Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
    thank you so much, this makes so much difference
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibo View Post
    if the initial post from isagar2004 has been removed, is there a place where I can find the *.keypatch files... If I'm lucky there will be a French one, otherwise this will help me building my own patch...
    It hasn't been removed at all.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Just curious, do you plan to add this to the repository so those of us without computers (lol) can install this directly with Preware or WOSQI? (it went in fine, btw) :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Thx. Obvously the post is here, and updated as well, and with the new keyborards layout, including the AZERTY I was hoping for.
    Slight problem though: when I click on the link
    arrows.keypatch.zip (IPK) - with arrow keys - Regular QWERTY, QWERTZ and AZERTY keyboards with arrow keys on the sides of the numbers row for those who wants to patch them all. Patches the QWERTY, QWERTZ and AZERTY layouts.
    which seems the one I need, I am sent to Mediafire whcih telles me that the file is protected against read:
    This file is currently set to private.
    Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Does the stock virtual keyboard have a single tap/touch for 'Shift/Caps Lock'.. or a double tap? In other words:

1). Touch to shift.. 'untouch' to unshift or..
    2). Tap to shift and then tap again to 'unshift'?

I have only recently noticed that I appear to be 'stuck' with the latter config (2) since installing and sampling the 3 arrow key patch versions/methods here? I prefer the former (1)!
    The blue highlight on 'shift key' used, I thought, to indicate 'lock' only via double tap? It now appears to lock on caps with only a single tap anyway and yet also not 'blue-highlight' until a further double tap.

Minor glitch?

Can anyone with a stock keyboard and who has not yet installed the 'with arrows' patch please verify?

Hope this is clear.

Thanks!

No change in behavior on my keyboard, whether patched or not (though I've not used Jason's .ipk method, only the original patch.sh method). A single tap shifts the next key pressed, then reverts to unshifted. Holding shift works as expected, shifting all keys pressed until shift is released. Double-tapping shift engages Caps-Lock (which is not the same as shift lock), and lights the shift keys blue, and a further single-tap disengages Caps-Lock.

All exactly as expected.
    Thx. Obvously the post is here, and updated as well, and with the new keyborards layout, including the AZERTY I was hoping for.
    Slight problem though: when I click on the link
    arrows.keypatch.zip (IPK) - with arrow keys - Regular QWERTY, QWERTZ and AZERTY keyboards with arrow keys on the sides of the numbers row for those who wants to patch them all. Patches the QWERTY, QWERTZ and AZERTY layouts.
    which seems the one I need, I am sent to Mediafire whcih telles me that the file is protected against read:
    This file is currently set to private.
    Am I missing something?
    That's weird. I'm looking into it right now.
    webOS Scrollbars

That's weird. I'm looking into it right now.
    FWIW: The norwegian downloads fine
    FWIW: The norwegian downloads fine
    Even weirder. It seems like someone took over my account.
    I'm trying the password reset right now, will keep you posted.

EDIT: I have my account back. Try downloading it now.
    webOS Scrollbars

Even weirder. It seems like someone took over my account.
    I'm trying the password reset right now, will keep you posted.

EDIT: I have my account back. Try downloading it now.
    Downloaded IPK fine.
    Currently installing, and spending the expected 10 minutes to send you a donation: better to spend some money that go on shouting and crying at an arrowless keyboard!

EDIT: N de confirmation Paypal: 982888176A969634G
    Last edited by Fibo; 11/19/2011 at 06:45 PM.
    The thumb keypatch is still locked...
    Downloaded IPK fine.
    Currently installing, and spending the expected 10 minutes to send you a donation: better to spend some money that go on shouting and crying at an arrowless keyboard!
    Thank you very much for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by azad2002 View Post
    The thumb keypatch is still locked...
    Yeah, sorry about that. It should work now.
    webOS Scrollbars

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    No change in behavior on my keyboard, whether patched or not (though I've not used Jason's .ipk method, only the original patch.sh method). A single tap shifts the next key pressed, then reverts to unshifted. Holding shift works as expected, shifting all keys pressed until shift is released. Double-tapping shift engages Caps-Lock (which is not the same as shift lock), and lights the shift keys blue, and a further single-tap disengages Caps-Lock.

All exactly as expected.
    Thanks alot for your good feedback!
    I did use Jason's ipk method also.. so will 'undo' that and check it all out again!

EDIT: Later.. All good now anyway. Perhaps I had tried to install one package over another?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/21/2011 at 02:53 AM.
    I tried making a new keyboard layout that changed the bottom row of keys, and my changes were completely ignored. The changes to all the other rows were fine, but the bottom row remained stock. Has anyone else tried changing the bottom row?
    Thanks again. It was way easier to send the command lines in Novacom then typing in the c prompt. Plus I have installed the Just Charge default from Preware which cause it to quickly hide the Close button on USB connection. Until I uninstall Just Charge default, then I was able to click Close and reconnect to my TP via Novacom terminal. Many thanks.
    I was having issues connecting to my TP, until I remember during my Preware install I also install "Just Charge default" app. This was causing me to miss the Close button every time the USB connection came on. Until I uninstall it I was able to click Close and reconnect to my TP via Novaterm terminal. Thanks again. Also, do you know anything about the Hulu Fix. The feed is outdated.
    beautiful extension to the keyboard. thank you so much. working great here.
    Is this correct ?
    When I download the qwertyarrows.zip file it comes up as html file

any thoughts
    A very helpful addition. I install using the 'manual' method in the original post so that I could use the layout in #112. About five minutes for the update. Kudos to both.

Doc
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    As mentioned in the OP those are the Home and End keys respectively. I haven't found a way to change the labels yet. They seem to be using certain character codes for the specific font that the kb uses. It might be possible to modify the font and change those keys.
    I don't think its just the font that defines the look of the keys.

For most of the keys that would be true but the enter, tab, shift, 2nd key on the bottom row that switches the keyboard, and last key that dismisses the keyboard must have their visual appearance defined by some other means.

I've looked through the enyo framework for something that defines the visual aspects of the keyboard but so far I haven't found anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecotone951 View Post
    I don't think its just the font that defines the look of the keys.

For most of the keys that would be true but the enter, tab, shift, 2nd key on the bottom row that switches the keyboard, and last key that dismisses the keyboard must have their visual appearance defined by some other means.

I've looked through the enyo framework for something that defines the visual aspects of the keyboard but so far I haven't found anything.
    And you won't find it because it's hardcoded in LunaSysMgr, so the only workaround (other than just sit and wait for HP to hardcode Home and End to) is to add "Home" and "End" glyphs to the system font.
    webOS Scrollbars

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast