1.    #1  
    OK. What I'd like to do is a little unusual. Imagine you are off-line with no internet for an extended period of time and the only media you have available is what you bring with you. If you have a laptop, a big external drive and a TP with you, you can use the laptop to regularly shuffle new content onto the TP from that external USB drive. But you need to bring a laptop along to do the transfer. What I'd like to do is the same thing - but use the TP to directly access an external USB drive and leave the laptop at home.

I understand that the TP is not able to power a USB drive most likely, but the TP USB power supply I am already bringing could connect to one of those two headed USB cables to provide power to the external drive.

In theory, the TP ought to be able to do this, even if it doesn't have the requisite drivers out of the box.

My question is - has anybody already figured out whether this can be done or not?
    nope, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamw23 View Post
    OK. What I'd like to do is a little unusual. Imagine you are off-line with no internet for an extended period of time and the only media you have available is what you bring with you. If you have a laptop, a big external drive and a TP with you, you can use the laptop to regularly shuffle new content onto the TP from that external USB drive. But you need to bring a laptop along to do the transfer. What I'd like to do is the same thing - but use the TP to directly access an external USB drive and leave the laptop at home.

I understand that the TP is not able to power a USB drive most likely, but the TP USB power supply I am already bringing could connect to one of those two headed USB cables to provide power to the external drive.

In theory, the TP ought to be able to do this, even if it doesn't have the requisite drivers out of the box.

My question is - has anybody already figured out whether this can be done or not?
    Is this a 3.5" hard drive or a 2.5" hard drive? Check the two links before:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...rite-ntfs.html
    It is possible to create a "small" hub to power an external drive.