Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Maverickz
  1.    #1  
    2/1/2012 : NEW VERSION of ChoozeYourSnooze: PLEASE READ FULL DESCRIPTION BEFORE USE:
    This version of CYS does expand the ReminderAlert window...sort of dynamically. The Alert will pop up normal size, then when you click the Drop down list (with the snooze times) the window will close, and reopen in a longer format to allow the list to properly expand. You will then have to click the list a second time to get it to actually expand, but you have a lot more room to scroll the options. IF you do not like the thought of having to click the drop down list twice, please use the previous version released earlier today. Here is the dynamic version: ChoozeYourSnooze-3.0.5-2.zip

2/1/2012 : Both Patches are now updated for webOS 3.0.5.
    ChoozeYourSnooze-3.0.5-1.zip
    SetWeekView8am-3.0.5-1.zip

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I have created two new patches to improve the built in Calendar App. I do plan on eventually getting these into Preware but in the meantime you can get them direct from here. Both of these can be downloaded, unzipped, and installed with WebOS Quick Install.

The first patch is ChoozeYourSnooze (webOS 3.0.4). This patch allows you to choose how long to snooze calendar event popup reminders. It has almost all of the same options as Outlook. The only problem I currently have is that the popup list is restricted to the size of the containing window which makes it awfully small. The only other option would be to make the reminder window at least half of the length of the screen to give enough room. See below for the screenshots, try it out and let me know what you think.

The second patch is SetWeekView8am (webOS 3.0.4). When you open the Week View in calendar this will default to show 8am to 5pm instead of current time. This is more for people who have all of their meetings normally in the 8 to 5 window.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Maverickz; 02/02/2012 at 11:28 AM.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

tobeaman likes this.
    Just installed ChooseYourSnooze. I understand about the size limitation, but it has to be better than not having any snooze options. We'll see how it goes.

I didn't install the SetWeekView8am, because I am not one of those people whose appointments are primarily betwee 8 and 5 -- my appointments are all over the place, at any time between 5am and 11pm, so I like that the week view displays at the current time, so I can continue to see what is coming next in my evening and night. However, I can definitely see how this would be useful for certain people.

Thanks again for your interest and willingness to put your creativity to work.
    ToBeAMan

I feel like I've come full circle:
    HP Ipaq > Palm Pilot > Palm Pre (Sprint) > HPalm Pre 2 (VZW) and HP TouchPad
  3.    #3  
    Due to the fact that the Calendar app was moved to a new location on the Touchpad we have to wait for the patching tools to get an update before new patches for the Calendar can be released. Once these tools get updated I will be updating these patches.
    Patches from Maverickz:

Looking forward to your "Choose your Snooze" patch; you should see how long I postpone my reminders in MS Outlook. I have some from events 234 weeks ago, so you can imagine I'll find it helpful to snooze more than a few minutes on the TouchPad!
  5.    #5  
    Both Patches are now updated for webOS 3.0.5.

ChoozeYourSnooze-3.0.5-1.zip
    SetWeekView8am-3.0.5-1.zip

I apologize for the delay. I was trying to get the Snooze window to dynamically update the size to allow the dropdown list to expand downward without having the alert take up the whole screen all of the time. Unfortunately it seems you can only set the size of that window when it is opened. So I was faced with the decision to make the Alert windows always take up half the height of the screen to allow the dropdown list to have more room to expand, OR leave it how it was in the 3.0.4 version. For now the new version is exactly like the 3.0.4 version.

I am going to continue trying to make the window size more dynamically so check back periodically and see if I am successful.

Thanks for your patience and support.
    Patches from Maverickz:

6.    #6  
    NEW VERSION of ChoozeYourSnooze: PLEASE READ FULL DESCRIPTION BEFORE USE:
    This version of CYS does expand the ReminderAlert window...sort of dynamically. The Alert will pop up normal size, then when you click the Drop down list (with the snooze times) the window will close, and reopen in a longer format to allow the list to properly expand. You will then have to click the list a second time to get it to actually expand, but you have a lot more room to scroll the options. IF you do not like the thought of having to click the drop down list twice, please use the previous version released earlier today. Here is the dynamic version: ChoozeYourSnooze-3.0.5-2.zip
    Patches from Maverickz: