Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by tm515 View Post
    Thanks for easy to follow patch instruction. Great modification on the stock kb. Works fine mostly (Just Type, Quick Office, Browser) however in Picsel Smart Office none of the new arrow key function (including up, down, left, right, home and end button on the symbol keyboard layout) work as they should. There is no response when the new arrow keys are pressed in Picsel Smart Office.

Is it only me or other are also experience the same?
    I have heard that about Picsel. The only explanation is that Picsel uses some modified input code that does not have the codes for arrows.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

i was going through the procedure until i came across typing :
    Create a template file by typing sh patch.sh generate and press Enter. it seems to give me a message saying:
    sh: can't open 'patch.sh'
    Can someone please help me
    Thanks a lot - This is very useful mod that fills a big shortcoming on the tablet.
    I left you a donation.
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammo View Post
    i was going through the procedure until i came across typing :
    Create a template file by typing sh patch.sh generate and press Enter. it seems to give me a message saying:
    Can someone please help me
    Does that answers your question?

Quote Originally Posted by spierce617 View Post
    I am having some trouble. Unable to open patch,sh

C:\Users\Pierce\Desktop>"C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc/novacom.exe" -d 69377955e390
    fc4d94cd5edbde597b463bb32c1d -t open tty://
    ←[Jroot@ShawnsHPTouchPad:/# cd /media/internal/keypatch
    cd /media/internal/keypatch
    root@ShawnsHPTouchPad:/media/internal/keypatch#
    root@ShawnsHPTouchPad:/media/internal/keypatch# sh patch.sh generate
    sh patch.sh generate

Can anybody help me?
    Quote Originally Posted by spierce617 View Post
    Got it figured out. When I unzipped it it made another file called keypatch inside the keypatch file. Thank you for your help.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Here's a simplified way to install the keyboard mod. Inside the attached the zip you'll find ipk that you can install via WOSQI.

It's about as straight-forward an installation as I could make it; installing the ipk installs the qwerty arrow keyboard layout. Uninstalling reverts back to normal keyboard layout. The data and template settings are all hidden behind-the-scenes, with no keypatch files in /media/internal/

If you want to install the version of the keyboard mod, but have the previous commandline one already installed, you need to uninstall that one first.

Lastly, I do not recommend installing this ipk with Preware nor Internalz Pro, for the same reason Xterm wasn't recommended with the commandline version: the installation/uninstallation needs to stop/start and edit the LunaSysMgr interface, which itself kills any running webOS apps.

NOTE: You must uninstall this package before any OTA webOS update
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 11/17/2011 at 07:28 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Fibo likes this.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Thank you Jason.
    Can this be adapted for our french AZERTY keyboard layouts.
    How can, it be done?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Here's a simplified way to install the keyboard mod. Inside the attached the zip you'll find ipk that you can install via WOSQI.

It's about as straight-forward an installation as I could make it; installing the ipk installs the qwerty arrow keyboard layout. Uninstalling reverts back to normal keyboard layout. The data and template settings are all hidden behind-the-scenes, with no keypatch files in /media/internal/

If you want to install the version of the keyboard mod, but have the previous commandline one already installed, you need to uninstall that one first.

Lastly, I do not recommend installing this ipk with Preware nor Internalz Pro, for the same reason Xterm wasn't recommended with the commandline version: the installation/uninstallation needs to stop/start and edit the LunaSysMgr interface, which itself kills any running webOS apps.
    Can you share the method of the packing?
    webOS Scrollbars

Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Can you share the method of the packing?
    I used https://code.google.com/p/ipk-packager/ along with custom postinst and prerm scripts. Feel free to use 7Zip to see the specifics (look in the control.tar.gz for those scripts, and check out data.tar.gz for the files in the package).

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

I used https://code.google.com/p/ipk-packager/ along with custom postinst and prerm scripts. Feel free to use 7Zip to see the specifics (look in the control.tar.gz for those scripts, and check out data.tar.gz for the files in the package).
    The first thing I did was looking into the ipk, guessing that you've used postins and prerm scripts, but I can only see the data archive.
    webOS Scrollbars

Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    The first thing I did was looking into the ipk, guessing that you've used postins and prerm scripts, but I can only see the data archive.
    You're probably using a newer version of 7Zip. Look for v4.65 of 7Zip as that'll fully work with ipk files

[EDIT: I've reposted this info in a dedicated thread at http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...rd-layout.html so that things here don't go too off-topic of this single particular keyboard layout release]

Here's the basic template so anyone can make an ipk file for any keyboard layout:
    1. Download the attached ipk template and extract it anywhere you want.
    2. Open up the "keypatch" folder and put your layout json file in that folder.
    3. Go back out of the "keypatch" folder and open the "postinst" file in any text editor you want. Edit the last line to replace "qwertyarrows.json" with whatever your layout json's filename is.
    4. Download and run Ipk Packager
    5. Click the "..." button next to Folder textbox. Then navigate to and select the "keypatch" folder.
    6. Put this in the "Destination on device" textbox:
      Code:
      usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.keyboard-layout-mod
    7. Now all you need to do is click the "Create IPK File" button and you'll have your ipk, which you can install with WOSQI (with the same details/restrictions as I stated in my earlier release post of the qwerty layout ipk)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 11/17/2011 at 08:15 AM.

I know it will vary by machine, but about how long should this take to install Jason? WOSQI's "installing" busy indicator has been whirring for quite a while. My assumption with your ipk was that all I needed to do was set my Touchpad in developer mode and move the jar file to WOSQI's install list. Am I missing something?
    Last edited by bowportes; 11/17/2011 at 07:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowportes View Post
    I know it will very by machine, but about how long should this take to install Jason? WOSQI's "installing" busy indicator has been whirring for quite a while. My assumption with your ipk was that all I needed to do was set my Touchpad in developer mode and move the jar file to WOSQI's install list. Am I missing something?
    Yea, it can take 10min. Just go get a coffee, cattch up on some reading, or watch some tv for a bit. Just please don't ctrl-alt-del force-close WOSQI while it's installing or you will probably encounter issues

Yea, it can take 10min. Just go get a coffee, cattch up on some reading, or watch some tv for a bit. Just please don't ctrl-alt-del force-close WOSQI while it's installing or you will probably encounter issues
    Sorry... I grew impatient and naively closed the jar file process from the Windows Task Manager, assuming that I had done something wrong by not rebooting my Touchpad after putting it in Developer Mode. Rebooted the Touchpad and then restarted the WOSQI jar app. Fortunately, it installed perfectly in spite of my impetuosity. Thanks to everyone for this... I had been waiting for something like this for awhile.
    It's interesting to me that this solution was preferred to Splashtop's alternate keyboard layout, which has all four arrow keys above the row of numeric keys, in addition to control, alt, etc. I recognize that those keys are interfacing with Windows rather than the TP, but found them to be an elegant solution for cursor movement, CTRL-C, CTRL-V, etc. Maybe Splashtop is generating a completely different virtual keyboard rather than patching the TP's original one.
    Also regarding keyboards... Does anyone have any idea whether Picsel Smartoffice plans to release an update that enables cursor keys? It's pretty bizarre that even the BT keyboard's arrow keys don't work in an office app.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowportes View Post
    It's interesting to me that this solution was preferred to Splashtop's alternate keyboard layout, which has all four arrow keys above the row of numeric keys, in addition to control, alt, etc. I recognize that those keys are interfacing with Windows rather than the TP, but found them to be an elegant solution for cursor movement, CTRL-C, CTRL-V, etc. Maybe Splashtop is generating a completely different virtual keyboard rather than patching the TP's original one.
    If I had to guess, SplashTop looks like a hybrid html/pdk app. They probably made the top keyboard bar out of html within their app, not the webOS system itself. Moreover, there are html/enyo trigger to call for a copy/paste event, which is probably what it's bound to.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    SORELY needed!!!!

Donation on the way.

Thanks!
    Just had the chance to install this. Works great! I installed by copying the files via scp, and then sshing to the touchpad. Works fine using that method. We don't need no steenkin' wires or special software!
    : (){:|:&};:
    knownboyofno likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Just had the chance to install this. Works great! I installed by copying the files via scp, and then sshing to the touchpad. Works fine using that method. We don't need no steenkin' wires or special software!
    Exactly, how I did it! Works wonderfully!
    Looks great...just tried it but it did not work. I am using the German setup (qwertz keyboard)...I suppose it will only work with US qwerty, right? Any chance to get a patch for other keyboards such as qwertz? That would be a great extension... Thx!
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Thanks for making this an even easier process. Can this package be uninstalled on the Touchpad (e.g. with Preware) or do I have to uninstall it using WOSQI?
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Thanks for making this an even easier process. Can this package be uninstalled on the Touchpad (e.g. with Preware) or do I have to uninstall it using WOSQI?
    should use WOSQI. On-device won't work as Luna stopping/starting kills all active webOS apps

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast