Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    1. & 2. I have not personally tried installing or uninstalling from Preware. Others have said they had success doing so, so all I can say is try it. Best case scenario is it works flawlessly, worst case scenario you have to Dr. your TP, which isn't that big of an issue really.

3. I do have a split KB patch at this time. If you manage to find one somewhere you should be able to have both installed as long as they do not patch the same KB. For instance if one patches QWERTY and one patches AZERTY then you can use both and switch back and forth with the "En" key (only shows when multiple KB's are installed).
    Thanks for the response!

I will give the Preware approach a try and report back here.

I will look around for a thumb KB / Split KB and give that a try - on AZERTY.

Thanks again for all yuour work on this - has made my life much better.

Note: I just saw a tip that the advent of 3.0.5 gave the BT KB the ability to do CUT/COPT/PASTE via CTL and X/C/V - mayhaps this means the strings/codes are now there for the on-screen KB???
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  2.    #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by bucko123 View Post
    I was in the process of installing the uninstall ipk and kicked the usb cord. trying to run again, taking very long time, over an hour now, any ideas?

as an aside , after first miscue i tried to go into wosqi command line and i can change directory to media internal but nothing shows after that . using internalz i can see all the files including keypatch . just can't navigate all the way to keypatch .

Thanks
    At this point you might try uninstalling from Preware.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    @Maverickz

1. Several folk on here have posted that they take your ipk files, email them to themselves on the TP and then use Preware to do the install - with success. This seems to fly in the face of the warnings about doing that because of the "2 stage install". I have not seen any comments from you and am wondering if this now works.

2. I have installed via WOSQI the atcomalways KB - and can see it in Preware under Available-Other / Unknown / Unsorted. Folks have said that they can / have uninstalled your ipk that way. I now want to back out atcomalways and use qyarrowsrighthe. Can I successfully do the uninstall via Preware (and from 1. perhaps domthe install with Preware, to0?
    OK - it worked!

++ Unpacked your zip ans emailed your ipk to my TP (qyarrowsrighthe)
    ++ Used Preware to delete the prior KB (atcomalways KB found in Preware at Available-Other / Unknown / Unsorted
    ++ Preware automatically restarted my TP
    ++ Double-clicked on the ipk in my email
    ++ Preware did the install and all is OK

Have done both an Luna Restart and then a System restart - with testing of the new KB before and after - all is OK.

PS - I am running on 3.0.5 in case thaT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!!
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 01/17/2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Clarify TP version
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  4.    #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Thanks for the response!

I will give the Preware approach a try and report back here.

I will look around for a thumb KB / Split KB and give that a try - on AZERTY.

Thanks again for all yuour work on this - has made my life much better.

Note: I just saw a tip that the advent of 3.0.5 gave the BT KB the ability to do CUT/COPT/PASTE via CTL and X/C/V - mayhaps this means the strings/codes are now there for the on-screen KB???
    You are welcome.

I will definitely have to dig in and see if new codes really do exist for these functions. I fear this may take a lot of experimentation so I wouldn't get my hopes up for this to be really fast.
    Patches from Maverickz:

You are welcome.

I will definitely have to dig in and see if new codes really do exist for these functions. I fear this may take a lot of experimentation so I wouldn't get my hopes up for this to be really fast.
    looking forward to seeing what you find.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Yes please run the uninstall before switching from one layout to another of the same KB set. You might try either the qyarrowsrighthe patch. This only patches the QWERTY KB has the L/R Arrows to the right of the numbers, the home, end keys are on either side of the space bar (replaces the @/.com keys) and has all 4 directional arrows as well as page up/down on the secondary page of keys.
    the uninstall I have is 1.3.0 ...is there a version subsequent to that or is that the one to run?
  7.    #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    the uninstall I have is 1.3.0 ...is there a version subsequent to that or is that the one to run?
    I have just verified that uninstall from Preware does work. Now that this is verified, using Preware is probably the most efficient way to uninstall.

You will find it under Preware/Installed Packages/Unknown then look for the name if the KB mod you used.
    Patches from Maverickz:

8.    #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    As of right now I have tested all codes 0001-0030 with only one new key that shows up as "Sym". This key does not appear to do anything when pressed either by itself or with a combination of other keys such as X, C, or V. Considering that the highest used "S" code is currently 0023 the higher I go the less confident I am about finding new keys. I will test a bit higher looking for a Ctrl code. But now it's time for lunch.
    Patches from Maverickz:

I have just verified that uninstall from Preware does work. Now that this is verified, using Preware is probably the most efficient way to uninstall.

You will find it under Preware/Installed Packages/Unknown then look for the name if the KB mod you used.
    the arrows are still there to the left and right of numeric row and that after I ran the uninstall from preware via webosqi in device management... I would like to put on your qy... as suggested but I don't know what to do now ...I rebooted the touchpad 3.0.5 but no change ...arrows no longer in preware on installed list...
    In webosqi list arrows is no longer shown but the qy version appeared via search for term "arrow" in preware on touchpad so I ran uninstall from that... reset device and arrows left and right of numerics are gone ...then I used preware on device to run install for qy version ipk copied to devce and it is currently hung at "reading template qy...json & redefining variables for quite a few minutes ...what to do? tia!

update further: closed preware with stuck as above and reopened preware and search showed qy version installed... reset luna and no arrows but when I opened "just type" and keyboard was shown, spontaneous luna reset occurred "perhaps due to completion of task stuck above in background" and now have arrows to right of numeric keypad and bar to R of space for .com etc and bar to left of space which does nothing apparently (or does it)??

suggestion: if button to left of keyboard in qy version does "nothing" is it possible you could programme it to display a superset containing, say, the last 10 accented characters used for we who often type in another language and would like to have a nice little set of most frequent ones we need to use ...old ones could drop off list and new ones add on so list would become most used ...would be great!!
    Last edited by patapoof; 01/17/2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: upd
  11.    #271  
    In webosqi list arrows is no longer shown but the qy version appeared via search for term "arrow" in preware on touchpad so I ran uninstall from that... reset device and arrows left and right of numerics are gone ...then I used preware on device to run install for qy version ipk copied to devce and it is currently hung at "reading template qy...json & redefining variables for quite a few minutes ...what to do? tia!

update further: closed preware with stuck as above and reopened preware and search showed qy version installed... reset luna and no arrows but when I opened "just type" and keyboard was shown, spontaneous luna reset occurred "perhaps due to completion of task stuck above in background" and now have arrows to right of numeric keypad and bar to R of space for .com etc and bar to left of space which does nothing apparently (or does it)??
    I think you are right that the spontaneous Luna restart was really just the install process completing.

The [] keys on either side of the Space bar are the Home and End keys. Home to the left and End to the right. I have no idea why HP added the codes for these keys but left them displayed as [] instead of making a real key for them. This cannot be changed until we get the full webOS Open Source code base. You are also correct in that if you hold down the End key, you will get a popup menu with a few web extension choices such as .com, .net, etc.
    Patches from Maverickz:

I think you are right that the spontaneous Luna restart was really just the install process completing.

The [] keys on either side of the Space bar are the Home and End keys. Home to the left and End to the right. I have no idea why HP added the codes for these keys but left them displayed as [] instead of making a real key for them. This cannot be changed until we get the full webOS Open Source code base. You are also correct in that if you hold down the End key, you will get a popup menu with a few web extension choices such as .com, .net, etc.
    you have no idea how much this means to me ...I now can really type with great efficiency using a stylus in my one hand on this thing ...great !! ...many, many thanks !!
  13.    #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Ok I have completed testing all the way to 0089 and there are no new keys added. I am sure we can add this functionality as well as better labels for the Home/End/PG Up/PG Dn keys once we get the full source code.
    Patches from Maverickz:

Ok I have completed testing all the way to 0089 and there are no new keys added. I am sure we can add this functionality as well as better labels for the Home/End/PG Up/PG Dn keys once we get the full source code.
    where are pageup and pagedown? my qy version you suggested put on arrows ← & → and 2 keys left and right of spacebar as discussed already ...how do I get pageup and pagedown ??
  15.    #275  
    where are pageup and pagedown? my qy version you suggested put on arrows ← & → and 2 keys left and right of spacebar as discussed already ...how do I get pageup and pagedown ??
    Press the +-[] key to display the secondary keys. On this page you should see a 4 way direction set of arrows. To the RIGHT of the down arrow is the ~ key followed by two more keys that look like []. The first one is Page UP and the second is Page Down. I just didn't see any more room to cram these keys on the main page.

I know these buttons are a bit confusing since they all look the same and nothing resembling what they actually do, but once again we have to wait for the Full Open source code to change the graphics of these keys. At least we have the functionality.
    Patches from Maverickz:

Press the +-[] key to display the secondary keys. On this page you should see a 4 way direction set of arrows. To the RIGHT of the down arrow is the ~ key followed by two more keys that look like []. The first one is Page UP and the second is Page Down. I just didn't see any more room to cram these keys on the main page.

I know these buttons are a bit confusing since they all look the same and nothing resembling what they actually do, but once again we have to wait for the Full Open source code to change the graphics of these keys. At least we have the functionality.
    suggestion: arrow key left ...uppercase would be page up
    arrow key right ...uppercase would be page down

what realy is lacking is a page up & down for apps like browser and text apps that would allow page advance by simple tap (like spacebar on my desktop lets me advance browser page by page) ...it could be an icon on the top bar or even perhaps made to work with volume keys as a toggle?
  17.    #277  
    suggestion: arrow key left ...uppercase would be page up
    arrow key right ...uppercase would be page down

what realy is lacking is a page up & down for apps like browser and text apps that would allow page advance by simple tap (like spacebar on my desktop lets me advance browser page by page) ...it could be an icon on the top bar or even perhaps made to work with volume keys as a toggle?
    The problem with using Shift to modify arrow keys (or any of the cursor control keys) is that it kills the ability to use Shift + Arrow to select text for editing. In other words if you make Shift+Left Arrow = Page up, then you can't use Shift+Left Arrow to select text because once you press Shift the Left Arrow is no longer available. I am pretty sure it can be done but I doubt the benefit outweighs the consequence of doing so.
    Patches from Maverickz:

Where can one find the 1.3.0 uninstall? The only one I can find is the 'uninstall.maverickz_1.0.0.zip' file.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad

Does this also mean, that the keyboard patches can now be installed via preware and not only via 'webOS QuickInstall'?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  20.    #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Where can one find the 1.3.0 uninstall? The only one I can find is the 'uninstall.maverickz_1.0.0.zip' file.
    The uninstall patch did not need to be updated since all it does is restore a backup taken when the actual patch is installed. You can also uninstall from Preware. Open Preware, select Installed Packages, then Unknown and look for the patch that you want to uninstall.
    Patches from Maverickz: