Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
  1.    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Does this also mean, that the keyboard patches can now be installed via preware and not only via 'webOS QuickInstall'?
    I have not personally confirmed this, but several others have said they had success in doing so by emailing the unzipped .ipk file to the TP and then using Preware to install.

Related note: I do not have a developer account with Preware so I have asked Jason to test the ability to actually load these patches via the Preware Feeds. If he can get that to work I will create a Dev account and try to get these all loaded to Preware.

Related note 2: I will also be updating all of the existing .ipk files meta data to make them easier to find in Preware. Right now I think the names are a bit random, but once I alter the meta data they will all be listed in Preware as "KB Mod - <json name>" for example: "KB Mod - qyarrowsrighthe" is the one that I use. I will post a note when this is completed.
    Last edited by Maverickz; 01/17/2012 at 05:19 PM.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Wondering if you or anyone else have looked into loading multiple custom KB's now that we have the ability to quickly switch from the VKB. I saw your post about if you were using QWERTY and QWERTZ.

Maybe this is something that will have to wait for open source, but would be cool if we could install multiple variations and use the button to switch, say between standard arrows and thumb keyboard and default w/ auto correct. Something along those lines, since we can add multiple QWERTY keyboards (with or without auto correct).

Just an idea I had today, I can't see using thumb KB all the time, so I stick with one of the more traditional arrow patches currently.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Wondering if you or anyone else have looked into loading multiple custom KB's now that we have the ability to quickly switch from the VKB. I saw your post about if you were using QWERTY and QWERTZ.

Maybe this is something that will have to wait for open source, but would be cool if we could install multiple variations and use the button to switch, say between standard arrows and thumb keyboard and default w/ auto correct. Something along those lines, since we can add multiple QWERTY keyboards (with or without auto correct).

Just an idea I had today, I can't see using thumb KB all the time, so I stick with one of the more traditional arrow patches currently.
    I’ve patched all three layouts and I’m still working on them:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3283610
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3283975

But there’re still limitations because you can only patch three layouts at a time, which makes it impossible to have two spell-checked anguages with each a normal and a thumbed layout. I have now a German QWERTZ, an English QWERTY and a not spell-checked thumb keyboard.

I’ll post the thumbed one as standard QWERTZ and QWERTY during next week, focusing on full character support with patched key sets from the AZERTY layout.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Cool, glad to know someone else is thinking like me. Could probably deal with the non-spell checked thumb KB.

As it is now I need to get in the habit of switching between keyboards. Having 2 that look different would help me remember and test.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Cool, glad to know someone else is thinking like me. Could probably deal with the non-spell checked thumb KB.

As it is now I need to get in the habit of switching between keyboards. Having 2 that look different would help me remember and test.
    Love to hear that! Will update my efforts in this thread as well … Keep in touch!

webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html

I don't understand what exactly do you mean, because if you want to use a thumb keyboard and a regular QWERTY with arrow keys as well, you can use the thumb ipk in my thread and add QWERTY and AZERTY keyboards in Regional Settings. Then it's just a matter of switching between them using the keyboard switcher button on the virtual keyboard.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    I don't understand what exactly do you mean, because if you want to use a thumb keyboard and a regular QWERTY with arrow keys as well, you can use the thumb ipk in my thread and add QWERTY and AZERTY keyboards in Regional Settings. Then it's just a matter of switching between them using the keyboard switcher button on the virtual keyboard.
    I want to have the qwerty with arrows too, so 2 patched keyhoards. I need to play with this more, maybe on jy dev pad so I don't have to wipe my 32 gig in case of conflicts
    I want to have the qwerty with arrows too, so 2 patched keyhoards. I need to play with this more, maybe on jy dev pad so I don't have to wipe my 32 gig in case of conflicts
    As I stated in my thread, the IPK packages actually patches all three layouts to add the arrow keys.
    webOS Scrollbars

9.    #289  
    As I stated in my thread, the IPK packages actually patches all three layouts to add the arrow keys.
    Only if they are written to do so. Most of mine only touch the QWERTY KB so as to not mess up other KB's the user may have setup.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Only if they are written to do so. Most of mine only touch the QWERTY KB so as to not mess up other KB's the user may have setup.
    I was talking about mine. As I understand, you don't have a thumb keyboard in this thread, right?
    Oh, and by the way, every installation of the patching script overwrites the existing, so every keyboard the user set gets wiped out anyway.
    webOS Scrollbars

Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    Love to hear that! Will update my efforts in this thread as well … Keep in touch!

Look here for updates … http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...st3285449.html
    Thanks everybody for all the info!
    I was talking about mine. As I understand, you don't have a thumb keyboard in this thread, right?
    Oh, and by the way, every installation of the patching script overwrites the existing, so every keyboard the user set gets wiped out anyway.
    So......

This means that if I want a full blown KB with all the arrow stuff, AND a thumb KB, I would have to have an ipk that, for instance, has the QWERTY modded to do the arrow stuff and the QWERTZ modded to create the thumb KB - and then I could install both KB's and use the EN key to switch between the two.

Right??

That looks like it might be a nightmare - lotsa combinations possible and might no be likely we could find someone to make up those ipks.
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 01/19/2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: typo correction
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    So......

This means that if I want a full blown KB with all the arrow stuff, AND a thumb KB, I would have to have an ipk that, for instance, has the QWERTY modded to do the arrow stuff and the QWERTZ modded to create the thumb KB - and then I could install both KB's and use the EN key to switch between the two.

Right??

That looks like it might be a nightmare - lotsa combinations possible and might no be likely we could find someone to make up those ipks.
    Right.

There are 3 layouts: QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY. You can’t have more layouts on your TP, but you can slecet more virtual keyboards with different languages. I have three VKBs in use: QWERTY with English, QWERTZ with German and AZERTY patched for thumb usage without a language for spell checking. If I would like to add another keyboard, I would have to choose among the three layouts, but could apply any another available language to it.

--
    I patched all three layouts for my needs, which means:
    – all with additional arrow keys
    – QWERTZ with additional keys on ABC page (ä, ö, ü, ß), which results in the new keys on +~[] page
    – QWERTZ and QWERTY with additional characters on +~[] page (e. g. dashes)
    – AZERTY patched for thumb usage based on QWERTZ layout, also with addional characters on +~[] page
    – some patched key sets (appear when you tap and hold a key, e. g. the comma-key) where I find it more useful

Look here: Virtual keyboard layouts patches with arrow keys Got it?

And in the ZIP in this post is an XLS, which shows the changes I’ve made: Virtual keyboard layouts patches with arrow keys

--
    The layouts and their key sets are alle in one JSON file, so if you want to have one layout patched, the JSON will only hold the changes for the specific layout and its key sets. For two or three patched layouts, all changes have to be in this one JSON too.

The IPK patches the original JSON with the edited one in an easy way, but it’s the same way and easy enough using the command line method.

--
    Just tell me what you need, so I can tell you if it would work and how …
    Last edited by gerzhwin; 01/19/2012 at 10:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    Right.

There are 3 layouts: QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY. You can’t have more layouts on your TP, but you can slecet more virtual keyboards with different languages. I have three VKBs in use: QWERTY with English, QWERTZ with German and AZERTY patched for thumb usage without a language for spell checking. If I would like to add another keyboard, I would have to choose among the three layouts, but could apply any another available language to it.

--
    I patched all three layouts for my needs, which means:
    – all with additional arrow keys
    – QWERTZ with additional keys on ABC page (ä, ö, ü, ß), which results in the new keys on +~[] page
    – QWERTZ and QWERTY with additional characters on +~[] page (e. g. dashes)
    – AZERTY patched for thumb usage based on QWERTZ layout, also with addional characters on +~[] page
    – some patched key sets (appear when you tap and hold a key, e. g. the comma-key) where I find it more useful

Look here: Virtual keyboard layouts patches with arrow keys Got it?

And in the ZIP in this post is an XLS, which shows the changes I’ve made: Virtual keyboard layouts patches with arrow keys

--
    The layouts and their key sets are alle in one JSON file, so if you want to have one layout patched, the JSON will only hold the changes for the specific layout and its key sets. For two or three patched layouts, all changes have to be in this one JSON too.

The IPK patches the original JSON with the edited one in an easy way, but it’s the same way and easy enough using the command line method.

--
    Just tell me what you need, so I can tell you if it would work and how …
    Does not really answer the question I raised - good recap of stuff ALREADY POSTED HERE, but .....

So......

Right??

Dave
    Does not really answer the question I raised - good recap of stuff ALREADY POSTED HERE, but .....
    Why not? I wrote »Right.«
    The »nightmare« could be the planning procedure, but if you tell me what you need, I can decide which layout would be best to patch and start with the planning …
    So......

Right??

No, it doesn't.
    As I wrote, all the IPKs in my thread have arrow keys for all three layouts, which means that if you want a thumb keyboard and a QWERTY keyboard that has arrow keys, you just have to install one of the three thumb IPKs in my thread and you'll have the QWERTY with arrows AND the thumb keyboard as the AZERTY layout. That's all.
    Of course, if you want to create your own layout(s), you'll have to use the command line method with your custom JSON file. No IPKs needed for that.
    webOS Scrollbars

OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    No, it doesn't.
    As I wrote, all the IPKs in my thread have arrow keys for all three layouts, which means that if you want a thumb keyboard and a QWERTY keyboard that has arrow keys, you just have to install one of the three thumb IPKs in my thread and you'll have the QWERTY with arrows AND the thumb keyboard as the AZERTY layout. That's all.
    Of course, if you want to create your own layout(s), you'll have to use the command line method with your custom JSON file. No IPKs needed for that.
    Aha! I missed that all 3 of your thumb KB have arrow keys.

I will look at your ipks to see what they offer - ideally I want an QWERTY with Maverickz's qyarrowsrighthe KB ((the QWERTY KB has the L/R Arrows to the right of the numbers, the home, end keys are on either side of the space bar (replaces the @/.com keys) and has all 4 directional arrows as well as page up/down on the secondary page of keys)) AND as much of that same functionality as possible in the Thumb KB (QWERTZ).
    Dave