Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    The "generate" command is completely unnecessary step that just slows down the patching process.
    Actually for me it was. None of the patches I tried to apply...even the patches I got from your thread...would actually changed anything until I ran the generate command. Then they all worked perfectly. I posted about this in your thread. The script did seem to complete and return an OK, but after Luna restart nothing had changed.

It may work for some without running generate, but if the patch seems to run ok but doesn't seem to actually change anything, then try running generate then rerunning the patch.

NOTE: the generate command should only have to be run once not every time you patch. It will not have to be run again until the version of webOS changes then you will need to generate a new template.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by lagreat View Post
    Nice addition to TP. Installed with novaterm and installed without issues. On to testing now. When choosing +=[] what are the two vertical rectangle keys used for (2 between '~' and '<')
    BTW, will this ever make to Preware for ease of installation? Just wondering.
    Thanks.
    As mentioned in the OP those are the Home and End keys respectively. I haven't found a way to change the labels yet. They seem to be using certain character codes for the specific font that the kb uses. It might be possible to modify the font and change those keys.
    Patches from Maverickz:

Outstanding! Very clear and easy to use instructions.

It's a thing of beauty.
    I am having some trouble. Unable to open patch,sh

C:\Users\Pierce\Desktop>"C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc/novacom.exe" -d 69377955e390
    fc4d94cd5edbde597b463bb32c1d -t open tty://
    ←[Jroot@ShawnsHPTouchPad:/# cd /media/internal/keypatch
    cd /media/internal/keypatch
    root@ShawnsHPTouchPad:/media/internal/keypatch#
    root@ShawnsHPTouchPad:/media/internal/keypatch# sh patch.sh generate
    sh patch.sh generate
    sh: can't open 'patch.sh'

Can anybody help me?
    Quote Originally Posted by spierce617 View Post
    I am having some trouble. Unable to open patch,sh

C:\Users\Pierce\Desktop>"C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc/novacom.exe" -d 69377955e390
    fc4d94cd5edbde597b463bb32c1d -t open tty://
    ←[Jroot@ShawnsHPTouchPad:/# cd /media/internal/keypatch
    cd /media/internal/keypatch
    root@ShawnsHPTouchPad:/media/internal/keypatch# sh patch.sh generate
    sh patch.sh generate
    sh: can't open 'patch.sh'

Can anybody help me?
    make sure the patch.sh file is in that folder and that it's not 0-bytes in size
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    make sure the patch.sh file is in that folder and that it's not 0-bytes in size
    Got it figured out. When I unzipped it it made another file called keypatch inside the keypatch file. Thank you for your help.
    Nice work, Maverick, BUT....

If there was SOME way to get this done as a Preware patch, EVEN with a "two part" patch due to the apparent need to do a Luna Restart mid-script, that would be MUCH appreciated.

I *know* that patches are going to "break" with WebOS updates etc, but atleast with Preware, as they get updated, reinstalling them isnt a MAJOR PITA (given the number of patches I have installed).
    Does this work with a UK keyboard?
    Please make it installable via Preware...
    Vas
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by fsx100 View Post
    Nice work, Maverick, BUT....

If there was SOME way to get this done as a Preware patch, EVEN with a "two part" patch due to the apparent need to do a Luna Restart mid-script, that would be MUCH appreciated.

I *know* that patches are going to "break" with WebOS updates etc, but atleast with Preware, as they get updated, reinstalling them isnt a MAJOR PITA (given the number of patches I have installed).
    I have contacted the creator of Preware and he is going to do dome tests to see if this can get added to Preware or not. We will keep you posted.
    Patches from Maverickz:

10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Does this work with a UK keyboard?
    Please make it installable via Preware...
    Vas
    To be honest I have no idea what the differences are between a US kb and a UK kb. It might put some keys in slightly different locations (such as swapping the $ and the symbols) otherwise it should work. You can try it and if you don't like it, just run sh patch.sh revert to put it back and then send me the template created in the generate step and I'll make a UK specific version.
    Patches from Maverickz:

Awesome patch!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by randalldreynolds View Post
    ok you lost me here:
    - Open a command window using novaterm or WOSQI. In novaterm, click the File menu and select "Connect". In WOSQI click the Tools menu and select "Linux Commandline".
    I have preware installed and cm7 but not sure how I kick off noaterm

sorry
    You need the SDK to run novaterm. Just use the directions for webos quick install(WOSQI) linux commandline
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Can this patch be added to the Preware feed so it is easy to do OTA and for folks that are not technically minded?
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by bedhan View Post
    Can this patch be added to the Preware feed so it is easy to do OTA and for folks that are not technically minded?
    I have contacted the creator of Preware and he is going to do dome tests to see if this can get added to Preware or not. We will keep you posted.
    Patches from Maverickz:

I like this setup. BUT, I have both Hebrew and Arabic keyboards in addition to the standard English; so I use the button that is now missing ("En") to switch between keyboards. I used a "keypatch" file to install the Hebrew keyboard, and I had to replace the libwebkitluna.so file as well as a couple of others for the Arabic. I'm utilizing all three layouts the TP comes with (qwerty, qwertz and azerty). So, I'm wondering if I can install this patch without destroying my current installation. My guess is not.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Thanks for this patch. I am able to install it successfully!
    I guess we should ask for a French Keyboard too then
    Merci!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    I'm not the creator of Preware (that's the folks at WebOS-Internals) however myself and Maverickz have been chatting over PM and later this morning I'll be running some tests at making a packaged version
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thanks for easy to follow patch instruction. Great modification on the stock kb. Works fine mostly (Just Type, Quick Office, Browser) however in Picsel Smart Office none of the new arrow key function (including up, down, left, right, home and end button on the symbol keyboard layout) work as they should. There is no response when the new arrow keys are pressed in Picsel Smart Office.

Is it only me or other are also experience the same?
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'm not the creator of Preware (that's the folks at WebOS-Internals) however myself and Maverickz have been chatting over PM and later this morning I'll be running some tests at making a packaged version
    Sorry, the creator of WOSKI.
    Patches from Maverickz:

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast