Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    You can run bodhilinux without installing moboot and without mesing up with lvm partitions:

1. Download 'rootfs.ext2.gz'
    Unpack it and copy the resulting file rootfs.ext2 to the internal memory of the touchpad (/media/internal/rootfs.ext2).

2. Download 'uImage'

3. Boot the uImage with memboot:

1) turn off the touchpad
    2) connect it to your machine
    3) press the Volume Up key and power on the device, you should see a giant USB logo on the device
    4) novacom boot mem:// < uImage

PS. I've compiled the kernel using these instructions: https://github.com/crimsonredmk/Arch...er/Building.md
    I've also patched the initscript to mount the rootfs.ext2:
    Code:
    -mount /dev/store/arch-root -t ext3 /newroot
    +mkdir -p /mnt/internal
    +mount -t vfat -o sync /dev/mapper/store-media /mnt/internal
    +mount -o loop -t ext2 /mnt/internal/rootfs.ext2 /newroot
    Interesting, is there any difference in doing the above way?

And any way to make moboot boot the rootfs.ext2 version?

Would allow me to keep my ubuntu chroot.
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    Interesting, is there any difference in doing the above way?
    File system operations are slower.

And any way to make moboot boot the rootfs.ext2 version?

Would allow me to keep my ubuntu chroot.
    You could try to boot my uImage with moboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunohod_oi View Post
    You can run bodhilinux without installing moboot and without mesing up with lvm partitions:

1. Download 'rootfs.ext2.gz'
    Unpack it and copy the resulting file rootfs.ext2 to the internal memory of the touchpad (/media/internal/rootfs.ext2).

2. Download 'uImage'

3. Boot the uImage with memboot:

1) turn off the touchpad
    2) connect it to your machine
    3) press the Volume Up key and power on the device, you should see a giant USB logo on the device
    4) novacom boot mem:// < uImage

PS. I've compiled the kernel using these instructions: https://github.com/crimsonredmk/Arch...er/Building.md
    I've also patched the initscript to mount the rootfs.ext2:
    Code:
    -mount /dev/store/arch-root -t ext3 /newroot
    +mkdir -p /mnt/internal
    +mount -t vfat -o sync /dev/mapper/store-media /mnt/internal
    +mount -o loop -t ext2 /mnt/internal/rootfs.ext2 /newroot
    A big thanks. So its running on a card and not using a separate partition?
    The bodhi is still alpha so the touch features on Firefox and Chrome are not working well, do I understand that correctly?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Yes.

The bodhi is still alpha so the touch features on Firefox and Chrome are not working well, do I understand that correctly?
    I couldn't get wifi working and have not tried Firefox or Chrome. The touchscreen works, but the jitter filter or something like that is missing. And I'm not sure if the multitouch support is available.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunohod_oi View Post
    Yes.

I couldn't get wifi working and have not tried Firefox or Chrome. The touchscreen works, but the jitter filter or something like that is missing. And I'm not sure if the multitouch support is available.
    I was able to get wifi working with the moboot install using:

Code:
    modprobe ar6000
    Then open wicd and connect.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    If anyone figures out how to get the package installer to work let me know. I would like to try firefox-mobile, chromium, and okular. Touch works for me but it's a bit iffy.
    edit: wireless works

touchscreen is not that great, but acceptable, i'll try some more stuff out

pingus works well.
    Last edited by grazzt; 01/02/2012 at 02:02 PM.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Yes, I'm in dev mode and moboot is installed and working properly.
    Well, if anyone can help me with my Tailor-problem then I would be really happy.
    Well, if anyone can help me with my Tailor-problem then I would be really happy.
    I wonder, do you already have a /media/ext3fs already defined in /etc/fstab ?

I followed the instructions, and it all worked for me.
    In addition to the ext3fs mount check suggested by grazzt check if there is a "jail" mount for an application in the bottom section (current mounts) in Tailor, if so try tapping it to unmount it. If there is and it will not unmount try opening the jailed application and closing it again followed by another unmount tap in Tailor. It's a long shot but worth a try.

If you can post a Tailor screenshot.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Okay having spent more time with this I have to downgrade this from rough around the edges to unusable for serious use. The touch calibration seems to be wandering so it's very frustrating trying to accomplish anything. I was not able to install chrome, firefox, or firefox-mobile through the browser based installer. The install button would become disabled after clicking it as if it was installing but nothing was happening. I tried apt-get but the packages were not in the configured repositories.
    I concur with this after using it for a little while.

I was getting frustrated often with the touch controls, and programs just randomly seemed to load, sometimes fast, sometimes taking forever to load (wicd for example)

But I think its a good start, and hope it progresses further.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    In addition to the ext3fs mount check suggested by grazzt check if there is a "jail" mount for an application in the bottom section (current mounts) in Tailor, if so try tapping it to unmount it. If there is and it will not unmount try opening the jailed application and closing it again followed by another unmount tap in Tailor. It's a long shot but worth a try.

If you can post a Tailor screenshot.
    I had Ubuntu installed, but I removed every trace of it.
    And Tailor doesn't give me the option to unmount 'cause it only tells me to reboot :/
  14.    #54  
    Anyone?
    Unfortunately cant help you Vistaus. :-(

But Im just curious if we can get bodhi away from using the default ext3 partition (so those with the ubuntu chroot can continue using it)

It looks like another linux project ArchLinux is using /dev/store/arch-root .. although Im not sure if Tailor can create custom partitions like that? (the archlinux installation guide has you using lvm commands within novaterm)

so maybe bodhi can use /dev/store/bodhi-root in the future? is that possible? Or am I confusing things?
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    Unfortunately cant help you Vistaus. :-(

But Im just curious if we can get bodhi away from using the default ext3 partition (so those with the ubuntu chroot can continue using it)

It looks like another linux project ArchLinux is using /dev/store/arch-root .. although Im not sure if Tailor can create custom partitions like that? (the archlinux installation guide has you using lvm commands within novaterm)

so maybe bodhi can use /dev/store/bodhi-root in the future? is that possible? Or am I confusing things?
    The bootloader that the Bodhi team provided looks for a mount at /media/ext3fs and it appears that tailor can only create a partition at /dev/store/ext3fs. I could be wrong on the second point but I couldn't find a way to change the name.

If we could compile or get Jeff (Bodhi) to compile the bootloader with a different mount point and figure out how to change the partition in tailor or barring that create the partition on the command line this is very doable.
    Anyone?
    When you open tailor do you get the "danger will robinson jails are active...reboot" warning? If so you should be able to dismiss the dialog with the "okay" button and view the current mounts in the bottom section of the screen. If not, what does the warning say?
  18.    #58  
    I get that, yes. But after clicking Okay, it doesn't show any mounts in the bottom of the screen, it only lists the partitions on the device.
    I get that, yes. But after clicking Okay, it doesn't show any mounts in the bottom of the screen, it only lists the partitions on the device.
    not calling you an imbicile, just trying to make sure i caught your steps, so when you load tailor, it say jails are active. you do a hold down the power button and do device restart, on reboot first and only app you open is tailor correct?
    i would try uninstall-device restart-reinstall tailor. maybe some weirdness happening
    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!
  20.    #60  
    Gonna try that reinstall of Tailor.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast