Im really hoping someone can help me out here, would be greatly appreciated. My touchpad keyboard is typing the wrong letters and I can't get it to stop- it types 'sl' when I hit the s key, 'ow' when I hit the w key. Has anyone had similar issues and is there a fix? It didn't do that before the latest patch.
    This is happening when you use the bluetooth keyboard and not with the virtual keyboard?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by S001 View Post
    Im really hoping someone can help me out here, would be greatly appreciated. My touchpad keyboard is typing the wrong letters and I can't get it to stop- it types 'sl' when I hit the s key, 'ow' when I hit the w key. Has anyone had similar issues and is there a fix? It didn't do that before the latest patch.
    What patch? Mine doesn't do that. I'd try removing the patch. As Henny Youngman said A patient says to his doctor, "Doctor, it hurts when I do this." The doctor replied "Then don't do that!"
    yeah this is happening with the bluetooth keyboard. By patch I meant the 3.0.4 update. Everything was fine before that. I do not want to uninstall that though.
    Could it be a keyboard battery issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    Could it be a keyboard battery issue?
    Good idea, I swapped with a fresh pair of batteries but that didn't work however.
    WOW. I went to re pair my keyboard with the touchpad, so I turned off bluetooth on the touchpad- and the touchpad ****ing erased itself. **** it.
    You turned off Bluetooth and it erased itself? Uh.. Right.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by S001 View Post
    WOW. I went to re pair my keyboard with the touchpad, so I turned off bluetooth on the touchpad- and the touchpad ****ing erased itself. **** it.
    Yeah, 3.0.4 is somewhat more than a 'patch'..
    Maybe you will not still have this problem by the time you have UNerased everything!

Turn off the idiotic 'Auto-correct' too!

Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    You turned off Bluetooth and it erased itself? Uh.. Right.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Whatever. And I guess these people are making stuff up too? Something is obviously wrong even if you don't know what it is, but thanks for trying to be helpful.
    I'm on 3.0.4 and my Keyboard is working fine, typing this message with it in fact. Yes, definitely disable the autocorrect, it's terrible IMHO. That's crazy that re-pairing the keyboard would erase the touchpad. There is almost certainly more to it than that but hard to say without more history.