1.    #1  
    In haste I immediately updated to 3.0.5 once I saw that it was available and forgot to wait 24-48 hours and
    that some patches interfere with updates, muffle system logging was one of these. My Touchpad seem to be
    running fine. Govnah and uberkernal appear to be working. I miss arrow keys on keyboard and advance res-set option patches,tap ripple effect and unlocking are annoying. Other than that my Touchpad seems to be fine. I assume that I will have to uninstall preware and re-install it ,to enable feeds. So far the only change I have noticed to my system is the absence of patches on my Touchpad and in preware listings with an "error 404" each time I launch preware, I hit ok and some applications appear. My main concern is whether or not I have to remove muffle system logging patch and reinstall webOS 3.0.5 update, in-order for this system update to be effective.

Thanks in advance,

apelles
    Last edited by Apelles; 01/19/2012 at 08:25 AM.
    In preware no are still patches update for 3.0.5. So wait some days before search in patches in Preware .
    :-)
    Nope, you're good. 99.9% of the time, a webOS update will just overwrite the changes made by patches. If you're not feeling great about it, run Emergency Patch Recovery to wipe clean the changes made by your patches.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Derek ! I feel less is more,

Apelles
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    where is this emergency patch recovery?

I also had MSL patch installed when my TP updated. Now I cannot remove it, nor update it. I get the following error

: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.prerm 2>&1

it does not affect anything other than being able to reinstall the patch.

thanks
    ****Reducing Inventory****
    ###FOR SALE###

VZW Pre+ 1.4.5 500/1000 on demand Lithium 418
    White ATT Veer 2.1.2 with 1.4 on demand Lithium 122
    Black ATT Veer 2.1.2 Stock Lithium 196 - broken screen, spare parts
    webOS internals NA Pre3 2.2.4 Stock Lithium 111
    Quote Originally Posted by suprolla View Post

I also had MSL patch installed when my TP updated. Now I cannot remove it, nor update it. I get the following error

: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.prerm 2>&1

thanks
    Open Preware and just immediately search for Emergency.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by suprolla View Post

thanks

Preware

Available other

linux Application

Utilities

Emergency Patch Recoverry

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    i found it, thanks all.

works like a charm.
    ****Reducing Inventory****
    ###FOR SALE###

VZW Pre+ 1.4.5 500/1000 on demand Lithium 418
    White ATT Veer 2.1.2 with 1.4 on demand Lithium 122
    Black ATT Veer 2.1.2 Stock Lithium 196 - broken screen, spare parts
    webOS internals NA Pre3 2.2.4 Stock Lithium 111
    Happy to help.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I have a similar problem trying to uninstall the Make it so patch. I have been trying to get Wifi file sharing to work with not much success and decided to remove all the files it installed including the Optiware files. After my TP rebooted, which took an unusually long time, I restarted Preware and noticed many programs were missing. After going through AUMST safe/basic/full, Preware again listed the programs but still showed 2 patches as installed and when I tried to remove them, I got failure messages. After a lot of bugging frantid about the UberCalendar HD patch, I finally was able to remove it and reinstall. I have not been able to remove the Make It So patch however and here is the log file:

begin

Nothing Interesting.

failed

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-make-it-so.prerm 2>&1

Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]

Apply anyway? [n]

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/JustType.jsjsjs.$rej$

Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]

Apply anyway? [n]

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/appinfo.json.rej

*** FAILED ***

mount: mounting /dev/mapper/store-root on / failed: Device or resource busy

My TP is running 305. Could I remove my patches, then run EPR to remove the Make it so patch and then reinstall it?
    Thanks for the help.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)