Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aredon View Post
    Honestly I think it might look nicer as just the black folder with signal icon on it, instead of the touchpad.

Also, I asked this before but it seems to have been overlooked. Would FTP be a possibility with this app at some point?
    I saw that suggestion of having ftp.. that would be a separate app.. I don't want to mix that with this one..
    Quote Originally Posted by rockus_123 View Post
    Hi,

Is it possible if we can upload multiple files or all the files in a directory?

Thanks.
    Maybe a little box next to each file to check, with a select all option.
  3.    #83  
    Just uploaded 0.0.7 .. Now you can upload files to a subfolder. To access folders within a folder, select the high level folder first.; your dropdown list will get updated.

Also added % progress and you can see that on the Touchpad..
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreNewbieSV View Post
    Do you see the message that the server is up and running on the Touchpad? Also another question: Is your touchpad and your laptop connected to the same wifi?
    Never mind! It seems to be working now!
    Just uploaded 0.0.7 .. Now you can upload files to a subfolder. To access folders within a folder, select the high level folder first.; your dropdown list will get updated.

Also added % progress and you can see that on the Touchpad..
    From my Touchpad It only shows version 0.0.6 available in Preware, and it fails on install with the following error message:

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --user-agent Preware --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/com.prenewbie.wifitpbrowser_0.0.6_all.ipk http://cdn.precentral.net/resources/..._0.0.6_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 403

sent from my HP Touchpad
    OK, reloaded Preware and there was 0.0.7. Also realized that I had .ipk's associated to Jason's Internalz Pro, so I had to turn that off and was able to download the app. As soon as I launched it it caused a device reset. Then it opened fine from the launcher and I'm ready to go... Except for one embarrasing question.... How do I "open the ip address, port as given on the touchpad on your computer"? I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium and Chrome.

Thanks in advance!
    You just go to the URL field in your browser window (where you'd type things like http://precentral.net) and just type in the IP address and port (i.e. 192.168.0.120:1234) and you should see options to browse and upload files... you should be good to go.
    Using Splashtop and "Wifi TouchPad File Browser/Uploader" together, you can go into your PC using your TP and using transfer files without needing to be in front of the PC. Nice circular kind of thing. Neat app!
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    From my Touchpad It only shows version 0.0.6 available in Preware, and it fails on install with the following error message:

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --user-agent Preware --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/com.prenewbie.wifitpbrowser_0.0.6_all.ipk http://cdn.precentral.net/resources/..._0.0.6_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 403

sent from my HP Touchpad
    I guess it failed because the backend servers were getting updated with version 0.0.7...@eTreo..hope your issues are fixed..
    all i can say is WOW. this app is AMAZING! NOTE: I have the 64gb "White Elephant", I've found that many .IPKs have to be installed via WOSQI to work correctly, as is the case with this one. However, it works GREAT after doing so. I accessed the TP via my MacBookPro AND my EVO 3D web browser. I was able to upload and download files to and from both. The TP server crashed once while trying to upload from the EVO, but worked after I restarted the server on the TP.

Great work ..keep it up! Do you have a donate link, I'd love to support devel of this app further.
    ----------------------------------------
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be, unnatural"
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by arachnoman666 View Post
    all i can say is WOW. this app is AMAZING! NOTE: I have the 64gb "White Elephant", I've found that many .IPKs have to be installed via WOSQI to work correctly, as is the case with this one. However, it works GREAT after doing so. I accessed the TP via my MacBookPro AND my EVO 3D web browser. I was able to upload and download files to and from both. The TP server crashed once while trying to upload from the EVO, but worked after I restarted the server on the TP.

Great work ..keep it up! Do you have a donate link, I'd love to support devel of this app further.
    Glad to know that you liked it and you are able to connect from Evo..!! You can always support the work by clicking on support/donate button present in the app menu.. I appreciate that!
    Last edited by PreNewbieSV; 11/08/2011 at 11:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Thanks for the updates, this program is nice!
  13.    #93  
    Updated to 0.0.8.. Now you can create folders during file upload. Just type the folder name and click on "Create Folder" button. Once the folder is created, you can pick that folder from the dropdown and continue with file upload.

Please note that you cannot create subfolders in one shot. Giving something like "test/test1" will not work. Instead you will have to give "test" first, create that folder, go to that folder and then create "test1". (double quotes not required while giving folder names)
    Wonderful effort SV! Many thanks for your continued development.. I'm curious if we'll ever see the ability to upload multiple files or complete directory contents. This seems to be a commonly requested feature that would increase the practical usefulness of this fi
    ne app many fold.
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzione1 View Post
    Wonderful effort SV! Many thanks for your continued development.. I'm curious if we'll ever see the ability to upload multiple files or complete directory contents. This seems to be a commonly requested feature that would increase the practical usefulness of this fi
    ne app many fold.
    On popular demand, I have included multiple file upload in version 0.0.9...Enjoy..! Check preware in a few hours.. I just uploaded it..
    Got it working! I can see the files on my TP via my computer's Google Chrome browser, and moved a file from the TP to the computer, but can't figure out how to movd one from the computer to the TP.

Could someone help please!
    Duh! It was one the first screen menu. Sorry! So excited to browse the TP, I went screaming past it
    This is very cool, just tried it. Thanks....
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    On popular demand, I have included multiple file upload in version 0.0.9...Enjoy..! Check preware in a few hours.. I just uploaded it..
    Gets better with every version Preatty soon I'll only have to connect my USB cable when I'm transfering videos (due to the slowness of wifi vs usb)
    Wow. Remarkable updates!
    Is there an add on / extension for chrome or firefox, or a way this app could present thumbnails of jpgs while browsing directories? It would be great for weeding out wallpapers and photos with Wifi Touchpad File Browser.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast