Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gregcky
  1.    #1  
    I just though I'd let you all know that I have been recently looking for a way to change the boot sound whenever the TouchPad is first turned on... well I've become successful! In order to do so, all you need in Internalz and a short mp3 of the audio that you want.

I happened to like the Borealis sound theme found in some Linux distros. I found that on the web by just searching for it. I then used Audacity to trim the start-up sound down to 5 seconds. Then, exported it as an mp3 and onto my TouchPad. From there, all you need to do is move the file with Internalz from wherever you first stored it into /usr/palm/sounds. The boot sound is "boot.mp3" I would recommend saving the original boot.mp3 by renaming it something (I did boot-orig.mp3).

Once you do so, give your TouchPad a nice fresh Luna reboot to make sure it works, and voila! I have not tested it with any audio much longer than 5 seconds, so I don't know if this is fool proof. However, I doubt that it can cause any harm. Maybe the homebrew gurus will be able to answer that.

Here is to a new sound at boot up!!
    Last edited by kryptonite_2448; 11/18/2011 at 10:09 AM.
    Current: OnePlus One, Nexus 10
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
    nice, good work! time for windows 95 sound.
    intron likes this.
    great tip...definitely worthy of a "tip of the day!"
    Nice!!! I am doing this now. I think the Mac startup sound will suffice!!
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    EPIC!
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    Located an mp3 of an old dos machine turning on.....

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities