Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
    Thanks it worked great. The patching process was slow, but having arrow keys and easier copy and paste is worth it.
    When I get to the very last step, I get the following error message:

ERROR: Layout file does not exist.

I checked the Keypatch directory and all of the files are there, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

Pete

PS - I am running on v3.0.4
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Too cool. Installed it with webOS Quick Install.

Really straight forward, installed with no problems.

Interestingly enough, dosen't work with Picsal's Smart office. The arrows show up, but don't respond. Makes my think they use a replacement keyboard. (could explain why the 'smart typing' doesn't work for Smart Office.)

But does work with Quickoffice and Beta typewriter.
    Last edited by dmklein; 11/17/2011 at 05:01 AM.
    Maverickz, much appreciated. Now if you know anything about adding a scroll bar to webOS you will have my and all who wish it un dieing love and $$
    Quote Originally Posted by calipete View Post
    When I get to the very last step, I get the following error message:

ERROR: Layout file does not exist.

I checked the Keypatch directory and all of the files are there, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

Pete

PS - I am running on v3.0.4
    Are you giving the template file enough time to 'generate' before 'applying'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Are you giving the template file enough time to 'generate' before 'applying'?
    Yes, that part executes correctly, as far as I can tell.
    and I can now see 304.template.json in the directory
    Does this patch add any functionality to the arrow keys on the bluetooth keyboard?
    -- Andrew Rich

All statements and opinions in the above post are mine and not necessarily those of my employer.
    Yes, that part executes correctly, as far as I can tell.
    The "generate" command is completely unnecessary step that just slows down the patching process.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    and I can now see 304.template.json in the directory
    I had same problem. Had to drag qwertyarrows.json file into keypatch bfolder before moving it onto touchpad.
    I am not seeeing a qwetyarrows.json file anywhere..not in the download, not on my TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by buck42kid View Post
    I had same problem. Had to drag qwertyarrows.json file into keypatch bfolder before moving it onto touchpad.
    From the OP @ #1:

- Download the qwertyarrows.zip file from the link at the end of this post.
    - Unzip the qwertyarrows.zip file into the keypatch folder created earlier.

I am not seeeing a qwetyarrows.json file anywhere..not in the download, not on my TP.
    you have to go to the bottom of his original post and download the second zip file to get it.
    If you'll read the instructions again, you'll find out that you have to download the qwertyarrows file separately and copy it into the keypatch folder.
    Anyway, if you're having problems, try using the qwertyarr package in the original keyboard layouts patches thread (the link is in my signature).
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    thanks, is it possible to have a ".com" "@" sign on all the time, instead of just email fields?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Doh! #FAIL I'll get right on it, sirs...

It went a lot better on my OTHER Touchpad

Sorry for the trouble. -Pete
    Last edited by calipete; 11/16/2011 at 08:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Nice addition to TP. Installed with novaterm and installed without issues. On to testing now. When choosing +=[] what are the two vertical rectangle keys used for (2 between '~' and '<')
    BTW, will this ever make to Preware for ease of installation? Just wondering.
    Thanks.
    Awesome work.

Donated 5$, hope others do the same.

Well worth it !
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

If you like the help I am providing
    Support my work:

19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRich View Post
    Does this patch add any functionality to the arrow keys on the bluetooth keyboard?
    No. I don't have a BT keyboard but I had heard that the arrow keys on BT keyboards already worked, which is how I knew the OS could recognize keystrokes to move the cursor. It was just a matter of finding them. I have also heard that BT keyboards do NOT allow for cut/copy/paste using Ctrl + X/C/V so I doubt that it will currently be possible to add that via the virtual kb.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Quote Originally Posted by lagreat View Post
    Nice addition to TP. Installed with novaterm and installed without issues. On to testing now. When choosing +=[] what are the two vertical rectangle keys used for (2 between '~' and '<')
    BTW, will this ever make to Preware for ease of installation? Just wondering.
    Thanks.
    'home' and 'end'
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast