Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A reply to http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...rd-button.html request.

isagar2004 made the original patch I just fixed an error that was in that patch. This patch will add a button to the address bar (next to the bookmark button) that allows the keyboard to be toggled at will. A screenshot and file are attached. This will be submitted to Preware.

Update: Fixed the very simple problem with Private Browsing Patch. (I feel dumb for not looking at it sooner.) I attached a copy below and have submitted it as an update for Preware.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by knownboyofno; 01/13/2012 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Patch conflict
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post

isagar2004 made the original patch I just fixed an error that was in that patch. This patch will add a button to the address bar (next to the bookmark button) that allows the keyboard to be toggled at will. You can always dismiss the keyboard with the button on the keyboard. A screenshot and file are attached. This will be submitted to Preware.
    this app appears to change modified KB layouts from previous patches back to the
    standard KB. do i have to reload modified patches after i load the Toggle patch?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mhipsman View Post
    this app appears to change modified KB layouts from previous patches back to the
    standard KB. do i have to reload modified patches after i load the Toggle patch?
    Like in the OP, it just adds a button to the address bar. I took the picture without a modded keyboard because it doesn't install that and somebody might think it does.
    Nice. Now if we could incorporate that with the thumbnav control patch or even better have it work with the launcher for just type. You guys are like gold.
    Great patch! This patch solved my problem when I use advance search to specific section that need to scroll down. Using arrow button patch on keyboard everything work great!
    Will not install from Preware in 3.0.4... possible conflict with 'No Autolaunch Keyboard in Browser' patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Will not install from Preware in 3.0.4... possible conflict with 'No Autolaunch Keyboard in Browser' patch?

No, it is not conflict with that patch. I have installed both of them on my touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    No, it is not conflict with that patch. I have installed both of them on my touchpad.
    OK cool.. that seemed a likely 'culprit'! Here's the spiel anyway:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/14/2011 at 07:24 AM.
  9.    #9  
    OK cool.. that seemed a likely 'culprit'! Here's the spiel anyway:
    What other patches do you have installed? Do you happen to have private browsing patch?
    What other patches do you have installed? Do you happen to have private browsing patch?
    Yes. Total installed on a quick check through show:

No Autolaunch Keyboard.
    *Private Browsing.
    Remove Clear Bookmarks Button.
    Bigger Progress Bar & Colour Options.
    Default to Show Bookmarks.
    Thumbnav Controls.

11.    #11  
    Yes. Total installed on a quick check through show:

No Autolaunch Keyboard.
    *Private Browsing.
    Remove Clear Bookmarks Button.
    Bigger Progress Bar & Colour Options.
    Default to Show Bookmarks.
    Thumbnav Controls.

I am going to test Private Browsing patch on a clean install and get back to you on this. I think it is what is creating the problem.
    I’ve determined on my two 32GB TPs that the Private Browsing patch and the Toggle Keyboard Button patch cannot coexist.

First, I tried, but couldn’t install the Toggle Keyboard Button patch with the Private Browsing patch installed, so I removed the Private Browsing patch.

Then the Toggle Keyboard Button patch installed with no problems.

Then I tried to install the Private Browsing patch, but it wouldn’t install.

isagar2004 made the original patch I just fixed an error that was in that patch. This patch will add a button to the address bar (next to the bookmark button) that allows the keyboard to be toggled at will. You can always dismiss the keyboard with the button on the keyboard. A screenshot and file are attached. This will be submitted to Preware.
    I originally requested this patch. Thanks to you and isagar2004 for the work!
    Much appreciated!
    The original reason for my patch request was for playing Flash games requiring keyboard input, since the keyboard tends to be hidden unless there is a text box in focus.
    I figured I could use the arrow key patch in conjunction with this to get around this.

Sadly, it seems to me that arrow key inputs are not recognized by Flash embeds on the TouchPad. Also, normal keys, while they work fine for typing into Flash text boxes, seem to be pretty hit-and-miss when used as controls.

Oh well.
    "..I am going to test Private Browsing patch on a clean install and get back to you on this. I think it is what is creating the problem.."

Same.. tested and confirmed, some conflict.

So I am running with 'Private Browsing' just for now.

I really really wish that private browsing could coexist with this
    :[
    however, these. 2 patches are some of the most useful, ones out there
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by touch_pad987 View Post
    I really really wish that private browsing could coexist with this
    :[
    however, these. 2 patches are some of the most useful, ones out there
    Just fixed it. I believe because it worked for me at least.
    This was working perfectly for me, that is, until I updated to 3.0.5, and then the button disappeared. Preware still shows the patch as being installed.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by TSOLfan View Post
    This was working perfectly for me, that is, until I updated to 3.0.5, and then the button disappeared. Preware still shows the patch as being installed.
    Well, you would have to uninstall it and reinstall it for the update.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Would it be possible for you to port this patch to the Advanced Browser?
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast