Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #61  
    Even that didn't work
    * Vistaus is getting desperate

Isn't it possible to do it via command line?
    Replace steps 5 & 6 in the original procedure with the steps below.

Use novaterm to run the commands below.

Stop cryptofs and unmount internal
    Code:
    pkill -SIGUSR1 cryptofs
    umount /media/internal
    Verify you have a clean filesystem. **** should be f s c k without spaces.
    Code:
    /usr/sbin/****.vfat /dev/mapper/store-media
    Open the Device Info application and make a note of the value in the AVAILABLE field. Subtract 4GB from the value. For example if the available value is 23.54GB - 23.54GB-4GB=19.54G.

The two lines below are based on the example above, substitute 19.54G with the value you came up with on both lines below.
    Code:
    resizefat /dev/mapper/store-media 19.54G
    lvresize -L 19.54G /dev/mapper/store-media
    reboot
    Once the TP is done rebooting in novaterm:
    Code:
    lvcreate -l 100%FREE -n ext3fs store
    mkfs.ext3 /dev/mapper/store-ext3fs
    mount -o remount,rw /
    echo "/dev/mapper/store-ext3fs /media/ext3fs auto noatime 0	0" >> /etc/fstab
    mkdir /media/ext3fs
    mount -o remount,ro /
    reboot
    Vistaus and Kas130771 like this.
  3.    #63  
    Wow, thank you so much for providing the command line-way!
    Will try if that works.
  4.    #64  
    Hmm, so far the commands are gone good, but I have a big problem now: after rebooting after resizing the HP App Catalog is nowhere to be found ???

What can I do about that?
  5.    #65  
    Okay, now I have a SERIOUS problem. Not only is the HP App Catalog seriously gone, Bodhi also won't boot. Gives only a black screen after choosing on moboot and then goes back to moboot.

Help plz ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Okay, now I have a SERIOUS problem. Not only is the HP App Catalog seriously gone, Bodhi also won't boot. Gives only a black screen after choosing on moboot and then goes back to moboot.

Help plz ???
    Did the archive unzip successfully in /media/ext3fs? You might want to try running the tar command again.

How much space does Device Info say you have available?
  7.    #67  
    Yes, it did unzip succesfully. Device Info says I have 11,5 GB available.
  8.    #68  
    Anyone? I don't have to doctor, have I?
    Exciting news! Jeff put out an alpha version of Bodhi for the TouchPad and while I haven't used it a lot yet I can tell you it is a major improvement over the developer preview. The touch accuracy is a lot better.

This install was slightly different than the developer preview so I updated the guide on the first page. For those who installed the developer preview I added upgrade instructions to the install guide.
    Last edited by kjhenrie; 01/11/2012 at 09:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Exciting news! Jeff put out an alpha version of Bodhi for the TouchPad and while I haven't used it a lot yet I can tell you it is a major improvement over the developer preview. The touch accuracy is a lot better.

This install was slightly different than the developer preview so I updated the guide on the first page. For those who installed the developer preview I added upgrade instructions to the install guide.
    Thanks, sent you a pm.
    We installed ubuntu without moboot, wondering if we could do the same with bodhi?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Thanks, sent you a pm.
    We installed ubuntu without moboot, wondering if we could do the same with bodhi?
    Are you talking about the chroot card install or a native boot? Either way should work using the same technique.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Are you talking about the chroot card install or a native boot? Either way should work using the same technique.
    Native boot. I guess we used executah and the ubuntu package in preware. Although I think in the first few days of the touchpad in early July, there was not a preware package and I don't recall how we did it.

Thanks for your reply to my pm about package installs. Good luck in finding an alternate way to install packages (I am still a linux newb and still sorting out various combinations of choices).
    Interesting, first time I tried booting it, it didnt work, but now its working.

And yes, the touch controls are much more accurate.

Interesting what midori starts up with the first time you load it though. :-)

Seeing as Ive never used E before, one thing I dont like, is if you hit the leaf in the bottom right, hitting the Red X or the Home button doesnt take you back to home, you have to hit the leaf again to take you back to home. Unless Im doing something wrong.

I could see if this gets acceleration, sound, etc its gonna be quite good.

Is there anything you need to be tested or whatever?
    Can you get a browser working? Firefox or Chrome or whatever? Firefox probably best...

If so, I will get you a page to see if you can log into it and sign up for some classes (doesnt work in 304 or 305, works in 302 but ribbon in middle of page makes current day classes not readable)

Does work in ubuntu firefox perfectly but customers need touch to easily pinch and zoom on the page before they duck into their weight class, clutching their towels and waterbottles
    I have a feeling multi touch input isnt working yet? At least not pinch and zoom? (next time I boot into Bodhi I will try, im trying the 3.0.5 update right now)

And if you read the bodhilinux forums, doesnt look like packages are working, so I doubt if I could get chromium/firefox/etc installed.

And if you need all that, why not use the Firefox/Aurora/whatever thats available in CM7?
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    I have a feeling multi touch input isnt working yet? At least not pinch and zoom? (next time I boot into Bodhi I will try, im trying the 3.0.5 update right now)

And if you read the bodhilinux forums, doesnt look like packages are working, so I doubt if I could get chromium/firefox/etc installed.

And if you need all that, why not use the Firefox/Aurora/whatever thats available in CM7?
    Its a business, they can't afford to troubleshoot android on a touchpad meant for webOS, the mighty webos internals is putting support behind linux so i feel more comfortable with putting bodhi on a card. Sorry you are having troubles installing 3.05 and hope you get out the mess soon.
    multitouch isnt working (or at least I dont know how to use it if it is), are there arm packages of chromium/firefox somewhere?
    So no pinch and zoom--at all? Googling around, it looks like some other version of Bodhi was able to support pinch and zoom by downloading some file and adding it to the o/s--supposedly worked with apps that were compatible
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    Interesting what midori starts up with the first time you load it though. :-)
    Yeah I got a little chuckle out of that too .
    So will the Linux kernel released yesterday help with this project?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast