Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    Some new news:

I have packaged the original layout (split arrows) into an IPK while aslo adding the support for QWERTZ and AZERTY layouts.

I created an IPK to put the Arrows to the right of the number keys as requested, and also one to put them to the left of the number keys (I prefer the left version).

I have added a layout that causes the @ and .com keys to always be available. This also puts the arrows to the right of the number keys.

Finally to make the uninstall process easier, I also created an uninstall IPK file.
    Thanks very much for your work on this. However I think that your post should warn users that these patches do more than just add Left & Right arrow keys. The fact that the patch also removes the emoticon keys, something my wife was not pleased about at all, should be mentioned in your post.

Personally, I really see no purpose at all for the up/down keys and since the left/right keys are already there in the main page, I don't see why they need to be repeated on the alternate keys '+=[]' page. I would much rather have that page left alone as is and just add the left/right keys along with the @ and .com keys.

So if I may, I'd like to request a patch with the following:
    1. Left arrow to the left and right arrow to the right of the number keys
    2. '+=[]' page to be left alone as is with the emoticons intact.
    3. '@' and '.com' keys always available.
    4. To accommodate the '.com' key, the 'space bar' key size should be reduced from the equivalent of 'five' keys (original size) to 'four' keys, instead of just three keys (current patch).
    5. The '.com' key should be placed to the right of the 'space bar' key.
    6. The 'ABC/+=[]' key size to be reduced to 'one' key size, from it's current 'two' key size, to accommodate the '@' key.
    6. The '@' key should be placed between the 'Tab' and the 'ABC/+=[]' keys unlike the current patch which places the key between the 'ABC/+=[]' and the 'space bar' key.

Thanks a ton for the current patches. They are great as is, but for me, they would be better with the changes as above.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcimino View Post
    Any plans to make this patch installable via Preware? Very cool patch, thanks.
    Unfortunately, that is not possible due to the fact that it requires a Luna restart mid-process. This means these types of patches have to be managed external to the TP. So the WOSQI method is probably the best we can do.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Unfortunately, that is not possible due to the fact that it requires a Luna restart mid-process. This means these types of patches have to be managed external to the TP. So the WOSQI method is probably the best we can do.
    I don't know whether it helps to fix situation in preware but actually you can run sequence of last commands (which are restarting luna) with && between them and in background (single & at the end) using luna-based shells. Of course luna will still restart but you will have all data copied and active after that. May be the same process will be available if used with preware.

Code:
    initctl stop LunaSysMgr && cp <patched file> <path to LunaSysMgr> && initctl start LunaSysMgr && <other commands that are done after restart> &
    --
    Code to live, live to ride, ride to the end...
    My Father used to say: "Give an axe to a cave man and he will be grateful. Teach cave man to make axes and he will be grateful for the rest of his life"
    [Patch]3rd party photo synergy enabler.
    Virtual keyboard layouts patches with arrow keys
    Sanjay #181: '..the patch also removes the emoticon keys, something my wife was not pleased about at all, should be mentioned in your post..'

It IS mentioned in the OP @ #1.. thus:

'..While I rearranged this keyboard a bit, the only keys that are missing are some of the emote keys..'

We were all 'warned', be fair!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Thanks very much for your work on this. However I think that your post should warn users that these patches do more than just add Left & Right arrow keys. The fact that the patch also removes the emoticon keys, something my wife was not pleased about at all, should be mentioned in your post.

Personally, I really see no purpose at all for the up/down keys and since the left/right keys are already there in the main page, I don't see why they need to be repeated on the alternate keys '+=[]' page. I would much rather have that page left alone as is and just add the left/right keys along with the @ and .com keys.

So if I may, I'd like to request a patch with the following:
    1. Left arrow to the left and right arrow to the right of the number keys
    2. '+=[]' page to be left alone as is with the emoticons intact.
    3. '@' and '.com' keys always available.
    4. To accommodate the '.com' key, the 'space bar' key size should be reduced from the equivalent of 'five' keys (original size) to 'four' keys, instead of just three keys (current patch).
    5. The '.com' key should be placed to the right of the 'space bar' key.
    6. The 'ABC/+=[]' key size to be reduced to 'one' key size, from it's current 'two' key size, to accommodate the '@' key.
    6. The '@' key should be placed between the 'Tab' and the 'ABC/+=[]' keys unlike the current patch which places the key between the 'ABC/+=[]' and the 'space bar' key.

Thanks a ton for the current patches. They are great as is, but for me, they would be better with the changes as above.
    Yes we need smileys. Iam not sure what all the fervor is over .com, but I'll vote for anything that does NOT shrink the spacebar any more, LOL InKeepnmissingnitnwithnthenNnkey
    : 0 = : + 0

: ) = : + )

< 3 = < + 3

; ) = ; + )

Etc..

right up there with arrow keys I have discovered that hiding the colon and semi colon keys has made serious word processing nigh well impossible. But I guess there is an alternate: a real keyboard and meebee a dock. Someone tell me if you have an external keyboard the on-screen one DOES NOT appear.

I personally don't use the keyboard emotes because where I come from putting a dash/nose on your smileys is considered passť. ;-) = bad, = good

lol, see? Even PreCentral agrees!
    Last edited by touchpaddled; 11/24/2011 at 08:29 PM. Reason: victory over smileys
    Is it possible to reverse the tab and shift keys? I am so used to seeing the tab key on top. Thanks
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by touchpaddled View Post
    right up there with arrow keys I have discovered that hiding the colon and semi colon keys has made serious word processing nigh well impossible. But I guess there is an alternate: a real keyboard and meebee a dock. Someone tell me if you have an external keyboard the on-screen one DOES NOT appear.

I personally don't use the keyboard emotes because where I come from putting a dash/nose on your smileys is considered passť. ;-) = bad, = good

lol, see? Even PreCentral agrees!
    Hiding : ; ?

Aren't they still lurking beneath the 'K' & 'L' keys.. where they always were?

Thank you very much. I used the qyarrowsrighthe to get the home/end and page up/down keys and up/down arrows and they work great. Very usefull. There is one problem. The new keyboard arrow keys and home/end, page up/down keys do not work in Picsel's Smart Office. You hear it clicking but no movement. The caracter typing still works, just not the new keys. The new keys work with Quick Office and every other app that HP and Preware puts out for the HP Touchpad with webOS. Just not Smart Office. Any reason why and is there going to be a patch? Thank you again for every thing else.
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Is it possible to reverse the tab and shift keys? I am so used to seeing the tab key on top. Thanks
    To be clear are you wanting simply reverse the position of the the Tab and Left Shift key or are you wanting the left Shift key left where it is with the Tab key above it?

Technically both options should be possible, BUT There are two things to consider.

First if we leave the Left Shift where it is, so it's on the same line as the right Shift and put the Tab above that it will change the way the letter keys stack with each other. In other words the A will no longer sit halfway between the Q and W keys. They will have to move over a bit to make room.

Second, if we just reverse them then the Left Shift key will no longer be on the same line as the Right Shift key. Although we could also swap the Right Shift Key with the Keyboard Size select button to get the Shifts to realign.

Either way just let me know what you are looking for.
    Patches from Maverickz:

12.    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeskywelder View Post
    Thank you very much. I used the qyarrowsrighthe to get the home/end and page up/down keys and up/down arrows and they work great. Very usefull. There is one problem. The new keyboard arrow keys and home/end, page up/down keys do not work in Picsel's Smart Office. You hear it clicking but no movement. The caracter typing still works, just not the new keys. The new keys work with Quick Office and every other app that HP and Preware puts out for the HP Touchpad with webOS. Just not Smart Office. Any reason why and is there going to be a patch? Thank you again for every thing else.
    I do not have Smart Office but I have heard reports that they do not use the stock webOS virtual KB but instead use their own. If this is true then they are going to have to update their version of the keyboard. You can contact the Smart Office devs and point them to this thread to get the codes needed to add these keys to their kb.
    Patches from Maverickz:

Shouldn't it be possible to patch more than one touchpad from the same computer? Mine went off without a hitch, but when I tried to get the linux commandline on dh's, it was "device not found"!?

Any ideas why that may have happened? And what to do about it?
    Last edited by JuanitaM; 11/26/2011 at 12:37 AM.
    NEW INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS FOR IPK VERSIONS:

If you do not already have webOS Quick Install (WOSKI), get it. See original post for more details.

Uninstall previous patches using either the New Uninstall IPK OR by typing sh patch.sh revert at a command prompt, see original post for detailed instructions.
    NOTE: It is recommended to uninstall all kb layout patches prior to installing new ones OR updating webOS to a new version.

Download the appropriate zip file from the below list and unzip it somewhere on your hard drive.
    Run WOSKI
    Click the green + sign.
    Find and select the the IPK file that you unzipped earlier.
    Click the install button on WOSKI
    The install may take about 10 min or longer, please be patient.

If you have interest in a custom keyboard layout, please PM me for assistance.

NEW UNINSTALLER IPK:
    uninstall - You can uninstall the original patch, as well as all of the IPK patches below by installing this ipk using the method outlined in the New Install Instructions above. Just substitute the uninstall IPK in place of a regular install file.

KEYBOARD LAYOUTS:
    • originalarrowsall - Adds arrow keys for QWERTY, QWERTZ, and AZERTY layouts. This is the same as the original arrow patch in IPK form with the added support for the other layouts.
    • allkbarrowsright - This places BOTH the Left and Right Arrow keys to the right of the number keys on the top row. Supports QWERTY, QWERTZ, and AZERTY layouts.
    • allkbarrowsleft - This places BOTH the Left and Right Arrow keys to the left of the number keys on the top row. Supports QWERTY, QWERTZ, and AZERTY layouts.
    • atcomalwayson - This patch makes the @ and .com keys always available (except when an app uses it's own custom kb). This also puts both arrows keys to the right of the number keys on the top row.
    • sanjaycustom - This is a custom QWERTY ONLY patch with the L/R arrows to the right of the number keys, the character page is standard, the @ and .com keys are always on, and the @ key is moved to the left of the +=[] key.
    • qyarrowsrighthe - This is a QWERTY only patch with the arrows to the right of the numbers, and Home, End keys (look like squares) on either side of the space bar. The special character page has all 4 directional arrows and a Pg Up and Pg Dn keys (also look like squares) to the right of the down arrow and ~ keys.
      NOTE: With this patch the @ and .com keys have been replaced with the Home, End Keys and will NOT show up for emails.

Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Click to view quoted image
    Loving your work, might it not be an idea to have screen shots of the various layouts to give a visual indication of what they look like?
    treodoc755 likes this.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    How long does this usually take, it has been about 7 minutes and it is stuck on reading template redefining variables
  16.    #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by hxh103 View Post
    How long does this usually take, it has been about 7 minutes and it is stuck on reading template redefining variables
    Answer:
    The install may take about 10 min or longer, please be patient.
    Patches from Maverickz:

knownboyofno likes this.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Tried to install the qyarrowsrighthe .IPK using WOSQI. The install seemed to hang in that after about an hour, WOSQI was still saying "installing" with the arrows continuing to circle. Anyone have any ideas what went wrong?

Not sure what happened but I restarted Luna, went into dev mode and tried again. It installed after about 5min. Seems to be OK. Maybe I was in USB mode before....
    Last edited by philesk; 11/27/2011 at 07:08 PM.
    Thanks Maverickz, donated some money. I love the "swaptabshift" keypatch. It was so easy to install, I just emailed the file to myself, opened it, and preware installed it for me, no hassles, no PC, no wires, amazing.

Is it possible to split the +=[] into two keys? Tapping one would bring out all the smilies, while the other half would bring out, what is present in the current swaptabshift . Thanks once again.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  19.    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Thanks Maverickz, donated some money. I love the "swaptabshift" keypatch. It was so easy to install, I just emailed the file to myself, opened it, and preware installed it for me, no hassles, no PC, no wires, amazing.

Is it possible to split the +=[] into two keys? Tapping one would bring out all the smilies, while the other half would bring out, what is present in the current swaptabshift . Thanks once again.
    I think I may know of a way to accomplish this, sort of. However in order for my vision to work I really need to get the Home, End, Pg Up, and Pg Dn keys to show something other than squares. I am currently working toward this goal. Stay tuned.
    Patches from Maverickz:

I am very confused right now. To install the new ipks, do I have to install the old one, with all of the steps like the keypatch and whatnot, or can I just follow the instructions for the new IPK and just use WOSQI without the keypatch stuff from the first one?
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast