Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1.    #1  
    I have been waiting for this patch since 3.0.477. if you have the increase touch sensitivity patch still installed remove it luna reboot and go to patches and get Buttah, also looks like there are several updates available today
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 10/26/2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: added [Patch]
    I thought the sensitivity in 3.04 was improved. Did this patch make noticeable difference for you?
  3.    #3  
    Night and day with the keyboard especially, and no more having to hit the app drawer button several times.
    increase touch sensitivity ruined my touchpad. The screen stop to respond problem occured more frequently.
  5.    #5  
    sorry that happened to you, i haven't had any issues with it at all, just know it did not work after the update and since the update i have had a lot of issues with unresponsive touch now all is good again
    I am holding of on the install on this and a few others. Not sure if they are necessary anymore as many have stated. The keypad was improved 100% for me with the recent update. Even more so than when I had this patch installed on the previous 3.0.2

I am keeping my eyes on this thread for necessary patch updates: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html

I posted this in that thread eariler today:

I see that Muffle System Logging, Buttah (Formally Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness 10), Faster Card Animations, Remove Dropped Packet Logging, and Unset CFQ IO Scheduler are all back in preware.

Do we know yet if these work well with the new update, or are even necessary?
    billyboy likes this.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I'm seeing many of the package updates for the patches that were installed for 3.0.2. Should I go ahead and update these and are these already updated to work with 3.0.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    I see that Muffle System Logging, Buttah (Formally Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness 10), Faster Card Animations, Remove Dropped Packet Logging, and Unset CFQ IO Scheduler are all back in preware.

Do we know yet if these work well with the new update, or are even necessary?
    They work fine for me (except muffle don't use/trust it). I was getting frustrated with the touch sensitivity since the 3.0.4 update. Was happy to see Buttah in preware, and installed it until the original touch sensitivity patch becomes available.
    <thread moved>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    right now I'm seeing both on preware, buttah and increase touch sensitivity. Buttah shows a v. # of 15, the other reads 17. So wich one snould be installed?
    Ken Diaz likes this.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    +1

Which is better between the two? Although I'm ok with Buttah, but I'm just wondering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eny2002 View Post
    right now I'm seeing both on preware, buttah and increase touch sensitivity. Buttah shows a v. # of 15, the other reads 17. So wich one snould be installed?
    Same question.
    trowany likes this.
    This is not correct.

OP, make sure you update the thread title.

There was the "Increase Touch Response and Smoothness" patch created by rmausser. I then forked it to create "Increase Touch Response and Smoothness 10" (NOTE THE 10 IN THE PATCH NAME) to meet *my* needs.

This started causing lots of confusion, especially when rmausser made a big change in his patches.

The -10 patch was removed in the patch repo and is now making a return as Buttah.

rmausser wants to rename his patches as Buttah Extreme but I don't think that will clear up the confusion that there are *2* maintainers for 2 different patches. Additionally, I've gone ahead and made a version of Buttah for phones.

To be clear, my goal is to reduce confusion and make clear there are 2 distinct patches. Threads like these confusing things need to be corrected ASAP.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    To be clear, my goal is to reduce confusion and make clear there are 2 distinct patches. Threads like these confusing things need to be corrected ASAP.
    Ok, but what are the differences between the two patches?
    So my "increase touch response and smoothness" patch just finally got a 3.04 update as I'm sure most already. I updated it.

Now I see Buttah. I know they are different. If buttah is 10, then what is "incraese touch response and smooothness" then? Whats the difference..I have no base..
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasters View Post
    Ok, but what are the differences between the two patches?
    https://github.com/webos-internals/p...bos-3.0.4/misc
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    As you wrote it, could you provide those of us not familiar with Github's version control system a quick summary of the differences?

I'm not asking for details, just the highlights.
    Please codecrumb, I think people just want to know which makes the biggest difference. From your post it sounds like buttah increases touch response and smoothness, and 'Increase Touch Response and Smoothness' increases it more than buttah. They are independent patches which are not intended to be used together.

I hope I understood correctly. I think the confusion comes in the descriptions found when you install the patches. The are very similar.
    the details don't really matter unless you are planning to hack things.

what's more important is do either patch work for you and if so, which one works better.

try them out and make your own decision
    this patch did not mess up my tp. Huge difference in keyboard. I installed buttah, I don't understand the confusion, the dev states in the patch its previous name, its now new name, buttah.

....has always been 2 of these patches for 3.0.2, the one by Mau was best to me then, but I'm trying buttah out. It use to be choppy to me, almost too sensitive, Mau`s patch was more smooth, but after the updates I think buttah just might be my new preference.
    they are different patches, same goal, they both do the same thing, try both and see which gels best with your tp. I'm ocd, so I notice small minute things.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast