Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #1  
    I am not sure if there is an existing wifi enabled TouchPad file browser. Here is one I just created and it will be available on preware feeds soon.

This is a simple app that can be used to view your touchpad folders without connecting any cables...you can be wirefree! Yes..just run the app on the touchpad and open the ip address,port as given on the touchpad on your computer. That's it. You will be able to view the files/folders that are on present under /media/internal/ folder.

You will also be able to upload files to the TouchPad.

Please note that Internet Explorer will not work fine while uploading images. Please use other available internet browsers like Safari, Chrome, Firefox etc.

There are some random cases when the app can crash. In such scenarios, please restart the app and try it. In case you experience the issue again, please let me know the issue and I will check if that can be fixed.

Also please note that you will not be able to view/upload files on webOS mobile phones right now. You will just see binary data. Incase you are able to view/upload files using any other mobile phone, please let me know.

I hope you like it.

NOTE: There are also issues reported and this app does not run when some patches are installed on your TouchPad.

EDIT: Here is the precentral link: http://www.precentral.net/wifi-touchpad-file-browser

Please note that you need to have preware installed and .ipk extension associated with it.

Check this video on how to use this app (not a good one though):

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcl5nmkmqQQ[/YT]
    Last edited by PreNewbieSV; 11/10/2011 at 08:55 PM.
    Sounds great!

Thanks!
    How soon will this be available to try out?
    Amazing work! Works, but tends to crash pretty quickly (ie. server is down, please restart app). Thank you!
  5.    #5  
    Is it when you try to access mp3s or something else?

I haven't yet figured out an option to access HPMusic folder to play those encrypted music files...

Quote Originally Posted by DaDueler View Post
    Amazing work! Works, but tends to crash pretty quickly (ie. server is down, please restart app). Thank you!
    Is it ironic that you need to plug in a cable to install this?

At least until it's on Preware that is.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
  7.    #7  
    hehe...
    Nope..you don't need cable for that if you have preware installed with .ipk mapped to preware.. it should install automatically if you click on the link I provided in my post..

Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    Is it ironic that you need to plug in a cable to install this?

At least until it's on Preware that is.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Browsing files is fine, but I get server down whenever I try to upload something, no matter what it is or where I try to put it.
  9.    #9  
    Can you please give more details on the following:
    1) Browser you are using. I hope its not Internet Explorer.
    2) OS
    3) Whether you are connected to any VPN

Quote Originally Posted by whocares69 View Post
    Browsing files is fine, but I get server down whenever I try to upload something, no matter what it is or where I try to put it.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Firefox 8, windows xp, normal wifi
  11.    #11  
    Let me check it tonight from a windows xp machine using firefox 8. I will let you know if I am able to replicate the issue..
    Quote Originally Posted by whocares69 View Post
    Firefox 8, windows xp, normal wifi
    Has anyone tried to download a folder with it?
    It worked for about a minute, then crashed.

Process to reproduce the crash:

I was connected through a winxp box with the latest Firefox.

-Selected the button to view directories
    -Clicked on a 70mb .mp4 file, the touchpad immediately locks up tight. Menus and screens still visible, but no response to any screen input or button press.
    If left for a minute, it will black screen, no lights. Requires holding down the buttons to force a full hard restart.

I tried this process twice, same result on both occasions.

//32GB Touchpad with uberkernal @ 1.5ghz and a number of patches, but no patches that have been linked to problems. For instance, I haven't installed muffle logging or big cards.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreNewbieSV View Post
    Let me check it tonight from a windows xp machine using firefox 8. I will let you know if I am able to replicate the issue..
    I have fixed the file upload issue. You should soon see the latest version on preware. (either tonight or tomorrow)

To resolve issues while viewing/browsing large files, I will see if I can have a fix by tomorrow..
  15.    #15  
    Those who dont want to wait for preware feeds, here is the link (version 0.0.2):

EDIT : Version 0.0.3 is available ... Download it from preware..
    Last edited by PreNewbieSV; 10/28/2011 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Removed link to 0.0.2 version
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    New version seems to work fine and have fixed the bug.
    chrome 15.0.874
    OSX 10.6.8
    VPN- yes
    also firefox 7.0.1

as soon as i connect i get
    "Browsing /media/internal/.wallpapers/07.jpg"
    server is down

same if i disconnect from VPN
    i can see the list of folders if i connect straight to xxx.xxx/folders but then disconnect as soon as it loads
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfischer View Post
    chrome 15.0.874
    OSX 10.6.8
    VPN- yes
    also firefox 7.0.1

as soon as i connect i get
    "Browsing /media/internal/.wallpapers/07.jpg"
    server is down

same if i disconnect from VPN
    i can see the list of folders if i connect straight to xxx.xxx/folders but then disconnect as soon as it loads
    I developed this app on my MBP..OSX.. I am not able to replicate this issue.. Can you try restarting the TP once? sometimes it might just be some random error..
    I also hope that you have 3.0.4
    I am not sure if there is an existing wifi enabled TouchPad file browser. Here is one I just created and it will be available on preware feeds soon.

This is a simple app that can be used to view your touchpad folders without connecting any cables...you can be wirefree! Yes..just run the app on the touchpad and open the ip address,port as given on the touchpad on your computer. That's it. You will be able to view the files/folders that are on present under /media/internal/ folder.

You will also be able to upload files to the TouchPad.
    If you want to view touchpad folders without connecting any cables, and you want to copy files from your touchpad to your computer or from your computer to your touchpad, TBtransfer will do that: http://www.precentral.net/tbtransfer.
    I developed this app on my MBP..OSX.. I am not able to replicate this issue.. Can you try restarting the TP once? sometimes it might just be some random error..
    I also hope that you have 3.0.4
    yes forgot to state that i had restarted my touchpad that is running 3.0.4
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast