Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I'm developing a little game for the christmas : Blast'em Elves.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd3qgQHEFsk[/YT]

If anyone want's try it out, you can download a copy from
    https://www.box.com/blastemelves
    works with TouchPad,Pre3 and Pre2 ... it might work also on Pre1/pixi and Veer

It's a alpha build so there are bugs, not all the features work and it's still missing stuff.

Thanks.
    its fun, trying on my touchpad, one bug I am running into is when you fail a level (on the puzzel mode) and you retry the level the game will freeze..it seems pressing the pause button a few times fixes it.

Also tapping to drop a nade doesnt always result in one being dropped.

Looks promising though

Also when you are on your last grenade no matter what happens (almost as if as soon as you drop it) you get level failed
    Last edited by kel101; 12/07/2011 at 05:07 PM.
    lol... a little creepy for Christmas....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Vistaus likes this.
    How do I install after downloaded?
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectHybrid View Post
    How do I install after downloaded?
    I used preware after I transferred it over to my touchpad via dropbox..or you can use webosquickinstall from your computer
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Also when you are on your last grenade no matter what happens (almost as if as soon as you drop it) you get level failed
    I can confirm this one.

In addition, it might just be me, but sometimes with grenades, it seems that Elves near the explosion stay alive but those further away are killed.

A fun game so far, great work.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll fix those bugs and upload a new version later today.
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    I used preware after I transferred it over to my touchpad via dropbox..or you can use webosquickinstall from your computer
    I suppose I can do it via webosquickintall, but would you mind telling me how to do it through the preware/touchpad?
    Cool...so far pretty cool.
  10.    #10  
    Hi,
    just uploaded new version. Fixed some bugs and maybe made some more, so please report any bugs you find.

https://www.box.com/blastemelves

Thanks.
    I was playing a level and didnt win and was out of grenades, but it didnt bring up a prompt the round was over. I just had to hit pause to restart. Not sure if a bug or intentional?
    the game works great for me, I've not seen any bugs so far (using the new version).

my kids find it absolutely hilarious, especially the exploding sheep!
    This game is great. Any plans to add Santa, Ms. Claus, ruldolf, or the abominable snowman? I'd love to blow them up too!
  14.    #14  
    Hi,
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad that you guys like the game
    FYI I just uploaded a new version with some bug fixes etc.
    Thanks
    Loving the game. Well built However, on my Pre3, I notice the screen orientation is opposite what most games are. TouchPad doesn't seem to have the issue. Any chance of that being fixed for a future update?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  16.    #16  
    Done,
    screen orientation is now opposite what it was before (Pre3).
    Quote Originally Posted by diffa View Post
    Done,
    screen orientation is now opposite what it was before (Pre3).
    Sweet! Working great so far and looks gorgeous on the Pre3's screen, thanks
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    This most recent version seems to run smoother. Nice work whether it was intentional or not!!!

There is a new issue I've come against. Every now and then when I have the sheep selected it drops a grenade instead. This has happened at the start of a level so it's not that I've run out of sheep.

Edit: When you have the new screen that tells you how many you have to blow up at the start of each level, if you change weapons while that is showing and then tap to get rid of it, it uses up one of your weapons.
    Last edited by Forget_the_Rest; 12/09/2011 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Discovered a new bug
  19.    #19  
    Thanks for bug report, I'll fix bug ASAP!
    This is an awesome game!!! Great christmas game too, which is reminiscent of gremlins. Just my opinion.
    Looks very nice on my Veer too!!! Thanks!
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast