Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    Development of this app/patch/theme has been halted, so this thread is no longer relevant. I'll be putting all my effort into cross-platform Enyo2 applications from now on. If you'd like to keep up with me and my latest work, you know where to find me.

Garrett
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 04/02/2013 at 07:24 PM.
    Nightburn and rs4ftw like this.
    I only could get to step 3....
    I tried to install the patch using "WebOS Quick Install" but I get errors and it would not install.
    I determined that it was because I have "Private Browsing" installed.
    If I uninstall "Private Browsing", steps 1-5 install "ThumbNav v2.0" OK.
    But if I try to install "Private Browsing" back, then IT won't install.

Both "Private Browsing" and the current version of "Add ThumbNav Controls" on Preware CAN be installed together OK.
    For now, I'll stick with that or use "Advanced Browser".

I hope you can find a solution because the improvements you made in "ThumbNav v2.0" are great though.
  3.    #3  
    FYI, I'll be posting an update tonight that fixes an issue with 3.0.5. This update will definitely make its way to Preware too.
    Aware likes this.
  4.    #4  
    ThumbNav update is finished. I'll submit it to Preware once the patch portal allows me to select 3.0.5 as a compatible webOS version.

What's new?
    - Fixed the 'full screen' icon in webOS 3.0.5.
    - Now compatible with the Private Browsing patch.
  5.    #5  
    If you don't want to wait, you can download the patch and tweaks json below. They'll both have to be removed before installing the Preware version. Only do this if you're comfortable with Internalz.

ThumbNav 2.1.1.zip

I don't think it'll be much longer for the patch portal to be updated though.
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 01/14/2012 at 01:54 PM.
    Loving the patch, makes browsing in bed on my TP a lot easier.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Garrett92C likes this.
    can't wait to Get this patch. Its such a pain just using the stock browser. Thumbnav patch = awesome
    Garrett92C likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    If you don't want to wait, you can download the patch and tweaks json below. They'll both have to be removed before installing the Preware version. Only do this if you're comfortable with Internalz.

ThumbNav 2.1.1.zip

I don't think it'll be much longer for the patch portal to be updated though.
    For those that don't want to wait for the Preware version, are the instructions below correct if using your attached ThumbNav_v2.1.1.zip file?

1. Download the zip file and extract it.
    2. Use Internalz to put the "com.choorp.thumbnav.json" file to:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/preferences/
    3. Install the "ThumbNav_v2.1.1.patch" with "WebOS Quick Install" and then the TouchPad will restart.
    4. Open the "Tweaks" app and set up your menu.
    5. Open the Web browser and enjoy!
  9.    #9  
    Yep, those instructions are correct. If everything goes well, we might be able to start submitting patches this weekend.
  10.    #10  
    ThumbNav v2.1.1 has been submitted to Preware.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    All works fine except the full screen and the tweaks application adds nothing extra-.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Teejay1 View Post
    All works fine except the full screen and the tweaks application adds nothing extra-.
    Is the full screen button not working for you?
    Nope afraid not.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Teejay1 View Post
    Nope afraid not.
    Hmm. Do you have any other Browser patches installed? If so, which ones? I've been using this new version since 3.0.5 was released and haven't had any problems.
    not as far as I'm aware. I have most of the patches suggested by ncinerate but not many others.
  16.    #16  
    Just checked the feeds and found the new update isn't there yet. It should be there later today.
    I have 3.0.5-4 installed, thought that was the new one.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    i got use to this Thumb nav to the point where i have a habit of mistakenly trying to go back by swiping in other apps.

i still don't understand why webos doesn't have this default functionality option for all apps.. even the HP app store, preware, etc. should all have some "swipe" gesture to go back,etc. it gets a bit annoying having to constantly hit a tiny arrow to go back. especially on some apps the arrows are at different places, top, bottom,etc.
    capt4chris and davidtm like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Just checked the feeds and found the new update isn't there yet. It should be there later today.
    just updated with the latest patch and it works a treat. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Garrett, any chance you could modify this patch to include the functionality of your Enhanced Nav Buttons patch? That would be great!

Thanks!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast