of my patches are working but they showed installed without error.
    I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple with no success. I am looking for one to be the problem. I think that I am going to do EPR and go one by one but this is going to take time and I have to start dinner.
    If you go into preware and look at the descriptions of the patches most of them say that they are empty placeholders and that they don't do anything.

think you have to wait until they have manage to rewrite the patches for 3.0.5
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by terminaldave View Post
    If you go into preware and look at the descriptions of the patches most of them say that they are empty placeholders and that they don't do anything.

Only a couple say placeholder. I don't think they were working after the update. They aren't things I normally notice or care about.

So either placeholders aren't tagged as plceholders or something killed patches that were working. Either way I'll be doing this one by one. I am guessing that I need to be ready to pull from the 3.0.4 feeds as well.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by terminaldave View Post

OK, you were correct. They are all placeholders.

There is a problem in Preware. If you have the 3.0.2 or 3.0.4 feeds active, the whole description is displayed, not the placeholder description. But it installs the newest version, the placeholder version, from the normal patches feed. I don't know how the database is setup. I didn't think that this would/could happen.

BTW, I left all but the 3 I really need as place holders. To get those 3 back I had to activate the 3.0.4 feeds and deactivate the normal feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bs03 View Post
    OK, you were correct. They are all placeholders.

There is a problem in Preware. If you have the 3.0.2 or 3.0.4 feeds active, the whole description is displayed, not the placeholder description. But it installs the newest version, the placeholder version, from the normal patches feed. I don't know how the database is setup. I didn't think that this would/could happen.

BTW, I left all but the 3 I really need as place holders. To get those 3 back I had to activate the 3.0.4 feeds and deactivate the normal feed.
    Your problem with preware overwriting them is in your final sentence. The description is there from the 3.0.4 installed patch. But you have 3.0.4 turned off and 3.0.5 on, preware sees a newer version of the patch and installs it if you choose to update (when you are looking you are seeing descriptions of the installed patches, version number, etc, when you update the new patch file overwrites that data).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Your problem with preware overwriting them is in your final sentence. The description is there from the 3.0.4 installed patch. But you have 3.0.4 turned off and 3.0.5 on, preware sees a newer version of the patch and installs it if you choose to update (when you are looking you are seeing descriptions of the installed patches, version number, etc, when you update the new patch file overwrites that data).
    My OP was because it overwrote the patch but not the patch info. The code was a placeholder that overwrote real code but the description/info was still from the real code that was over written. Even after uninstalling some patches and trying to reinstall I still had the mismatch. It was after running EPR tonight that I saw the placeholder info.

had 3.0.4 code & 3.0.4 info
    ran update (normal feed)
    had 3.0.5 code & 3.0.4 info
    uninstalled & reinstalled
    had 3.0.5 code & 3.0.4 info
    ran EPR
    had nothing
    reinstalled
    had 3.0.5 code & 3.0.5 info

loaded 3.0.4 feed
    had 3.0.5 code & 3.0.4 info again
    disabled normal feed
    have 3.0.4 code & 3.0.4 info again
    Placeholders all gone from my feed now.
    They were there this morning and I also mistakenly thought them to be upgrades, but gone for now anyway.
    mlkmade likes this.