Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
    Could we possibly get another split keyboard layout with some of the home/pgup keys in the center area?
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
  2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Could we possibly get another split keyboard layout with some of the home/pgup keys in the center area?
    It is possible to make just about any setup as long as there are NO MORE than 12 keys per row. This is a limitation of webOS. It just cannot support more than 12 keys per row.

That said if you will describe (or draw) exactly where you want the arrow/navigation keys (with that 12 key constraint) we can probably make that happen.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Gotcha... thanks for the reply. Didn't know about the 12 keys per row limit. I'll try and picture what I'm thinking of and will put something together. Love these keyboards man. Thanks for all your work.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Here's what I've got so far for my idea of a new split keyboard layout. The symbols key layout will need to be the same size as the 'asdf' keys that you had already sized for the split keyboard, since I just copied/pasted from the stock kb, but hopefully you get what I was going for.

Let me know what you think. I tried to take some of the best features from the standard keyboard, and incorporate some of the layout of the other split keyboards I've seen on Windows 8 / iOS screenshots...

ASDF and Symbol layouts are uploaded here (it's kind of tough to read with the red text but the key to the right of the spacebar is a '.com' key):
    public - Folder Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

I'm thinking the 'B' key might be best to move over to the left side of the split, actually. Or just double up on it since there is room. Either way would be awesome and I think a nice improvement on the split kb layout that's out already.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have been playing with the existing split kb and this is very good actually. I like the size options that are built into here, and the long press options add many of the extra keys I was digging around for.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

why isn't somebody making this into an app?
    is it possible to have a split keyboard, thumb keyboard for TP, makes for easier typing.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    though i would want a toggle on and off button for split keyboard
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Is there a way to shortcut to regional settings and toggle from a key on the keypad. Also need the p shaped key the qwerty kb has to perform as a ctrl key in xterm, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    It is possible to make just about any setup as long as there are NO MORE than 12 keys per row. This is a limitation of webOS. It just cannot support more than 12 keys per row.

That said if you will describe (or draw) exactly where you want the arrow/navigation keys (with that 12 key constraint) we can probably make that happen.
    patch works awesome. could i submit a small additional thought i had, keeping webOS's limitation in mind?
    Fantastic! I installed swaptabshift and it worked great clocking at about 8 min on my TP!

Out of curiosity, what's happening behind the scenes as to why it would takes so long to apply the patch? isn't it simply generating a json script and inserting it into LunaSystem.

So what is the most time consuming process when applying this patch?

Thanks Synchron
    I got to the part where you have to do sh patch.sh generate. But then it says can't find patch.sh. How would I fix that?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I was all ready to install the keyboard patch. I have previously entered Developer Mode and downloaded Preware etc. with success. I can find Developer Mode using WebOs20090606, but when I switch on and press submit I get an error message. Any suggestions? I have not set a password, but I have installed many of the 'go faster' logging patches recently.
    What is the error message?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Error Setting Mode
    Setting Device To DEveloper Mode Failed
    Is there a way to shortcut to regional settings and toggle from a key on the keypad. Also need the p shaped key the qwerty kb has to perform as a ctrl key in xterm, please!

if you install multiple languages, you can switch from eng,French,... Autocorrrect left from the spacebar ,not sur this is what you need?
    One issue though if you use Bluetooth keyb,no way to switch, once paired.
    I miss a quick way to switch on/off auto correct and the dutch language...
    I finally got around to installing this! Mav.. you da man! Thanks a lot. Donation coming your way brother.
    Last edited by wingcutter; 12/24/2011 at 12:18 PM.
    Mav!! LOVIN this patch--I'm rocking the SanjayCustom keyboard--IMHO this is the keyboard that should have come *standard* on the TouchPad. THANK YOU for your great work.
    ToBeAMan

I feel like I've come full circle:
    HP Ipaq > Palm Pilot > Palm Pre (Sprint) > HPalm Pre 2 (VZW) and HP TouchPad
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jr92811 View Post
    Error Setting Mode
    Setting Device To DEveloper Mode Failed
    I have problem.

"Error Setting Mode
    Setting Device to Developer Mode Failed"

I have not (too my knowledge) set a password and have used Developer Mode previously e.g. To install Preware.

Can anyone give me a steer please.
    Thanks so much for this! I'm using the sanjaycustom and LOVIN IT! Worked perfect with the email to ipk to QI - and I'm a newb at this too! Soooo much easier to work around typos now!