1.    #1  
    --**Seems i may have placed the original thread in the wrong location.**--

any chance of us getting a Skype auto answer function patch ability?

basically I would like to place my 2 touchpads in certain areas of my house. I would like Skype to automatically Connect to me calling it from my phone so I can check on my dogs while I'm gone all day, I'm sure they would and I would appreciate it very much. The auto video call built into Skype wasn't what I thought it was.
    Last edited by jbg22003; 11/22/2011 at 05:31 AM. Reason: needed to add patch request
    At first I thought this was a good idea. Then I realized how easy it would be to monitor a webcam remotely with spashtop. Or any of the other remote desktop apps. The preware app "Home Control" might be better too. Anything would be better than trying to use the touchpad camera for home monitoring.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I still think its a good idea for really novice users. Eg grandparents
    you can use it to keep an eye on them if the touchpad is placed on a touchstone

Regular users would be better off with a home PC and skype auto-answer
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle3om View Post
    At first I thought this was a good idea. Then I realized how easy it would be to monitor a webcam remotely with spashtop. Or any of the other remote desktop apps. The preware app "Home Control" might be better too. Anything would be better than trying to use the touchpad camera for home monitoring.
    i'd be grateful if you could. i mainly would like to call the touchpad and get my pets all excited.. sorry if it sounds cheesy.. anyone else enjoy calling there pets when they arrive home and having them go wild?
    Just to add my voice, I'd like this as well (for the same reasons as the OP). Could be a lot of fun with the dog (and relatively safe if you can allow auto-answer only for certain contacts, or only your Skype contacts).
    I would love to see this too. My thought was to mount this on the wall and then just dial the house when i am not home. It would auto answer so that if they didn't hear it I would still be able to make contact.