Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    I'm clearly not a developer so I'm more confused. So it would be just as difficult to edit a patch to port it as it would be to create a new browser? And what do you mean by unable? Impossible? Don't have a webOS 2.2.4 device?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Vistaus feels that it would be easier if all versions of webOS used a back-ported version of Touchpad's browser... rather than making 5 different versions of the same patch... but the browser he's talking about isn't yet ready for the phones due to differences in either webview widget's code, or the BrowserServer.. the UI works but pages don't render

Anyway, if i get done with my backlog of four patches today, i'll take a look at this one...
    Oooooooh. I got it now. Thanks!
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    I'm clearly not a developer so I'm more confused. So it would be just as difficult to edit a patch to port it as it would be to create a new browser? And what do you mean by unable? Impossible? Don't have a webOS 2.2.4 device?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I mean that I already did some work to make Isis Web run on the Pre phones and there's only one thing that needs to be done, which in theory is not much harder than editing this patch (but I don't have the skills to fix WebView). Especially since Isis Web also has Find on page built-in so it's a win-win: more modern browser+Find on page.

(FYI: I have a Pre 3)
    Ok. I understand now. Thanks. I wish I knew more about programming but unfortunately my background is limited to VBVBVB.$net$. $At$ $any$ $rate$ $I$ $look$ $forward$ $to$ $any$ $progress$. $I$ $wonder$ $if$ $the$ $community$ $could$ $lend$ $you$ $a$ $hand$?
    Follow me on Twitter
    Yeah, I already have thread about it where I explained the issue and the source code is up on my GitHub so anyone can contribute if they want
    I noticed ISIS for TP looks very similar to Advanced Browser. Are they related? Just for giggles I repackaged AB into an ipk and installed it on my Pre 3. No surprise it didn't scale. LOL.
    Follow me on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12