Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
    Looks good - just need to remember how to activate developer mode on my Pre3!

Any tips?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    Unfortunately the way we patch the keyboard, it is not possible to change the colors or graphics associated with it. We can change which key is assigned to which letter, how wide a key is (4 options), or hide a key. That's about it.

Otherwise, I do agree that a darker background would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    OK.. I just assumed that as the 'Glass' Themes appeared to have altered the graphics of your excellent 'qyarrowsrighthe' patch format (as per screenshots @ #337), that it was also possible for 'you' do to similar!

Thanks anyway.. and I am glad you are at least in agreement about an improved darker background!

Perhaps the Theme Creators can offer the 'rounded' key graphics (on their dark background) as an option also/instead!

~~~
    It is possible to change the appearance of the virtual keyboard because it uses some png graphics stored in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/keyboard-tablet.
    All you have to do to change the virtual keyboard appearance is edit these png files.
    I can change the script so it could do it automatically using a graphics pack attached in the patch package, but I think that its right place is inside a theme package, not inside a keyboard patch package.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 04/25/2012 at 07:39 AM.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Mutoidi likes this.
  3.    #343  
    I have not worked with webOS themes, so I am not sure what is and is no possible with those. Yes you can edit the .png files to change the way the keys look but that does not change the background color of the kb as was being requested. I do agree that graphical changes belong in a theme and not a layout patch though.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

I have not worked with webOS themes, so I am not sure what is and is no possible with those. Yes you can edit the .png files to change the way the keys look but that does not change the background color of the kb as was being requested. I do agree that graphical changes belong in a theme and not a layout patch though.
    The file keyboard-bg.png in that folder is responsible for the keyboard background. So yes, it is possible to change the keyboard background too.
    webOS Scrollbars

5.    #345  
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    The file keyboard-bg.png in that folder is responsible for the keyboard background. So yes, it is possible to change the keyboard background too.
    Guess I didn't notice that file. lol.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Some different colored keyboards would be nice, if that's what we're getting at here.....with the ability to change them on the fly with Tweaks.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Some different colored keyboards would be nice, if that's what we're getting at here.....with the ability to change them on the fly with Tweaks.

Whoo! That's jumping ahead of my meager little request somewhat.. as I feel that even a dark black background 'option' to the excellent (webOS style) VKBs offered by 'Maverickz' would be a really 'classy' addition just on it's own.. but different coloured keyboards.. now you're tripping me out, man! I reckon ANY colour would look better against a Jet Black, than against that same old 'HP Grey'!

Many Thanks!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 04/11/2012 at 03:47 PM.
    Guess I didn't notice that file. lol.

Conveniently?
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Replaced the above stock png file with this edited Black one.. and after a reboot the HP VKB is already looking much 'fresher' than before! Nice!

Attaching both a screenshot and also the new Black 'keyboard-bg.png' file used.

Thanks Guys... & 'Isagar2004'!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 04/17/2012 at 04:30 PM.
    i'm trying to tweak the thumb keyboard but i'm getting the error: replace data doesn't match length. I've rechecked my json a lot of times and I just can't find what's wrong with it. Can someone please take a look at it?. It's here at http://pastebin.com/KixaRTXC

UPDATE: must have been tired. my sets are way off. going to fix it now.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by leslie7622; 04/25/2012 at 09:05 AM.
    Hi guys,

So I loved the thumb keyboard but missed the numbers line in the old keyboard layout so I decided to customize gerzhwin's to accommodate for one. I also added arrow keys in the extension set of 1 and 0. I just couldn't fit in actual arrow buttons. Anyway, I'm just going to share it in case anyone out there is feeling the same way as I did. If anyone is interested, I did document my learning of the whole process. Shoot me a pm if you're interested.

UPDATE: the ipk that i made does not seem to work. I'm still going to include it because it worked for me in the past and it might work for someone else.

instructions to install the non-ipk zip

1. plug touchpad into laptop/pc and put touchpad into usb mode
    2. unzip contents of the zip file into touchpad (there should be a folder called keypatch in the touchpad in the end)
    3. disable usb mode by ejecting the touchpad in My computer. Do not unplug.
    4. install and open webosquickinstall
    5. go to tools/linux command line
    6. navigate to keypatch folder through the command "cd /media/internal/keypatch"
    7. type "sh patch.sh generate" and press enter
    8. type " sh patch.sh patch qwert-thumb-numbers-arrows.json and press Enter.
    9. wait about 10 minutes for the patching process to finish.
    10. done
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by leslie7622; 05/28/2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: update
    @Mutodi, that's a nice clean look. So your homework for the rest of the day is to set up a color picker...something like this:

HTML Color Picker

then apply it (I'm no programmer, and don't pretend to be one) to tweaks so that you can change the background and keys independently.

I'd donate for that
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Replaced the above stock png file with this edited Black one.. and after a reboot the HP VKB is already looking much 'fresher' than before! Nice!

Attaching both a screenshot and also the new Black 'keyboard-bg.png' file used.

Thanks Guys... & 'Isagar2004'!

Looks nice.
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Quote Originally Posted by leslie7622 View Post
    Hi guys,

So I loved the thumb keyboard but missed the numbers line in the old keyboard layout so I decided to customize gerzhwin's to accommodate for one. I also added arrow keys in the extension set of 1 and 0. I just couldn't fit in actual arrow buttons.
    Thanks

Yeah, the possibilities are really limited at the moment. Hopefully we’ll get more control when open-sorced …
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    from a clean install, do we just install the ipk's? or do we need to do the rooting way then the ipk?
    Hi,
    I've just tried to install Polish layout, but have some problems. I've installed new layout using instructions from the first post. That was OK, but there were no Polish set. So I've got uninstalled it using command from the first post. Then I've tried to install proper ipk (polish-pelcu2_QWERTY_1.3.5.ipk) but have got some errors:

Could you help me to resolve my problem? Maybe it's possible to install Polish keyboard without using ipk?
    TIA
    Best regards,
    Krecony
    So I'm guessing changing colors of the keys themselves, the background, and the actual letters is not as simple as changing HTML codes? I've been going through the patch in Notepad++ and don't see anything in there. Someone mentioned the .png files, which from what I figure seems to be good for the backgrounds and keys themselves, but I need to change the letters as well. I want my TouchPad keyboard to look like this:

Can someone point me in the right direction?

and in changing the png files, I would have to use a photo editor or something of the like? gimp, paint etc?
    For the background png I simply cranked the 'contrast' to pure Black in an image editor, yes. 'ACDSee' on a PC I think.
    Changing the actual colours would probably require something more intricate.

Good luck!

Managed to get that figured out, I'd still like to know if it's possible to change the actual colors of the letters, Tab, Enter, etc.

I was looking through the .json files for the different keyboard layouts....maybe that's where you could add those HTML codes?

Thanks again Mutoidi.

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Managed to get that figured out, I'd still like to know if it's possible to change the actual colors of the letters, Tab, Enter, etc.
    Not without binary patching LunaSysMgr.
    webOS Scrollbars