Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by bldegle2 View Post
    nice app, use it in conjunction w/internaz...

anyway, I can transfer only 1 picture/file at a time, when I select 37 pics, they all transfer but 0 bytes, most are 1.5meg to 2meg pics...should be a 55 to 60 meg upload...

like i say, 1 pic=good, multiple pics=not good...

maybe i am missing something, help...

thanks in advance...
    I tried uploading multiple files (not only images) at once.. it worked fine.. hope you dont have any patches installed that might be causing issues with the data upload..
    I have 11 patches installed, I will cull all the comments and ferret out the offending patch (es)...

Thanks
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by bldegle2 View Post
    I have 11 patches installed, I will cull all the comments and ferret out the offending patch (es)...

Thanks
    Great! Thanks and let me know..
    Very helpful tool. Thanks a lot for the effort!
    Thanks for the latest update! This is a amazing free application and I'd love to help in the development. I'm best with creating good UI with CSS so if you would like someone to help with the app presentation, I'd love to.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    Thanks for the latest update! This is a amazing free application and I'd love to help in the development. I'm best with creating good UI with CSS so if you would like someone to help with the app presentation, I'd love to.
    I appreciate your offer! I just PM-ed you..
    Like my app? Want to support its future development? Want to thank me?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreNewbieSV View Post
    I am not sure if there is an existing wifi enabled TouchPad file browser. Here is one I just created and it will be available on preware feeds soon.

This is a simple app that can be used to view your touchpad folders without connecting any cables...you can be wirefree! Yes..just run the app on the touchpad and open the ip address,port as given on the touchpad on your computer. That's it. You will be able to view the files/folders that are on present under /media/internal/ folder.

You will also be able to upload files to the TouchPad.

Please note that Internet Explorer will not work fine while uploading images. Please use other available internet browsers like Safari, Chrome, Firefox etc.

There are some random cases when the app can crash. In such scenarios, please restart the app and try it. In case you experience the issue again, please let me know the issue and I will check if that can be fixed.

Also please note that you will not be able to view/upload files on webOS mobile phones right now. You will just see binary data. Incase you are able to view/upload files using any other mobile phone, please let me know.

I hope you like it.

NOTE: There are also issues reported and this app does not run when some patches are installed on your TouchPad.

EDIT: Here is the precentral link: http://www.precentral.net/wifi-touchpad-file-browser

Please note that you need to have preware installed and .ipk extension associated with it.

Check this video on how to use this app (not a good one though):

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcl5nmkmqQQ[/YT]
    what a superb item ...I would love to see it work as well on the veer & pre3 ...please proceed with this project !!
    I appreciate your offer! I just PM-ed you..
    You know SV, I've looked for your 'donate' button before but could not find it. Perhaps I didn't look hard enough or the subconscious cheapskate in me just would not allow further investigation, but now that I see it so readily accessible as in your post above, I used it!

I hope that others follow suit. Your efforts, in my view, are certainly worthy of more tangible expressions of appreciation.

Cheers and here's to your future magic.
    pbnewbie likes this.
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzione1 View Post
    You know SV, I've looked for your 'donate' button before but could not find it. Perhaps I didn't look hard enough or the subconscious cheapskate in me just would not allow further investigation, but now that I see it so readily accessible as in your post above, I used it!

I hope that others follow suit. Your efforts, in my view, are certainly worthy of more tangible expressions of appreciation.

Cheers and here's to your future magic.
    I appreciate your kind gesture and continued support to the development of this app!
    I appreciate your kind gesture and continued support to the development of this app!
    Has anyone identified which patches this has trouble with yet? I'm not running any patches currently but I certainly don't want to add anything that might conflict with this. Thanks!
    I ran this app for the first time today and my TouchPad is a coma. The screen is on, but it doesn't recognize any input and none of the hardware buttons are responsive. I assume my only recourse is to let the battery completely die and bring it back up. Any thoughts, other than to NEVER run this application again?
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottrudy View Post
    I ran this app for the first time today and my TouchPad is a coma. The screen is on, but it doesn't recognize any input and none of the hardware buttons are responsive. I assume my only recourse is to let the battery completely die and bring it back up. Any thoughts, other than to NEVER run this application again?
    You can restart the device by pressing home button and power button together for about 10-15 seconds. You need not wait for the battery to drain out completely.

Also you should be able to run it once the device is restarted. Not sure why it is behaving like that. I guess its due to some random bug with the OS..
    @PreNewbieSV Great app! Thanks for the work.

Multiple file selection/upload only works with FireFox versions 3.6 and above.

(more details: File select - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Also seems to explain why Internet Explorer can't be used.

(Found this after trying to figure out why FireFox 2.0.0.20 browser wouldn't allow multiple selections)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottrudy View Post
    If it's not working for you, try TBtransfer--you can copy files between your computer and TP but you will need to put a small file on your computer so it can "talk" to the TP. You'll find it in Preware. FYI--I got the white frozen screen the other day. I thought it might have been because I opened the app before my wireless was finished connecting...Anyway, power and home button at the same time will restart the TP.
    Thank you soooo much for this!
    The flimsy USB port (plus the reboot each time due to not recognizing) was becoming an issue for my mom, and this solution is so much better and faster!

Thank you!
    sorry if this has been asked, but is it possible to make this run as a service so that wifi file browsing is always available?
    Quote Originally Posted by elsie2 View Post
    If it's not working for you, try TBtransfer--you can copy files between your computer and TP but you will need to put a small file on your computer so it can "talk" to the TP. You'll find it in Preware. FYI--I got the white frozen screen the other day. I thought it might have been because I opened the app before my wireless was finished connecting...Anyway, power and home button at the same time will restart the TP.
    Thank you. Just did the power and home button for about 8 seconds (must have been one of the combos I missed) and I have my touchpad back. I'll give TB Transfer a shot.
  18.    #138  
    I am working on a couple of changes to this app..couldn't make it working as expected last week.. I hope to get something out by end of this week..
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I used wifi file browser to move some icons over to use with Twack's shortcut launcher. For some reason there was some corruption so when I browsed for the files using shortcut launcher it didn't see them. I could type in the file location and get them to work. I removed them and loaded them using usb and they worked. Here was his explanation.

"I believe the first transfer did not use a binary transfer but UTF-8. This would corrupt the files".

This is beyond my pay grade. I'm not sure if it would affect files for other uses.
    hi, I've never been able to make this app work for me since installing this. For your reference, the details of my TP and PC are as follows:

1) using WebOS 3.0.4
    2) restarted the TP several times but didn't seem to help
    3) not using any wallpaper switching apps
    4) used chrome and firefox to connect to TP
    5) not connected to any VPN

Thanks for any help on this matter!