Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Is there a patch to add a 'Find in page" in the stock browser (something like ctrl f)?
    Last edited by Martam1; 01/09/2012 at 05:20 PM.
    There used to be in the beta feeds, but it never made the 3.0.2 -> 3.0.4 transition. It's finals week for a lot of people (me anyway) so maybe after this week someone will look into it. Then again Christmas is coming up, so who knows when someone will pick that up again. It's a bad time of the year for people having free time.
    This can be easily accomplished using bookmarklets (javascript bookmarks).

Unfortunately, these don't work on WebOS. *sigh* For such an open system, they really made some boneheaded decisions on what they *would* restrict.
    : (){:|:&};:
    This would be a nice patch to have. Hopefully someone can get it!
    Agreed. 'Just Type' for a browser card to do a keyword find would be awesome. For now I've just been using the Advanced Browser app which has built in search, but that doesn't really answer your question.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Ok I fixed the old patch to be 3.0.4. It was a beta patch that has been just updated. But, don't go flaming me over issues because again I didn't write the original patch, I simply updated it for compatibility with 3.0.4.

Just tested it with Private Browsing. It seems to be compatible. Not guaranteed to work with any other browser patches. If you want to post any patches you have found it to be incompatible with I will look it over and try to fix it. But I don't just want "didn't install for me" responses. Even with the output of the preware thats not useful to me. Also, for any new people, always use "Email Attachment" don't try and download directly from the forums.

It will be updated in preware to the beta feed. I got in touch with the original author minego (Micah N Gorrell).

This page can serve as the support thread for the patch. There are functionality issues. Let's see if we can't fix them.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kyle3om; 12/16/2011 at 12:51 AM. Reason: tested
    Rnp likes this.
  7.    #7  
    hi kyle3om,

I installed the patch via the attachment but I don't see anything in the browser even after a luna restart. How/where should I start it?

Thanks for your help
    click on the drop down menu in the upper left.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks Kyle3om! It works great. There is only one aesthetic detail when it finds a string: It increases the the size of the screen - no sweat you can always resize it back.

Thanks again - these is extremely useful.
    is this patch backportable on webOS 2.x ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Martam1 View Post
    Thanks Kyle3om! It works great. There is only one aesthetic detail when it finds a string: It increases the the size of the screen - no sweat you can always resize it back.

Thanks again - these is extremely useful.
    Browser/framework limitation as far as I can tell. Advanced Browser seems to have the same issue. If they find a fix I will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    is this patch backportable on webOS 2.x ?
    Even updating the patch to be 3.0.4 compatible breaks 3.0.2 compatibility. I will look into porting to 2.x. I am posting the 3.0.2 version here for anyone that wants that because I think the update broke some peoples wifi so they didn't update and might want to keep using 3.0.2.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    is this updated for 3.0.5? And what issues does it still have?
    Yes the 3.0.4 version is 3.0.5 compatible. If you add the 3.0.4 feed manually you can install from preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    any chance for webOS 2.2.4?
    any hope?
    I'll bump this one again since it's been over a year. This would be great for 2.2.4.
    Any effort put into the stock browser of webOS 2.2.4 is useless IMHO. It needs a newer browser, something I couldn't accomplish, more than it needs a patch.
    True as that may be, a patch to add the functionality is a lot smaller undertaking than developing a completely new browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    True as that may be, a patch to add the functionality is a lot smaller undertaking than developing a completely new browser.
    Not really. I did most of the porting work. Check my sig. The Pre version just needs a few tweaks (that I am unable to make) so that it actually renders pages.
    I'm clearly not a developer so I'm more confused. So it would be just as difficult to edit a patch to port it as it would be to create a new browser? And what do you mean by unable? Impossible? Don't have a webOS 2.2.4 device?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast