Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
    Great!
    I still miss the up/down keys, though.
    What about making them available as shift-left and shift-right (if it possible to separate left and right shift keys, one could still be used to mark test) ?

Also, I note that HOME and END keys also sometimes act as shift keys.

thanks
    Piersante
    Last edited by piesse; 01/11/2012 at 11:13 AM.
    Techy likes this.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Gotcha... thanks for the reply. Didn't know about the 12 keys per row limit. I'll try and picture what I'm thinking of and will put something together. Love these keyboards man. Thanks for all your work.
    Is it possible to add the 12 function keys to the press and hold of the number keys? This requirement is intended for the RPD app accessing Windows applications.
    Hello Maverickz,

I installed the "NEW UNINSTALLER IPK" from your 2nd post, and then installed "allkbarrowsleft" using WOSKI. Did a device restart. But no changes happened to the KB. NO arrow keys are seen on the left of the numeric pad.

Please help.
    @Maverickz
    Will you please update the 'sanjay.maverickz_1.0.1' patch to be compatible with webOS 3.0.5. Thank you.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Seems this doesn't work with WebOS 3.0.5...? (I've been using qyarrowsrighthe.maverickz_1.0.0.)

I'll keep checking this thread for updates.
    I don't know when will Maverickz update his layouts, but if you're just looking for arrow keys, check my thread.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  7.    #247  
    My TP kept telling me there was no update available. I finally got it updated to 3.0.5 earlier today and have managed to get all of the existing patches updated. Attached below. I do have a few more coming out soon by request.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

8.    #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by piesse View Post
    Great!
    I still miss the up/down keys, though.
    What about making them available as shift-left and shift-right (if it possible to separate left and right shift keys, one could still be used to mark test) ?

Also, I note that HOME and END keys also sometimes act as shift keys.

thanks
    Piersante
    It is possible to make Shift + L/R Arrows become the Up/Down arrows. However, if you do that then you can no longer use Shift + L/R Arrows to select text for editing. This is why I use one of the mods that replace some of the emotes with the up/down keys.

I have never see the behavior of the Home/End keys acting as Shift keys.
    Patches from Maverickz:

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    My TP kept telling me there was no update available. I finally got it updated to 3.0.5 earlier today and have managed to get all of the existing patches updated. Attached below. I do have a few more coming out soon by request.
    Thank you. Much appreciated.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I've got some trouble with this ...I have 3.0.5 on my touchpad and am trying to put on the 2arrowsRIGHT patch and it's hung at "reading template alkbarrowsright.json and redefining veriables" ...webosqi would NOT do it so I copied the .ipk to the device and used internalz to get it going as ipks are associated with preware app ...what now?

I mostly type with one hand so these arrows would be immensely useful for me.
    Last edited by patapoof; 01/15/2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: mor
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I've got some trouble with this ...I have 3.0.5 on my touchpad and am trying to put on the 2arrowsRIGHT patch and it's hung at "reading template alkbarrowsright.json and redefining veriables" ...webosqi would NOT do it so I copied the .ipk to the device and used internalz to get it going as ipks are associated with preware app ...what now?

I mostly type with one hand so these arrows would be immensely useful for me.
    I had 3 keyboards installed in regional settings 1. English QWERTY, 2. French AZERTY, 3. None QWERTY(the latter being to be able to shut off predictive text). After posting failure, I deleted the "none" #3 and now there are arrows on the "English" #1 but not on the "French" #2 ...

I don't know exactly which one is installed either since I tried a few of your 1.3.5 bunch ...I would like the arrows over to the RIGHT but the one I have is BOTH sides of the numeric row. Do I need to run an UNINSTALL or can I install the one for the right side over what I have. I will wait for your reply because I am SOOO pleased already to have this... thank you!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    great job on the new install method. much easier than the original way!
    Finally !!!!!
    Got the layout "allkbarrowsleft" working with 3.0.5... It seems the layouts were not 100% compatible with 3.0.4... But, after the update all seems to work normally Thanks
  14.    #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I had 3 keyboards installed in regional settings 1. English QWERTY, 2. French AZERTY, 3. None QWERTY(the latter being to be able to shut off predictive text). After posting failure, I deleted the "none" #3 and now there are arrows on the "English" #1 but not on the "French" #2 ...

I don't know exactly which one is installed either since I tried a few of your 1.3.5 bunch ...I would like the arrows over to the RIGHT but the one I have is BOTH sides of the numeric row. Do I need to run an UNINSTALL or can I install the one for the right side over what I have. I will wait for your reply because I am SOOO pleased already to have this... thank you!
    Yes please run the uninstall before switching from one layout to another of the same KB set. You might try either the qyarrowsrighthe patch. This only patches the QWERTY KB has the L/R Arrows to the right of the numbers, the home, end keys are on either side of the space bar (replaces the @/.com keys) and has all 4 directional arrows as well as page up/down on the secondary page of keys.
    Patches from Maverickz:

15.    #255  
    New 3.0.5 Polish patches thanks to Pelcu.

polish-pelcu1_QWERTY_1.3.5.zip - This is a QWERTY ONLY patch with the L/R arrows to the right of the number keys, the @ and .com keys are always on and the spacebar key is long. All polish special characters are available via tap & hold corresponding main letter. Screenshots.

polish-pelcu2_QWERTY_1.3.5.zip - Polish keyboard with long spacebar key, '@' and '.com' keys always on and both arrow keys on the right side of the numbers row. Polish special chars are available via tap & hold corresponding letter or on secondary keyboard layer (+=[] key). Patches QWERTY only. - Screenshots.

These will also be added to the main instructional post of this thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Patches from Maverickz:

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    Yes please run the uninstall before switching from one layout to another of the same KB set. You might try either the qyarrowsrighthe patch. This only patches the QWERTY KB has the L/R Arrows to the right of the numbers, the home, end keys are on either side of the space bar (replaces the @/.com keys) and has all 4 directional arrows as well as page up/down on the secondary page of keys.
    @Maverickz

Need some clarification, please.

1. Several folk on here have posted that they take your ipk files, email them to themselves on the TP and then use Preware to do the install - with success. This seems to fly in the face of the warnings about doing that because of the "2 stage install". I have not seen any comments from you and am wondering if this now works.

2. I have installed via WOSQI the atcomalways KB - and can see it in Preware under Available-Other / Unknown / Unsorted. Folks have said that they can / have uninstalled your ipk that way. I now want to back out atcomalways and use qyarrowsrighthe. Can I successfully do the uninstall via Preware (and from 1. perhaps domthe install with Preware, to0?

3. I may want to use a split KB when in Portrait mode. Is there one (I thought I saw if but don;t find it now (or my old eyes are missing it)? If there is one, is there a way I can install it so I can use a key to switch, or use localization to switch or ????, between the 2 KB's?

I have just read thru every post on this thread and still am left with these 3 quandaries - hoping you can lend some insight - PLEASE!
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 01/16/2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: typo fix
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    @Maverickz

1. Several folk on here have posted that they take your ipk files, email them to themselves on the TP and then use Preware to do the install - with success. This seems to fly in the face of the warnings about doing that because of the "2 stage install". I have not seen any comments from you and am wondering if this now works.

2. I have installed via WOSQI the atcomalways KB - and can see it in Preware under Available-Other / Unknown / Unsorted. Folks have said that they can / have uninstalled your ipk that way. I now want to back out atcomalways and use qyarrowsrighthe. Can I successfully do the uninstall via Preware (and from 1. perhaps domthe install with Preware, to0?

3. I may want to use a split KB when in Portrait mode. Is there one (I thought I saw if but don;t find it now (or my old eyes are missing it)? If there is one, is there a way I can install it so I can use a key to switch, or use localization to switch or ????, between the 2 KB's?

I have just read thru every post on this thread and still am left with these 3 quandaries - hoping you can lend some insight - PLEASE!
    I did that way, and it works so easy, no rebooting in between, dont understand why this cant be a preware patch
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  18.    #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale46 View Post
    Is it possible to add the 12 function keys to the press and hold of the number keys? This requirement is intended for the RPD app accessing Windows applications.
    This is probably not possible at this time. All complex keys (any key that is not a single visible character) requires a special code be mapped in the OS itself. For instance the Tab key is 0001, the +-[] key is 0023, the .com key is 0300, etc. So far in my experimentation with the KB I have not found any codes that seem to map to the F1-F12 keys.

Now, once HP releases the entire webOS source code it might be possible to add in new code mappings to add additional functionality to the KB. I really want to add Cut/Copy/Paste functionality to the KB, so I am anxiously awaiting the full source code.
    Patches from Maverickz:

19.    #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    @Maverickz

1. & 2. I have not personally tried installing or uninstalling from Preware. Others have said they had success doing so, so all I can say is try it. Best case scenario is it works flawlessly, worst case scenario you have to Dr. your TP, which isn't that big of an issue really.

3. I do have a split KB patch at this time. If you manage to find one somewhere you should be able to have both installed as long as they do not patch the same KB. For instance if one patches QWERTY and one patches AZERTY then you can use both and switch back and forth with the "En" key (only shows when multiple KB's are installed).
    Patches from Maverickz:

I was in the process of installing the uninstall ipk and kicked the usb cord. trying to run again, taking very long time, over an hour now, any ideas?

as an aside , after first miscue i tried to go into wosqi command line and i can change directory to media internal but nothing shows after that . using internalz i can see all the files including keypatch . just can't navigate all the way to keypatch .

Thanks