Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By f2k8
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I remember installing an app a few months back which allowed 8 buttons in the task bar on the home page. But when the new 3.0.5 update released, like an ***** i forgot to uninstall my patches. After the update, I uninstalled everything but I still have that patch or what ever it was. Does anyone know what it is? How can I uninstall it if it's not showing in preware?

Here's a picture, how can I remove that middle 'blob' full of apps. (the kalemsoft logo etc.):

Direct link:
    http://i44.tinypic.com/1sb96u.png
    Last edited by f2k8; 01/17/2012 at 04:27 PM.
    You can either reinstall the 3.0.4 patch, or if you drag enough icons off the launcher (you have to drag off the ones that are clickable) that should fix it back to normal.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    You can either reinstall the 3.0.4 patch, or if you drag enough icons off the launcher (you have to drag off the ones that are clickable) that should fix it back to normal.
    Thanks, tried it but still doesn't work. Damn, I really don't want to do all those updates again, this must have happened to someone else out there? :/
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Can you remember what that patch was called? Maybe I could look for it, but I am pretty sure I've uninstalled everything with preware.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    It's okay everyone, I've fixed the problem. just had to use Emergancy Patch Recovery and whipe out everything.
    sledge007 likes this.
    I did the same thing. After noticing the extra icon, I ran Emergency Patch Reconstruction and that removed all of my patches, and fixed the problem after a luna restart.

There are some patches that I'm missing, as they haven't been updated yet, but I couldn't be bothered with the workaround for getting 3.0.4 patches on a 3.0.5 TouchPad. It's a minor inconvenience for me, but I'm willing to wait it out for proper updates.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    sledge, 2 weeks without a phone? I left my house Saturday night to run 1 errand with the wife without my phone... was freaked out the whole hour or 2
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by f2k8 View Post
    I remember installing an app a few months back which allowed 8 buttons in the task bar on the home page. But when the new 3.0.5 update released, like an ***** i forgot to uninstall my patches. After the update, I uninstalled everything but I still have that patch or what ever it was. Does anyone know what it is? How can I uninstall it if it's not showing in preware?
    The NoLauncherButton patch can be found here

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3189484

Just reapply it and reboot. I did this to both of our TouchPads.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    sledge, 2 weeks without a phone? I left my house Saturday night to run 1 errand with the wife without my phone... was freaked out the whole hour or 2
    Lost it at work on New Years Eve day. I have a work phone, but that's all I use it for, nobody knows the number, including myself. Still waiting for my Veer dammit!

The demands have been met, and the hi-jackers will release this thread back to the original topic.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    You do not need to reinstall the patch to remove the excess icons. This behavior is clearly stated in the preware feed and the forum for the patch. Just drag an excess icon away then do a luna restart and all excess icons will be removed. Very simple. And stated upfront. In multiple places.