Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Steveborough
  1.    #1  
    Allow the light sensor on the touchpad to shut off and lock the screen the when the case cover is on. The threshold will be near zero light to signify your case cover is closed. Hopefully turning off the lights in a room will not trigger this patch due to the nearby screen's ambient light.
    +1 Great idea!
    +1/0

there is an ipad fan showing this off and I need my score back

(we have Wars of Capabilities)
    this would definitely be sick to have! I hate having to press the power button twice to turn off the screen when I put my tp on my touchstone.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I like the idea, not sure how well it would work though. You'd think that Apple would've tried that with their on/off covers (whatever they're called), but resorted to magnets because the light sensor dind't do a very good job.

Of course, I could be wrong. Kudos to any dev that can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelight0 View Post
    +1/0

there is an ipad fan showing this off and I need my score back

(we have Wars of Capabilities)
    Overclock to 1.7, 1.8, 1.9 GHz. You win.

You know what -really- annoys me about the iPad doing this .. is that it plays a sound that sounds like it's taking a picture when you do this. Makes everyone around me look.

I'm pretty sure that there's no access to the light sensor directly from anywhere, so someone would have to write a program that somehow talked to the sensor, and got it's info, and .. well, i don't know if there's any way even for root programs to be able to call to shutoff the display. Probably be easy as pie once we have source code, to at least see if it will work. Not very easy until then, though.

Oh, another nice thing, is that if you have the HP case, it looks a lot like the iPad case on the front, but it actually offers some protection to the device on the back. And the case isn't entirely made of annoying metal. The smart cover on the iPad 2 is .. really.. just a major gimmick. I doubt it would protect against any heavier abuse than a plastic screen protector.

Oh, and show your friend your Touchstone. You DO have a touchstone, right?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    You know what -really- annoys me about the iPad doing this .. is that it plays a sound that sounds like it's taking a picture when you do this. Makes everyone around me look.
    +1 to that, I hate how the volume control on my friends' iPads only only controls media, you can't change the keyboard, camera or any sort of that sound without going into the settings. The Touchpad's controls for system and media sounds are perfect.

I can't wait for all of the development opportunities after HP releases the source code. It would really help out in tweaking the OS.