Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    I have a different problem.

I installed it (used Internalz), did a luna restart.

Now, when I touch a "trash" folder, it seems to empty it without asking me.

Any ideas why?

Alan
    Could it be that in TP Email App Account Settings 'Delete email on device when deleted from server' (Sync server to device) is set to 'ON'?

Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    possibly, but I opened email. I could see my deleted folder had 2 unread from the folder list. I touched that folder and there was nothing in there. It had all gone.

Alan
    Well, I uninstalled the patch via WOSQI, did a restart, set server to 'sync' and the Trash folder kept it's contents OK.. so that may indeed not be the issue. I then re-installed the patch, restarted, sent myself some emails, deleted them.. and all seems 'OK' in the Trashcan.

But I did notice that until I closed and then re-opened the TP Email App, there was still a 'flash' of the 'deleted' email visible in both the Trash & Inbox folders, when switching folders, despite that both were supposedly 'empty' by then.. strange!

4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Could it be that in TP Email App Account Settings 'Delete email on device when deleted from server' (Sync server to device) is set to 'ON'?

I was going to suggest that as well. There are two Sync Deleted Item options: "Sync deleted emails" and "Sync server to device". These should probably both be set to the same option. Turn them both on if you want it to all sync, turn them both off if you want to delete from the TP and the web interface separately.

If you have one to yes and one to no it could be that as fast as you are deleting the mail, the one that is not syncing deleted email is resending the fact that it still has the deleted email.

I do not have Google mail or RoadRunner to test, but both options off works perfectly for me.

This patch really doesn't "Add" anything. HP already had all of the code to handle Empty Trash already in there. They just had a function to check if the current selected Folder was the trash folder or not but they screwed that up so it always returned False. All this patch does is fix that function so that it can properly detect that the currently selected folder is the designated Trash folder.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Good point.. so one deletes from the server when deleted on the TP and the other deletes on the TP when deleted from the server!

Using POP, so both OFF sounds good!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/06/2011 at 04:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I am using IMAP, so it will (should?) sync with the server anyway.

As I said, it just deleted the files in the deleted folder. Didn't ask me at all.

Alan
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    I am using IMAP, so it will (should?) sync with the server anyway.

As I said, it just deleted the files in the deleted folder. Didn't ask me at all.

Alan
    Did you recently delete mail from the server?

Send yourself 2 emails. From the TP, delete one of them from the Inbox. Wait a few seconds for it to move to the Trash folder. Then try to empty the trash folder and see if it works. Then delete the second email from the Inbox and leave it there and see how long it stays. Be sure not to empty trash from the Server.
    Patches from Maverickz:

I tried downloading the zip file only to find I can't open a zip file. I have been in circles on other threads trying to find a way to open a zip file.

can anyone speak slowly as to how to delete all trash files and how to open zip files on touchpad?
  9.    #29  
    Unzip it on your computer then transfer the file over.
    Patches from Maverickz:

10.    #30  
    As of webOS v3.0.5 it seems that HP has put this feature back into the mail client making this patch as unnecessary. If future releases break this feature again I will reinstate the patch but for now, it is not needed.

Thanks for your support.
    Patches from Maverickz:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12