Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
  1.    #321  
    Quote Originally Posted by FastCargo View Post
    Okay, I've got an odd one.

Installed the patch using the older method on 3.0.4. TP then updated to 3.0.5 on it's own (I have since disabled that feature...grrr), and of course, it went back to the stock keyboard.

Then attempted to use the uninstaller ipk method...no luck (either through Preware or WOSQI). No luck using using the old uninstaller method either. However, the old install method worked (through the WOSQI Terminal) using the updated keypatch and qwertyarrow zip files. I then was able to uninstall using the old method.

But this still didn't solve the ipk problems...the ipk method does not appear to work for me at all...installing or uninstalling.

Now, I can live with this because other ipk appear to work normally, and I can at least get the basic arrows through the old mehod and zip file.

My question is...if I went into the ipk files (I've already looked), could I use the older method to install the keyboards in the newer ipk files, just by transferring certain files within the ipk over?

FC
    1. Open Preware and go to "Installed Packages" then "Unknown".
    2. Look for the keyboard patch.
    3. If the patch is listed, then uninstall it via Preware.

Once you get the patch uninstalled OR if the patch is not listed then continue:

4. Pick one of the updated patches with "1.3.5" in the file name and install, either through WOSQI or put the .ipk file on the Touch Pad (USB or email) and install via Preware.

This has worked for most people.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Ah, that explains it...the ipk I originally used was version 1.0.1. When I did it with 1.3.5, it worked just fine.

Thank you...my wife and I are happy to have arrows back on our Touchpads!

FC
    I must be really thick so perhaps you could turn these instructions into an app.
    I do not seem to be able to get this load onto my HP Touchpad no matter how many times and ways I try to do it.
    any guidance would be helpful as I really want the arrow keys to work.
  4.    #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by njac50 View Post
    I must be really thick so perhaps you could turn these instructions into an app.
    I do not seem to be able to get this load onto my HP Touchpad no matter how many times and ways I try to do it.
    Pick one of the updated patches with "1.3.5" in the file name and install, either through WOSQI or put the .ipk file on the Touch Pad (USB or email) and install via Preware. Follow instructions in the SECOND post of this thread.

It might be helpful if you could explain the steps you are trying to do and we can see what part is wrong.
    Patches from Maverickz:

Quote Originally Posted by njac50 View Post
    @ NJAC:

Then we are both thick. Both times (before 3.05) and this time it took forever, try after try. The ONLY method that worked for me this time was: (1) Downloading the ipk version of QWERTY keyboard #2-- the one with the arrows on the right, onto my computer, (2) e-mailing the ipk file (from inside the folder, of course) to myself, as an attachment, (3) opening the e-mail on my Touchpad, (4) tapping on the attachment and then installing it when the Preware installation page pops up.

Tried it with QWERTY #1--nada. Tried it with Preware and WOSQI and installing it via USB on the touchpad. And probably 16 other attempts in various ways over 3 days.

Hope this works for you.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Anyone have an "emergency" patch or method to restore the original keyboard? The uninstall ipk can't remove the allkbarrowsleft.maverickz_1.3.5.ipk. It fails to find the backup files and dies. I'm using WebOS 3.0.5. I wanted to try the thumbs keyboard layout but I'm currently stuck.

Will the doctor fix this? I hate to go through this, but if I have to.

Thanks.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  7.    #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    Anyone have an "emergency" patch or method to restore the original keyboard? The uninstall ipk can't remove the allkbarrowsleft.maverickz_1.3.5.ipk. It fails to find the backup files and dies. I'm using WebOS 3.0.5. I wanted to try the thumbs keyboard layout but I'm currently stuck.

Will the doctor fix this? I hate to go through this, but if I have to.

Thanks.
    Patches from Maverickz:

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I installed this for the first time yesterday. I used the command prompt instructions; completely missed the second post of the thread! Works great. THANKS!

-X
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    I did that, but it failed as well. Now it doesn't show up in the installed list anymore but the arrow keyboard still lives on.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    When I open WOSQI on my PC, click the Tools menu and select "Linux Commandline" and
    at the "root@HPTabletDW:/#"....I type in " cd /media/internal/keypatch" and press "Enter"
    I receive a "cd /media/internal/keypatch/bin/sh: cd /media/internal/keypatch not found" error message.

I checked my HPT, keypatch folder is there, complete with files. Any idea???

root@HPTabletDW:/#
    Quote Originally Posted by gforcejunke View Post
    When I open WOSQI on my PC, click the Tools menu and select "Linux Commandline" and
    at the "root@HPTabletDW:/#"....I type in " cd /media/internal/keypatch" and press "Enter"
    I receive a "cd /media/internal/keypatch/bin/sh: cd /media/internal/keypatch not found" error message.

I checked my HPT, keypatch folder is there, complete with files. Any idea???

root@HPTabletDW:/#
    Do you get the same error message using Novacom?
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    Do you get the same error message using Novacom?
    Have not tried Novacom...how do I get there? What do I type in the command line? Sorry..pretty new to all of this.
    No prob. Look here:
    Changing keyboard layout on Touchpad - WebOS Internals

The info you need is under «Patching process».
    So I am getting to the command prompt and I am getting a permission denied error.

'media/internal/keypatch'

This is on both terminals.
    Quote Originally Posted by elektrolyte View Post
    So I am getting to the command prompt and I am getting a permission denied error.

'media/internal/keypatch'

This is on both terminals.
    Strange … If your TP is connected via Just Charge mode, I don’t know why you cant get access.
    Hello there,

I tried to install the pelcu patch on my TP running WebOS 3.0.5 with German language setting.

My keyboard is setup as qwerty, as I use on all my other machines (except Veer, hasone a qwerty EU one left ???).

If I run the installation via QuickInstall I get this error, please see attachment, I can not copy the text.

It would be fantastic having polish layout on my TP, I am learning this crazy language

Many thanks for any help,

LK
    Attached Images Attached Images
    May I suggest a dark (black) background-theme option for the VKB's available here?
    The contrast will be greatly improved as per the 'Glass Effect Suit (Charcoal)' Theme Manager keyboard option, but without the less aesthetic 'squared off' keys and instead using the original rounded HP keys.

So I prefer the darker background, but also with the rounded keys!

Couple of screenshots attached to clarify.

Thank you.

Attached Images Attached Images
  18.    #338  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebenskuenstler View Post
    Hello there,

I tried to install the pelcu patch on my TP running WebOS 3.0.5 with German language setting.

My keyboard is setup as qwerty, as I use on all my other machines (except Veer, hasone a qwerty EU one left ???).

If I run the installation via QuickInstall I get this error, please see attachment, I can not copy the text.

It would be fantastic having polish layout on my TP, I am learning this crazy language

Many thanks for any help,

LK
    Every time I have seen that error, it was due to the patch utility not making a template file. I am not the author of the tool and have no idea why this sometimes happens but the following instructions should fix it.

- Download keypatch.zip.
    - Unzip this wherever you want on your hard drive. It should create a subfolder named keypatch. This is the script needed to install the patch.
    - Connect your TouchPad to your computer and select the USB Drive option on the TouchPad's screen. This will create a new drive letter in Windows Explorer for your TP (remember this drive letter).
    - Copy the keypatch folder to your TouchPad.
    - Disconnect your TouchPad by right clicking the drive icon for the TP in Windows Explorer and selecting Eject.
    - Remove and reconnect the USB cable from your TouchPad but this time hit "Close" on the USB Drive prompt.
    - Open a command window using novaterm or WOSQI.
    --- If you installed the SDK, the default path for novaterm is c:\program files\palm inc.\terminal. Double-click the novaterm.bat file to open novaterm, click the File menu and select "Connect".
    ---If you did NOT install the SDK, you can use the WOSQI tool. Open WOSQI, click the Tools menu and select "Linux Commandline".
    - Navigate to the keypatch directory by typing cd /media/internal/keypatch and press Enter.
    - Create a template file by typing sh patch.sh generate and press Enter.
    - The patches should now install properly.
    Patches from Maverickz:

19.    #339  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    May I suggest a dark (black) background-theme option for the VKB's available here?
    The contrast will be greatly improved as per the 'Glass Effect Suit (Charcoal)' Theme Manager keyboard option, but without the less aesthetic 'squared off' keys and instead using the original rounded HP keys.

So I prefer the darker background, but also with the rounded keys!

Couple of screenshots attached to clarify.

Thank you.

Unfortunately the way we patch the keyboard, it is not possible to change the colors or graphics associated with it. We can change which key is assigned to which letter, how wide a key is (4 options), or hide a key. That's about it.

Otherwise, I do agree that a darker background would be nice.
    Patches from Maverickz:

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    Unfortunately the way we patch the keyboard, it is not possible to change the colors or graphics associated with it. We can change which key is assigned to which letter, how wide a key is (4 options), or hide a key. That's about it.

Otherwise, I do agree that a darker background would be nice.
    OK.. I just assumed that as the 'Glass' Themes appeared to have altered the graphics of your excellent 'qyarrowsrighthe' patch format (as per screenshots @ #337), that it was also possible for 'you' do to similar!

Thanks anyway.. and I am glad you are at least in agreement about an improved darker background!

Perhaps the Theme Creators can offer the 'rounded' key graphics (on their dark background) as an option also/instead!

~~~
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 04/06/2012 at 04:19 AM.