Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
  1.    #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmahr1127 View Post
    I am very confused right now. To install the new ipks, do I have to install the old one, with all of the steps like the keypatch and whatnot, or can I just follow the instructions for the new IPK and just use WOSQI without the keypatch stuff from the first one?
    Just follow the instructions for the ipk in the second post.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Is it possible to add another currency symbol to the list of symbols that come up when you keep the $ key pressed?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    does this ipk install require a certain version of WOSQI? i just installed the swaptabshift.maverickz_1.0.0.ipk to a 3g touchpad with webos 3.0.4, using WOSQI 4.2.3. it took about 15 minutes, but the tp never restarted and i don't have the new virt kbd, even after a restart. i tried installing again and WOSQI was finished a lot faster, but still no errors or updated virt kbd. any ideas?
    I installed mine from preware, pretty easy. just email the patch to you and when you try to open in TP, preware will ask if you want to install. Also you may uninstall the last one before reinstalling. I am taking you used the patch from the second post of this thread. I like the swabtabshift too.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    ah, didn't know it was at that point, i'll try that method out, neither post 1 or 2 mentioned that as a working method...
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdeadfish View Post
    ah, didn't know it was at that point, i'll try that method out, neither post 1 or 2 mentioned that as a working method...
    Open preware, and go to installed packages, under unknown you would see if the swaptabshift is installed or not. If installed, remove it and then email it to yourself and try installing again.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    worked awesome, thanks again k!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    kkhanmd likes this.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Is is possible to add another modifier key, i.e. CTRL? This would go a long way to making my bluetooth keyboard unnecessary when connecting via xterm to a remote unix/linux host.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    oh, that would be golden!! although i still like the keyboard a lot and use it a much as i can.
  10.    #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    Is is possible to add another modifier key, i.e. CTRL? This would go a long way to making my bluetooth keyboard unnecessary when connecting via xterm to a remote unix/linux host.
    The only reason we were able to add the arrow keys, and the other nav keys is that webOS already had the code to handle these inputs, they just did not make use of them. In my experimentation to find these keys I was not able to find any code in webOS for a Ctrl key, or cut/copy/paste shortcuts. In short, until HP adds the code to know how to handle the Ctrl key code we cannot add this type of functionality to the virtual KB.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Personally I don't use the .com that much. Considering how much I use .edu and .org, I'd sooner want to have either of them appear first as one of those "Hold to select" buttons (or configure?). More often than not, I find it "in the way" of the spacebar.

I also rescind my statement in favor of the smileys. You all have had comments that make sense, and typing them out is actually as easy if not easier than going to a second keyboard set to find the one I want, because it's usually one that's not already there anyway.

I'd almost think a wishlist would be a third overlay, with keys we could configure to do whatever we wanted to configure them to (kinda like the old hotkey/macro/shortcuts that PalmOS had).
    Last edited by copasetic; 01/26/2012 at 08:22 AM.
    MeekMark likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I installed mine from preware, pretty easy. just email the patch to you and when you try to open in TP, preware will ask if you want to install. Also you may uninstall the last one before reinstalling. I am taking you used the patch from the second post of this thread. I like the swabtabshift too.
    Weird. I couldn't get it to install with WebOSQI, but email to Preware worked just fine. Go figure.
    Thanks a lot. This works great.
    Argh, I did not read the instructions properly and did it from an xterm. Now my TP is frozen. Last line on the xterm is "Stopping Luna". Holding any of the buttons down has no effect. Completely non responsive. What do I do next? This is also the movie player for my toddler when on travel and she will go ballistic without it.
    Yes.. because 'XTerm' also runs in Luna!

Power AND Home buttons?
    Sorry for panic - have caught up on this thread and read earlier messages of people who did same mistake as me... am catching up now...
    ANYthing to avert the wrath of the irrate Toddler!

Phew. I did the two-finger salute and rebooted, ran novaterm, navigated back to the directory and reran the last step. It came back up fine! Thanks, I'll be donating.

Question: I saved the LunaSysMgr backup file before rerunning the last step because I figured it would back up the new one that it had created before, making a rollback impossible. Should I copy that backup back to /usr/bin just in case?

And yes... the wrath of the toddler is awesome...
    Just wanted to post to say this is an awesome awesome patch. Works everywhere but when I am connected to my PC using Remote Desktop Client, the arrow presses show up as 'u'. Aside from that... No complaints and this is a great addition!

Here's to more kb patching in the future!
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    absolutely loving this! im using qyarrowsrighthe.. love the home and end buttons
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast