Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By dignitary
  • 1 Post By Xsever
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Can the admins/mods/devs/preware people ONLY please create a thread where they list every patch available in preware, its version, and which version of WebOS it works with.

I am finding it very hard and shocking that no one had made a thread yet to track every patch and where it stands with 3.0.4.

I searched a lot and there seems a lot of threads about this topic but none are updated and maintained.

Please make a sticky and let us know which patches work with 3.0.4 and which don't.

Idea: Why can't we browse through preware's database using our PCs to see which patches are available, which got updated, what are the changelogs, and what not...

Thanks a lot.
    That's a lot of demands to place on an all-volunteer team generously donating their own spare time toward providing features at no-cost.
    keplenk and atg284 like this.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    What stops you from going into the PreWare, opening the patch you're interested in and looking at the last update date.
    Generally speaking you can presume anything with an update date after 20-Oct is 3.0.4 compliant.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    That's a lot of demands to place on an all-volunteer team generously donating their own spare time toward providing features at no-cost.
    I understand it is all volunteer-based, but something as simple as what I am asking for should not take that long. The information is there, it just needs to be posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Heist View Post
    What stops you from going into the PreWare, opening the patch you're interested in and looking at the last update date.
    Generally speaking you can presume anything with an update date after 20-Oct is 3.0.4 compliant.
    What stops me is that you cannot see some new patches in Preware if you are still in 3.0.2 (i.e. Uberkernel). You have to update to 3.0.4 in order to be able to see what's going on in that world.

I honestly don't think this request is this big of a deal. If someone would send me the info, I would go through making the thread and updating it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by xsever View Post
    Idea: Why can't we browse through preware's database using our PCs to see which patches are available, which got updated, what are the changelogs, and what not...

Thanks a lot.
    a lot of what you're asking for is already on here:
    webOS-Patches Web Portal
    I've had 3.0.4 since it came out on 2 TPs, and have felt no need to install any patches myself. on 3.0.2 I had 2 patches, don't even remember what they were.

So maybe there's no real thread because there's not a big demand right now.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    a lot of what you're asking for is already on here:
    webOS-Patches Web Portal
    Wow! That's exactly what I was looking for! None of my searched lead me to this.

Thanks a lot!

Donation to WebOS Internals for the Web Portal -> Confirmation number: 3Y23896316742753S

Thank you!
    geeksquadkid likes this.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    A few patches that I installed this week brought me from a 99 to a 95 score in Lithium so happy with that.
    Cant you just check it every day. The newly added stuff shows up at the top of the list...
    Pros: The pills were there.
    Cons: So was the tank.
    <thread moved>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjagrrl View Post
    Cant you just check it every day. The newly added stuff shows up at the top of the list...
    Again, if you are still running 3.0.2, you do not see some 3.0.4 patches (i.e. Uberkernel)