Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    1/15/2012 : As of webOS v3.0.5 it seems that HP has put this feature back into the mail client making this patch as unnecessary. If future releases break this feature again I will reinstate the patch but for now, it is not needed.

Thanks for your support.

-------------------------------------------------------
    It seems that webOS at one point had an Empty Trash option in the menu while in the Trash folder of your email. For some reason it was removed. I have found a way to re-enable this built in behavior. When you are actually in the trash folder of your email the drop down menu will give you the option to Empty Trash. This does NOT work from other folders such as Inbox.

I plan on eventually getting this into Preware, but in the mean time you can download it from below, unzip it and install it via webOS Quick Install.

NOTE 1: If after installing the patch, the Option to Empty Trash does NOT appear when you are actually IN the Trash Folder, then that may mean you do not have a default trash folder setup. In that case download and install the MailSettingsFix patch, then open mail and go into the Accounts, and Prefs for the problem account. You should now see a section for Default Folders. Make sure the correct folder is specified as Trash.

NOTE 2: You can also use the MailSettingsFix to select No Trash Folder which should (I haven't tested) allow you to delete mail without it ever going to trash at all.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Maverickz; 01/15/2012 at 11:03 PM.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

RICKV, Techy and Martam1 like this.
    Have downloaded, unzipped and applied via WOSQI in Win XP, but still get:

'ERROR: Unable to connect to WebOS-Internals' servers.
    Cannot download AUPT scripts for the patch.'

I am 'on line' OK.. and WOSQI also appears to be live-parsing the TP OK..

Is there anything more I should do/try from 'this end'?

Thanks!

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Have downloaded, unzipped and applied via WOSQI in Win XP, but still get:

'ERROR: Unable to connect to WebOS-Internals' servers.
    Cannot download AUPT scripts for the patch.'

I am 'on line' OK.. and WOSQI also appears to be live-parsing the TP OK..

Is there anything more I should do/try from 'this end'?

Thanks!

That is actually a WOSQI/Preware server issue. Just close WOSKI, wait a bit for the WebOS-Internals servers to come back up and try again. You can check if the servers are up by opening up Preware. If all of the package info is downloaded then WOSQI should work. When Preware gives a really long error that starts with "Unable to run command:...." then the WebOS-Internals Servers are down and neither Preware nor WOSQI will work.

I just checked and yes they are down.
    Patches from Maverickz:

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    That is actually a WOSQI/Preware server issue. Just close WOSKI, wait a bit for the WebOS-Internals servers to come back up and try again. You can check if the servers are up by opening up Preware. If all of the package info is downloaded then WOSQI should work. When Preware gives a really long error that starts with "Unable to run command:...." then the WebOS-Internals Servers are down and neither Preware nor WOSQI will work.

I just checked and yes they are down.
    Thank you for the explanation 'Maverickz'.
    All good now however.. and the Email 'Trash' at last is out!

Nice Patch.. and well needed.. Thankz again!

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Thank you for giving back what was lost by my undesired upgrade to 3.0.4
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    I just installed the addEmptyTrash.patch using WebOS Quick Install. After the instalation I had to press the power and menu button for 30 seconds in order to get my touchpad back into life. When I started the email app only a grey window appears which offers me no choice to do anything.
    So my question is: How can I get rid off the patch without using WebOS doctor?

Any help appreciated

Jörg
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by simulacrum View Post
    I just installed the addEmptyTrash.patch using WebOS Quick Install. After the instalation I had to press the power and menu button for 30 seconds in order to get my touchpad back into life. When I started the email app only a grey window appears which offers me no choice to do anything.
    So my question is: How can I get rid off the patch without using WebOS doctor?

Any help appreciated

Jörg
    I am not sure what happened. Are you using webOS 3.0.4 or are you still on 3.0.2? You can uninstall from Preware. Goto Installed Packages then Patch. Click the patch name then the Remove button. If you are on webOS 3.0.4 try the patch again. If it still doesn't work, post a list of all email related patches you have. There may be a conflict. This patch is probably not compatible with any version other than 3.0.4.
    Patches from Maverickz:

I'm using webOs 3.0.4 already. When I open Preware I cannot find the patch (already tried that). Also I don't have any email related patches installed afaikafaikafaik. $The$ $only$ $patches$ $installed$ $are$:

- Advanced Reset Options
    - No Autolaunch Keyboard in Browser
    - UberCalendar HD
    - UberCalendar Multilangual Localization.

Just tried to install the patch again. This time I get an error message:

"1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/mail/source/Mail.jsjsjs.$rej$...&$quot$; ($rest$ $unreadable$, $doesn$'$t$ $fit$ $in$ $the$ $error$ $message$ $window$).

Any idea?

Jörg
  9.    #9  
    Sounds like WOSQI didn't finish installing the patch. You don't have to Dr. to fix it though. You do need the doctor file. Open the dr file with zip utility then Open the webOS.tar, then I think there is one more layer. Find Mail.jsjsjs, $put$ $that$ $on$ $your$ $TP$ $and$ $use$ $Internalz$ $to$ $copy$ $it$ $to$ $the$ $right$ $location$. $The$ $file$ $belongs$ $in$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$mail$/$source$/ $Then$ $restart$ $Luna$.

Remember to copy the file instead of move it so you already have the original if you want to try again.
    Patches from Maverickz:

10.    #10  
    Better instructions to get the right file from the Dr file:

Get the webOS Doctor file you can unzip that to a folder, which creates three sub folders.
    Open the resources folder and unzip webOS.tar
    In that unzip nova-cust-image-topaz.rootfs.tar.gz
    Then browse to \usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.email\mail\source and it should be there.

On my hard drive here is where the file is with expanded folders:
    C:\webosdoctorp304hstnhwifi\resources\webOS.tar\nova-cust-image-topaz.rootfs.tar\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.email\mail\source
    Patches from Maverickz:

Hm. How do I get the dr file. When I download the webOs doctor a file called webosdoctorp304hstnhwifi.jnlp (828 bytes) is the only one that seems to get saved to my disk. Maybe the dr file is saved elsewhere but if so I don't know where. How can I download the dr file instead?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by simulacrum View Post
    Hm. How do I get the dr file. When I download the webOs doctor a file called webosdoctorp304hstnhwifi.jnlp (828 bytes) is the only one that seems to get saved to my disk. Maybe the dr file is saved elsewhere but if so I don't know where. How can I download the dr file instead?
    Try this link

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...4hstnhwifi.jar
    Patches from Maverickz:

Thanks, will give it a try and let you know about the result.

Jörg
    I copied Mail.jsjsjs $to$ $the$ $source$ $folder$ $restarted$ $my$ $tp$ $but$ $with$ $no$ $effect$. $Mail$ $still$ $doesn$'$t$ $work$. $I$ $guess$ $I$'$ve$ $got$ $to$ $use$ $webOs$ $doctor$. $Sigh$...

Jörg
    Works really well many thanks
    Thx, works great!
    The patch installed fine for me. When I click on the Trash folder then click Empty Trash, I get the message: Are you sure you want to empty trash? I say yes, then nothing happens. Nothing is deleted. I am using Gmail for my email. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by connie2000 View Post
    The patch installed fine for me. When I click on the Trash folder then click Empty Trash, I get the message: Are you sure you want to empty trash? I say yes, then nothing happens. Nothing is deleted. I am using Gmail for my email. Any ideas?
    Same problem here. Installed fine, nothing happens.
    Terry
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I have a different problem.

I installed it (used Internalz), did a luna restart.

Now, when I touch a "trash" folder, it seems to empty it without asking me.

Any ideas why?

Alan
  20. uh2
    Similar problem here. It worked for my Google account, but didn't do anything for my Roadrunner.com account.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast