Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes
    I had buttah installed until the new ITRS patch came out. I'm still not sure which works best for me but both work flawlessly. Thanks!
    well the updated ITSR patch didn't help my problem any, so perhaps I'll have to try 'Buttah'. Ever since 3.0.4 I absolutely can not select a page of posts in the forum using the top control (the page # list between the Likes counter and Display Modes dropdown)... no matter how carefully I tap I get either the Likes menu or Display Modes menu, absolutely every time. I never had any such problem prior to 3.0.4. I have no problem selecting a page from the bottom control, but having to scroll to the bottom each and every time I want to pick a page is irritating. I had thought the problem would go away when the ITSR patch was updated, but no such luck.
    once again, the sense of entitlement of people getting free patches borders on the ridiculous.

there is nothing to hide. The link to the patches has been posted. Learn to read the diff if you really want to know.
    danved, LinuxKoss and vella_ like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Diaz View Post
    I think people just want to know which makes the biggest difference.
    Just as with overclocking kernels, there is no single answer to that question.

Try both, and see which works for you.

Your usage patterns, eyesight, finger size, sweatiness, speed of swiping, and all sorts of other things are going to cause your experience to be slightly different from everyone else's. That's why there's multiple patches which do similar things.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    vella_, LinuxKoss and danved like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

Your usage patterns, eyesight, finger size, sweatiness, speed of swiping, and all sorts of other things are going to cause your experience to be slightly different from everyone else's. That's why there's multiple patches which do similar things.

-- Rod
    I look forward to a future SweatyKernel release...

--John
    Quote Originally Posted by mlkmade View Post
    Why is it such a difficult question, just seems like you're hiding something.
    I think you should retract that statement immediately.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Ken Diaz and vella_ like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    one wonders why there can't be just one sensitivity/responsiveness patch with one or more Tweaks settings to acheive the desired range of adjustments? since there is not just one, does one assume correctly then that the two different patches adjust different things in different ways, even though they achieve similar results?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    one wonders why there can't be just one sensitivity/responsiveness patch with one or more Tweaks settings to acheive the desired range of adjustments? since there is not just one, does one assume correctly then that the two different patches adjust different things in different ways, even though they achieve similar results?
    Tweaks require javascript code to read the values and apply them at run-time.

These patches are to configuration files which cannot be changed at run-time by javascript.

Therefore, it is not possible to use Tweaks to configure this type of patch.

-- Rod
    LinuxKoss likes this.
    INFORMATION:
    Please make note of the title change in this thread, as requested by webOS Internals. There were two different patches, by two different developers.

Increase Touch Response and Smoothness 10 by codecrumb (now called Buttah)

&

Increase Touch Response and Smoothness by rmausser

Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    thanks for the explanation Rod. You are wise and patient as always.

in other news, I removed ITRS and installed Buttah. I can't tell the difference, and still can't pick a thread page number from the top control in this forum. I don't think it's a touch radius issue, more likely a browser issue introduced by 3.0.4. Anyone else having that problem?
    KingPenguin#WN likes this.
    well the updated ITSR patch didn't help my problem any, so perhaps I'll have to try 'Buttah'. Ever since 3.0.4 I absolutely can not select a page of posts in the forum using the top control (the page # list between the Likes counter and Display Modes dropdown)... no matter how carefully I tap I get either the Likes menu or Display Modes menu, absolutely every time. I never had any such problem prior to 3.0.4. I have no problem selecting a page from the bottom control, but having to scroll to the bottom each and every time I want to pick a page is irritating. I had thought the problem would go away when the ITSR patch was updated, but no such luck.
    Glad to hear I'm not alone. Since the 3.0.4 update I've been having the same issues selecting the next pages in the thread using that control. I've switched the other direction - was using Buttah, am now trying ITSR. Not enough seat time yet with ITSR to tell if it works any better than Buttah. I'm also using a stylus which I thought would help, it hasn't so far. Easiest course of action to get to the next page is to resize, then select but I don't want to have to always do that.

It seems that screen calibration since 3.0.4 is off somewhat. Selecting items appears to be more difficult since the update.

in other news, I removed ITRS and installed Buttah. I can't tell the difference, and still can't pick a thread page number from the top control in this forum. I don't think it's a touch radius issue, more likely a browser issue introduced by 3.0.4. Anyone else having that problem?
    I've just tried both patches and no patch at all and it makes no difference, I also cannot select the thread page at the top. It seems ridiculously inaccurate for me.

yes, selecting pages at the bottom works fine. Gotta be a sharpshooter to hit one at the top...
    Honestly the best way to describe the two patches is my version is more aggressive but at the sake of battery life and clickability, and codecrumbs is for people who have trouble with sucha small tap radius.

Technical difference:

Touch Response Patch (rmausser)

-Tap Radius of 10
    -X and Y Move of 1px
    -CPUShare to give more processing power to UI rather than background tasks
    -Change the UI's FPS to 80-100.

Buttah (codecrumb)

-Tap Radius of 15.
    -Larger X and Y move
    -No CPU share or increase of FPS.

Correct me if I am wrong codecrumb.

This is my opinion but: try my patch, and if it is too difficult to tap on things or drains your battery like crazy, then use Buttah
    Eigan and lwalther57 like this.
    buttah for phones - tap radius 15
    buttah for touchpad - tap radius 10
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    vella_ and lwalther57 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Honestly the best way to describe the two patches is my version is more aggressive but at the sake of battery life and clickability, and codecrumbs is for people who have trouble with sucha small tap
    This is perfect, just plain English for simple folk like me ;-)
    Tikerz and trowany like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    buttah for phones - tap radius 15
    buttah for touchpad - tap radius 10
    totally agree with this statement, I tried both, I used buttah first on touchpad and experienced some lagging and difficulty clicking correctly in a dense area. Therefore, IRTS is better on touchpad i guess, but the battery life...>.<. However, buttah work better on my Pre3, IRTS keep getting wrong on Pre3.

=> Pre3 = Buttah
    =>TP = IRTS

I really want to thank both of you for the effort making both patches. It makes me experiencing a good time with both devices. Really appreciate it guys XDD~
    Ken Diaz likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    once again, the sense of entitlement of people getting free patches borders on the ridiculous.

there is nothing to hide. The link to the patches has been posted. Learn to read the diff if you really want to know.
    love all your patches and codes. Thank you for all you do. Warthog FTW.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

I just pinch-out the area in question, and then tap it. . .Works for me!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12