Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Aha! I missed that all 3 of your thumb KB have arrow keys.

I will look at your ipks to see what they offer - ideally I want an QWERTY with Maverickz's qyarrowsrighthe KB ((the QWERTY KB has the L/R Arrows to the right of the numbers, the home, end keys are on either side of the space bar (replaces the @/.com keys) and has all 4 directional arrows as well as page up/down on the secondary page of keys)) AND as much of that same functionality as possible in the Thumb KB (QWERTZ).
    OK - looked at all the KB's on your thread and they do not have the needed / desired functionality.

I will just do without the Thumb KB - and use the qyarrowsrighthe KB QWERTY with correction and the QWERTZ without corrections - for both portrait on landscape.

THANKS FOR AL THE FOLKS WHO HAVE WORKED ON AND CONTINUE TO WORK ON THESE KB's!!!!!!
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I'd like to play with this too, but I'd also like to create an IPK from it. Are there instructions anywhere on how to do this?

regards

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Does this also mean, that the keyboard patches can now be installed via preware and not only via 'webOS QuickInstall'?
    I seem to recall 3 folks (1 was me) reporting it works.

I did uninstall of 1 version, verified reversion to stock, then install of another -- all using Preware.
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Does this also mean, that the keyboard patches can now be installed via preware and not only via 'webOS QuickInstall'?
    I seem to recall 3 folks (1 was me) reporting it works.

I did uninstall of 1 version, verified reversion to stock, then install of another -- all using Preware.
    Thanks for the reply. I too can now confirm that installing and uninstalling via Preware works fine.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I couldn't find an answer searching the thread, so...

Are these patches all compatible with the 3.0.5 feature of installing both "English" and "QWERTY" keyboards in order to get the toggle key for auto-correction?
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Are these patches all compatible with the 3.0.5 feature of installing both "English" and "QWERTY" keyboards in order to get the toggle key for auto-correction?
    YES.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I'm trying to get keyboard with left right arrows. Was I supposed to follow directions in first and second post? I just followed directions in second post downloaded and extracted sanjay.maverickz_1.3.5.ipk and added it to wosqi and tried to install while touchpad was in usb mode but it keeps spinning saying installing 1 hr. later.
    Quote Originally Posted by leif View Post
    I'm trying to get keyboard with left right arrows. Was I supposed to follow directions in first and second post? I just followed directions in second post downloaded and extracted sanjay.maverickz_1.3.5.ipk and added it to wosqi and tried to install while touchpad was in usb mode but it keeps spinning saying installing 1 hr. later.
    NOT USB mode, just leave it in just charge and make sure developer mode (Just Type: webos20090606) is on.
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
  9.    #309  
    gerzhwin is correct. You should just connect the USB cable and NOT put it into USB mode. USB mode is for transferring files to the /media/internal folder. As an alternative you could transfer the .ipk files to the /media/internal/downloads folder in USB mode and then use Preware to install it.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Hi, I need some assistant here with the uninstall. I was using Maverickz keyboard for version 3.0.4 but when I updated to 3.0.5 the keyboard disappear. I tried reinstalling it but it did not work and then I found out that there is a new version of the keyboard that needs to be install. When I tried to uninstall the keyboard from 3.0.4 using code sh patch.sh revert or the uninstall program I keep getting the following message:

checking main file
    main version not detected
    checking backup file.....
    backup file 3.0.4 device version found
    ERROR :Main and backup files have different size. Will not proceed.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
  11.    #311  
    Quote Originally Posted by iskyi View Post
    Hi, I need some assistant here with the uninstall. I was using Maverickz keyboard for version 3.0.4 but when I updated to 3.0.5 the keyboard disappear. I tried reinstalling it but it did not work and then I found out that there is a new version of the keyboard that needs to be install. When I tried to uninstall the keyboard from 3.0.4 using code sh patch.sh revert or the uninstall program I keep getting the following message:

checking main file
    main version not detected
    checking backup file.....
    backup file 3.0.4 device version found
    ERROR :Main and backup files have different size. Will not proceed.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Try uninstalling from Preware then install a 3.0.5 compatable version of the desired layout.
    Patches from Maverickz:

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    Try uninstalling from Preware then install a 3.0.5 compatable version of the desired layout.

The Keypatch is not listed in the preware app. Is it under a different name or is there a feed I need to add? I only found the Patch Uninstaller in Preware.....Remove this?
  13.    #313  
    Look in Installed Patches > Unknown.
    Patches from Maverickz:

Look in Installed Patches > Unknown.

Sorry but I do not see anything related to the keyboard in the unknown section. I only see the following package/apps installed :

Calendar
    Camera
    clock
    contacts
    enyo calculator
    enyo email
    enyo messaging
    memos
    music player
    photos

Should I remove the keypatch folder that I placed in the TP when I installed it under 3.0.4?
  15.    #315  
    Have you tried just installing an updated version?
    Patches from Maverickz:

Have you tried just installing an updated version?

No cause I read your instruction to uninstall the 3.0.4 version first. Should I install the updated version and see if it works? Thanks.
  17.    #317  
    Yes try that. The uninstall needed to be done before the webOS 3.0.5 update was installed.
    Patches from Maverickz:

Yes try that. The uninstall needed to be done before the webOS 3.0.5 update was installed.
    That work! =D Thanks a lot for your help and work. I was having trouble typing emails because there were no arrow keys after the 3.0.5 update lol. Thanks again.
    Forget about this post - I goofed
    Dave
    Okay, I've got an odd one.

Installed the patch using the older method on 3.0.4. TP then updated to 3.0.5 on it's own (I have since disabled that feature...grrr), and of course, it went back to the stock keyboard.

Then attempted to use the uninstaller ipk method...no luck (either through Preware or WOSQI). No luck using using the old uninstaller method either. However, the old install method worked (through the WOSQI Terminal) using the updated keypatch and qwertyarrow zip files. I then was able to uninstall using the old method.

But this still didn't solve the ipk problems...the ipk method does not appear to work for me at all...installing or uninstalling.

Now, I can live with this because other ipk appear to work normally, and I can at least get the basic arrows through the old mehod and zip file.

My question is...if I went into the ipk files (I've already looked), could I use the older method to install the keyboards in the newer ipk files, just by transferring certain files within the ipk over?

FC