1.    #1  
    I have the newest version of webos installed, and i uninstalled preware in order to add the beta feed to it, and when i went to reinstall it via webos quickinstall, it does not show up, anyone have any ideas?
    you don't want to be in usb mode, but you do need to be in developer mode
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you don't want to be in usb mode, but you do need to be in developer mode
    yeah, i understand, this isn't my first day, applications, patches, themes, etc etc, show up, but preware is absent from the list of apps, and i can't find the ipk file anywhere online, and i dont have a phone i can pull it off and repackage it for my touchpad.
    You sure you dont have it installed?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    You sure you dont have it installed?
    its kind of strange, i installed it via command line and it said it was already installed, BUT in device management in webos quickinstall it did not show it being installed, and it didnt show up on my touchpad, so something strange happened.
    Just being pedantic here...
    1. Go to Launcher > Settings > Software Manager
    2. Check in the list of installed apps, if Preware is listed.
    3. If yes, type preware in "Just Type"
    4. Else, as Cantaffordit mentioned make sure you are not connecting in USB mode
    5. If the above did not help, restart touchpad and try again.
    Did you restart your device? You shouldn't have to, but sometimes, you have to.
    Im having an odd issue with Preware as well. My TP and my wife's Pixi updated to Preware 1.9.1 but my MetaDoc Pre Minus with 2.1 installed still has version 1.8.7 and shows no update available.
    Quote Originally Posted by smcbeaven View Post
    I have the newest version of webos installed, and i uninstalled preware in order to add the beta feed to it, and when i went to reinstall it via webos quickinstall, it does not show up, anyone have any ideas?
    I just had the same problem. Turns out the Preware packages weren't removed properly. In WOQIS, you can remove it via the Tools/Device Management, and after that, it will show up as available for installation again.